Lyndon Johnson and Military Intelligence Murdered John Kennedy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2012 1:03:27 PM PDT
I am not the first person to call Lyndon Johnson a murderer.

And neither was E. Howard Hunt, the longtime CIA operative who organized the Bay of Pigs fiasco and who hated the Kennedys, and who before he died told his son St. John Hunt that Lyndon Johnson and the CIA colluded to murder John Kennedy. (2007)

Nor was Barr McClellan who was a lawyer for Lyndon Johnson and who wrote the book, "Blood, Money & Power: How LBJ Killed JFK" (2003).

Nor was Billie Sol Estes (still alive today 2012 & never interviewed by Caro) who was Lyndon Johnson's cut-out for doing business and kick backs on a massive scale (multiple $ millions). Estes, at the urging of Texas Ranger Clint Peoples, himself a close observer of LBJ's corruption for decades, went to court in the 1980's and confessed to a grand jury that Lyndon Johnson, Cliff Carter, he and Malcolm Wallace planned the murder of US Agricultural official Henry Marshall in June, 1961. The Marshall murder had been classified by Johnson cronies as death by suicide by 5 shots of a bolt action rifle - a now hilarious miscarriage of justice ruling in 1961.

Nor was Madeleine Brown, an inner circle mistress of Lyndon Johnson who had a son Steven Mark in 1950 with LBJ, and for 20 years before her death in 2003 told thousands of people that Lyndon Johnson had foreknowledge of the JFK assassination. LBJ called her on the day of the JFK assassination and said: "That son-of-a-bitch crazy Yarborough and that _____ ______ Irish mafia bastard Kennedy, will never embarrass me again!" [Texas in the Morning, p. 167]

Nor were tens of thousands anti-Vietnam protestors in the late 1960's the first to consider Lyndon Johnson a murderer as they chanted "Hey, hey, LBJ, how many babies did you kill today?"

The *first* person I know who called Lyndon Johnson a murderer was the Governor of Texas, Allan Shivers who accused Lyndon Johnson to his face for the murder of Sam Smithwick in prison in 1956. Smithwick was involved in the 1948 ballot stuffing in Duval County that got "Landslide Lyndon" *elected* over Coke Stevenson in the 1948 Democratic primary. That was when in Texas a Democratic primary nomination was a de facto general election win. Smithwick was in jail and threatening to talk about the Box 13 scandal.

Robert Dallek: "According to Johnson, in 1956, Governor Allen Shivers of Texas accused him of having had Smithwick murdered. The charge understandably enraged Johnson." (Dallek, "Lone Star Rising," p. 347) So there you have it, people, including a high elected Texas official who knew well the nature and character and lack thereof of Lyndon Johnson have been calling him a murderer since 1956.

Gov. Shivers made his charges of Lyndon Johnson orchestrating the Smithwick murder 8 years before the J. Evetts Haley book "A Texan Looks at Lyndon: A Study in Illegitimate Power" which sold more copies in Texas in 1964 than the Bible did.

I have found that people don't like it when you lie about them; but what they really *hate* is when you tell the truth about them.

Gov. Allan Shivers supported Lyndon Johnson, a man who he thought was a cold blooded murderer, for president in the 1960 Democratic primary. Now, why would Shivers do such a thing? It is called the tyranny of power. LBJ had power in 1960 and even though Shivers knew in his heart LBJ was a murderer, the tyranny of power required that Shivers support native Texan Lyndon Johnson for Texas.

And it is the tyranny of power that makes author Robert Caro feel that he is compelled to ignore 48 years of very fine JFK assassination research that points to the culpability of both Lyndon Johnson and military intelligence in the JFK assassination. They usually don't dish out Pulitzer prizes and other prestigious awards to those who call a U.S. President a murderer.

Just as families don't like to discuss incest; media, academic and government elites of countries don't like to discuss assassinations and coup d'etats that make them look like citizens of a banana republic. It just not a pleasant topic, especially when there are so many compromised organizations Presidency, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, both Democratic and Republican parties and the CIA/CFR controlled media that have tried to cover up the unpleasantness in Dallas for 48 years. Not to mention that the United States is so preachy to other countries about their states of democracy.

I think that the Bush family in particular has a lot to lose with an honest discussion and investigation into the JFK assassination. A deep analysis of GHW Bush and the events of Dallas might mean the end of Bushes at the national level of politics.

Lyndon Johnson and his Texas oil men used their CIA/military connections to murder John Kennedy for a host of reasons, both personal and ideological. 48 years after the JFK assassination it is time for mainstream academia, journalism and the U.S. government to finally acknowledge the ugly realities of the JFK assassination and the man who more than anyone else was responsible for it: Lyndon Johnson.

48 YEARS OF VERY FINE JFK ASSASSINATION RESEARCH IGNORED BY ROBERT CARO

Historians, including Robert Caro - at the risks of some hoots from the establishment - need to start assimilating into their books and narratives the very fine body of research that now exists on the JFK assassination from authors and researchers such as Phillip Nelson, Walt Brown, Ed Tatro, Joachim Joesten, Craig Zirbel, Noel Twyman, Doug Horne, David Lifton, Joan Mellon, Harry Livingstone, Barr McClellan, Madeleine Duncan Brown, Billie Sol Estes, James Tague, Connie Kritzberg, Thomas Buchanan, Anthony Summers, Vincent Salandria, Martin Schotz, Michael Morrisey, John Newman, Jerry Policoff, Gaeton Fonzi, Dick Russell, Russ Baker, Bruce Campbell Adamson, Wim Dankbaar, Rodney Stich, Judyth Vary Baker, Mark Lane, James Douglass, Casey Quinlan, Fletcher Prouty, Jim Garrison, Larry Hancock, Fabian Escalante, Robert Groden, Charles Crenshaw, Oliver Stone, Ed Haslam, Harry Yardum, Robert Gaylon Ross, Jim Marrs, George Michael Evica, Gary Shaw, Craig Ciccone, James Fetzer, Vince Palamara, William Turner, Penn Jones, William Turner, and John Judge.

Jim DiEugenio needs to be read on JFK's very dovish foreign policy and the possible role of Allen Dulles in helping to orchestrate the JFK assassination.

You can read legendary JFK researcher Bruce Campbell Adamson, Russ Baker, Wim Dankbaar and Paul Kangas on the likely role of CIA George Herbert Walker Bush in the JFK assassination.

"Years later, when he was running for President, George [Herbert Walker Bush] would claim that he never made the call. Documents were then produced that refreshed his memory. He also claimed that he did not remember where he was the day John F. Kennedy was killed- "somewhere in Texas," he said. George Bush is possibly the only person on the planet who did not recall his whereabouts that day ..." [Kitty Kelley, "The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty," pp. 212-213]

Robert Caro's "Passage of Power," because of its treatment of the JFK assassination in such an incredible and dismissive fashion is an epic fail.

Journalists in the major media and networks also need to incorporate the 48 years of very fine research into stories and books about the JFK assassination. Most of the authors above will flat out tell you Lyndon Johnson and/or military intelligence murdered John Kennedy with LBJ and his neighbor of 19 years, J. Edgar Hoover, in charge of the cover up. Allen Dulles was placed on the Warren Commission to manipulate that farce.

I debated whether to Robert Caro's "Passage of Power" a 1-star or a 2-star. I do think this book has some value in adding to the historical record. However, based on the fact that Caro has been studying Lyndon Johnson for 35 years and given the fact that Caro has an obsession with the use of power, especially its dark usages, and that the JFK assassination was the ultimate act of dark power and the ultimate expression of Lyndon Johnson's dark use of power ... and the fact that Robert Caro still wants to clap for the "Emperor Who is Wearing No Clothes," this effort is awarded a well-deserved 1-star.

The one good thing the book does is to underscore just how much the Kennedys and Lyndon Johnson hated each other. I think that will eventually be the hook that pulls folks into understanding the ugly realities of the JFK assassination.

THE KGB HAD CONCLUDED BY SEPT. 1965 THAT LYNDON JOHNSON WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE JFK ASSASSINATION

By September 16, 1965, the Soviet KGB had concluded that Lyndon Johnson was responsible for the JFK assassination. On 12/1/66 J. Edgar Hoover sent a memo to LBJ which stated:

"On September 16, 1965, this same source reported that the KGB Residency in New York City received instructions approximately September 16, 1965, from KGB headquarters in Moscow to develop all possible information concerning President Lyndon B. Johnson's character, background, personal friends, family, and from which quarters he derives his support in his position as President of the United States. Our source added that in the instructions from Moscow, it was indicated that "now" the KGB was in possession of data purporting to indicate President Johnson was responsible for the assassination of the late President John F. Kennedy. KGB headquarters indicated that in view of this information, it was necessary for the Soviet Government to know the existing personal relationship between President Johnson and the Kennedy family, particularly between President Johnson and Robert and "Ted" Kennedy."

Google: "REACTION OF SOVIET AND COMMUNIST PARTY OFFICIALS TO THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY" and you will find this blockbuster Hoover memo to LBJ that the ARRB got released in the late 1990's. The KGB in the early 1960's had the world's largest foreign intelligence service. They had a keen interest in finding out the truth about the JFK assassination because they were almost framed for it. They were quite competent, too, having stolen our atomic secrets in the 1940's.

Again, this is the kind of historical gold that Robert Caro should be making jewelry with, yet he chooses to leave it laying on the ground as he walks over it to pick up a twig; Caro is no doubt fascinated by LBJ passing Kennedy's tax bill (a whopping 28 mentions in the index).

Have you ever seen the movie "Naked Gun" with Leslie Nielsen standing in front of the exploding fireworks factory? The part where Nielsen as Sgt. Frank Drebin is waving his hands to the assembled crowd and saying "Excuse me. All right. Come on - nothing to see here. Please disperse! Nothing to see here. Please!"

That would be Robert Caro and his treatment of Lyndon Johnson's and military intelligence's role in the JFK assassination, also known as the "Passage of Power."

LYNDON JOHNSON ON 12/31/63 TOLD MADELEINE BROWN THAT TEXAS OIL MEN AND THE CIA WERE BEHIND THE JFK ASSASSINATION

Posted on May 4, 2012 1:04:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 2:04:04 PM PDT
LYNDON JOHNSON ON 12/31/63 TOLD MADELEINE BROWN THAT TEXAS OIL MEN AND THE CIA WERE BEHIND THE JFK ASSASSINATION

In the early 1980's, a key mistress of Lyndon Johnson, Madeleine Duncan Brown, came public with some information that I think is the key to understanding Lyndon Johnson's Passage of Power. Madeleine was very close to LBJ and even had a son Steven Mark with LBJ in 1950. Here is what Madeleine said in her book Texas in the Morning and what she told anyone who would listen for 20 years:

In the night of 12/31/63, just 6 weeks after the JFK assassination, Madeleine asked Lyndon Johnson:

"Lyndon, you know that a lot of people believe you had something to do with President Kennedy's assassination."
He shot up out of bed and began pacing and waving his arms screaming like a madman. I was scared!
"That's bull___, Madeleine Brown!" he yelled. "Don't tell me you believe that ____!"
"Of course not." I answered meekly, trying to cool his temper.
"It was Texas oil and those ______ renegade intelligence bastards in Washington." [Brown; Texas in the Morning, p. 189]

Madeleine says that Johnson told her this at the Driskill Hotel on New Year's Eve 12/31/63. LBJ is confirmed by his schedule and contemporary accounts as being at the Driskill Hotel that night. LBJ kept a room there on retainer for his trysts. It is still there today, room #254 known as the Blue Room or the Presidential room, and you can rent it today in year 2012 for $600 to $1,000 per night depending on the season.
Robert Caro had 20 years to have a sit down interview with Madeleine Brown and he never did. Dozens of JFK researchers have had hundreds of talks and interviews with Madeleine Brown before she died in 2002.

Robert Caro: zero interviews of Madeleine Brown. I think that tells us mountains about Robert Caro's scholarship or lack thereof. It simply inexcusable for a historian of his caliber to just ignore someone who gives us information that is key to understanding the JFK assassination.

Robert Caro: zero interviews of Billie Sol Estes, Barr McClellan, Dr. Charles Crenshaw, Fletcher Prouty, Jim Garrison, name 100 other important figures in JFK assassination research. It is hard to learn history when you close your eyes, twiddle your thumbs in your ears and chant like a child " Na-na-na-na I can't hear you! Na-na-na-na-na I can't hear you!"

Lyndon Johnson's signature achievement - the civil rights act - was his "get out of jail card" for the JFK assassination. Many liberals justifiably believed that LBJ was behind the murder of JFK, so he had to give them something. Civil rights was LBJ's bone to the liberals who deeply distrusted him. The real agenda of LBJ was to keep himself out of jail and free himself from the Bobby Baker scandal, preserve the oil depreciation allowance for other oil executive perps in the JFK assassination, reward hawks in CIA/military and let his good buddy and neighbor of 19 years J. Edgar Hoover keep his job.

"SOMETIMES I THINK THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO KENNEDY MAY HAVE BEEN DIVINE RETRIBUTION." - LYNDON JOHNSON

Gus Russo:

"In his oral history, Robert Kennedy bitterly recounted a remark that Johnson supposedly made to someone else after the assassination. "When I was young in Texas, I used to know a cross-eyed boy," Johnson said. "His eyes were crossed, and so was his character... That was God's retribution for people who were bad - and you should be careful of cross-eyed people because God put his mark on them ... Sometimes I think that what happened to Kennedy may have been divine retribution." JFK himself had slightly crossed eyes.

[Leo Janos, LBJ speechwriter, Church Committee interview by Rhett Dawson, Oct. 14, 1975 ... also Gus Russo, Live by the Sword, p. 377]

I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THERE WAS A LOT OF TRUTH IN THIS PASSAGE:

From Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, 3rd edition 1998 p. 638-639]:

"The Role of deep-cover CIA officer, Trenton Parker, has been described in earlier pages, and his function in the CIA's counter-intelligence unit, Pegasus. Parker had stated to me earlier that a CIA faction was responsible for the murder of JFK ... During an August 21, 1993, conversation, in response to my questions, Parker said that his Pegasus group had tape recordings of plans to assassinate Kennedy. I asked him, "What group were these tapes identifying?" Parker replied: "Rockefeller, Allen Dulles, Johnson of Texas, George Bush, and J. Edgar Hoover." I asked, "What was the nature of the conversation on these tapes?"

I don't have the tapes now, because all the tape recordings were turned over to [Congressman] Larry McDonald. But I listened to the tape recordings and there were conversations between Rockefeller, [J. Edgar] Hoover, where [Nelson] Rockefeller asks, "Are we going to have any problems?" And he said, "No, we aren't going to have any problems. I checked with Dulles. If they do their job we'll do our job." There are a whole bunch of tapes, because Hoover didn't realize that his phone has been tapped. Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, 3rd edition p. 638-639]

I don't think Robert Caro knows who the legendary Rodney Stich is or who Trenton Parker (still alive, probably in Colorado) is. So much for Caro's omniscient research; the man is completely unaware of cutting edge JFK research.

LYNDON JOHNSON TO DR. CHARLES CRENSHAW ON 11/24/63:
"I want a death-bed confession from the accused assassin. There's a man in the operating room who will take a statement. I will expect full cooperation in this matter."
Note: Johnson was not asking to find out *who* sent Oswald or if there were *others,* if it was a conspiracy. Use your thinking cap to figure out why.

THE KENNEDYS WERE ON THE VERGE ON POLITICALLY EXECUTING LYNDON JOHNSON ON 11/22/63

James Wagenvoord to John Simkin (in November, 2009):

"I've been reading through you web site and believe that I can add one of the final jigsaw puzzle pieces that affect the timing of JFK's Dallas trip and the nervousness of LBJ during the weeks preceding the killing. At the time I was the 27 year old Editorial business manager and assistant to Life Magazines Executive Editor. Beginning in later summer 1963 the magazine, based upon information fed from Bobby Kennedy and the Justice Department, had been developing a major newsbreak piece concerning Johnson and Bobby Baker. On publication Johnson would have been finished and off the '64 ticket (reason the material was fed to us) and would probably have been facing prison time. At the time LIFE magazine was arguably the most important general news source in the US. The top management of Time Inc. was closely allied with the USA's various intelligence agencies and we were used after by the Kennedy Justice Department as a conduit to the public. Life's coverage of the Hoffa prosecution, and involvement in paying off Justice Department Memphis witnesses was a case in point.

The LBJ/Baker piece was in the final editing stages and was scheduled to break in the issue of the magazine due out the week of November 24 (the magazine would have made it to the newsstands on Nov.26th or 27th). It had been prepared in relative secrecy by a small special editorial team. On Kennedy's death research files and all numbered copies of the nearly print-ready draft were gathered up by my boss (he had been the top editor on the team) and shredded. The issue that was to expose LBJ instead featured the Zapruder film. Based upon our success in syndicating the Zapruder film I became Chief of Time/LIFE editorial services and remained in that job until 1968."

PHIL BRENNAN ON RFK'S EFFORTS TO USE THE MEDIA TO GET RID OF LYNDON JOHNSON:

Google: "Some Relevant Facts about the JFK Assassination"
"For the most part, the Washington press corps kept the lid on the story - until the late Bob Humphrey, then the GOP Senate leadership's spokesman, an incredibly gifted strategist and a mentor, asked me to tell the story to the late Delaware Republican Sen. John Williams, a crusader for good government and a crackerjack of an investigator.
Sen. Williams asked me to introduce him to Hill and I did. They got together with some Senate investigators for the GOP minority and Hill told them the whole story, including the part played by Vice President Johnson. Williams got his committee to launch an investigation and the lid came off.

A few days later, the attorney general, Bobby Kennedy, called five of Washington's top reporters into his office and told them it was now open season on Lyndon Johnson. It's OK, he told them, to go after the story they were ignoring out of deference to the administration.
And from that point on until the events in Dallas, Lyndon Baines Johnson's future looked as if it included a sudden end to his political career and a few years in the slammer. The Kennedys had their knives out and sharpened for him and were determined to draw his political blood - all of it.

In the Senate, the investigation into the Baker case was moving quickly ahead. Even the Democrats were cooperating, thanks to the Kennedys, and an awful lot of really bad stuff was being revealed - until Nov. 22, 1963.
By Nov. 23, all Democrat cooperation suddenly stopped. Lyndon would serve a term and a half in the White House instead of the slammer, the Baker investigation would peter out and Bobby Baker would serve a short sentence and go free. Dallas accomplished all of that. "

CIA AND AIR FORCE GENERAL ED LANSDALE IDENTIFIED AT DEALEY PLAZA.

This is yet another golden nugget of JFK research missed by Caro. Ed Lansdale was the CIA's expert of coups, assassinations and propaganda. He was identified as at Texas School Book Depository by his peers Col. Fletcher Prouty and Gen. Victor Krulak. Google " Krulak Letter: Dealey Plaza Photos and Lansdale Identity"

A whole book could be written on this; does not make the index of Caro. It is just really sad Robert Caro is blithely unaware of all this stuff.

ANTONIO VECIANA IDENTIFIES HIS CIA CONTACT "MAURICE BISHOP" AKA FORT WORTH'S CIA DAVID ATLEE PHILLIPS WITH LEE HARVEY OSWALD

By now the reader is asking, is this a review about Lyndon Johnson or the JFK assassination? That is the whole point, you can not credibly discuss Lyndon Johnson unless you go deep into the JFK assassination, military intelligence and the sub rosa battles that the Kennedys were having with Lyndon Johnson, the CIA, J. Edgar Hoover and elements of the JCS for 3 and 1/2 years.

Antonio Veciana, David Atlee Phillips - not in Caro's book. George DeMohrenschildt (Oswald's best friend and CIA connected) - yet another critical name familiar to JFK research no where to be found in Caro's 712 pages. DeMohrenschidt knew both GHW Bush and Lyndon Johnson. See the work of Bruce Campbell Adamson for that.

LYNDON JOHNSON MADE MADELEINE'S NANNY DISAPPEAR FOREVER - LBJ WOULD HAVE HAD HER KILLED OR "DISAPPEARED" AND NOT THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT IT

"Dale Turner, our mate... came up missing and I've never found her since," says Madeleine of the woman who was basically the nanny to her two children and had been with Steven since he was born. She says LBJ spotted Dalel observing the two of them together at a hotel in San Antonio and it upset him. "He covered his tracks very well," says Madeleine. "He didn't want anyone to know about our relationship, so after Dale saw him he told me that I would have to tell her goodbye. I said 'I can't do that, she's been with us ten years!' And he said, 'I said you'll have to tell her goodbye.' After we were returned to Dallas she called me at work and told me that she had some very important business, and I said, 'That's fine Dale, go take care of it, just take the boys to my mother's, [who] we lived close to.' I said, 'Take all the time you want.' She lived in with us and that was very convenient... Dale never did return. We had the "color law" in Texas in those years. If you did report a [missing] black, they could care less. It's very sad and tragic, but it did happen... Through the years I have tried to find her or find out what happened." She heard 'Mac Wallace' took care of her implying LBJ's orders caused the murder of the woman who had been the nanny of the President's son.

LYNDON JOHNSON USED SEXUAL BLACKMAIL, INTIMIDATION AND STRONGARM TACTICS TO GET ON THE 1960 DEMOCRATIC TICKET

Evelyn Lincoln as told to Anthony Summers:
"During the 1960 campaign, according to Mrs. Lincoln, Kennedy discovered how vulnerable his womanizing had made him. Sexual blackmail, she said, had long been part of Lyndon Johnson's modus operandi-abetted by Edgar. "J. Edgar Hoover," Lincoln said, "gave Johnson the information about various congressmen and senators so that Johnson could go to X senator and say, `How about this little deal you have with this woman?' and so forth. That's how he kept them in line. He used his IOUs with them as what he hoped was his road to the presidency. He had this trivia to use, because he had Hoover in his corner. And he thought that the members of Congress would go out there and put him over at the Convention. But then Kennedy beat him at the Convention. And well, after that Hoover and Johnson and their group were able to push Johnson on Kennedy."LBJ," said Lincoln, "had been using all the information Hoover could find on Kennedy-during the campaign, even before the Convention. And Hoover was in on the pressure on Kennedy at the Convention." (Anthony Summers, Official and Confidential, p. 272).

MORE ON HOW LYNDON JOHNSON AND SAM RAYBURN MADE A HOSTILE TAKE-OVER OF THE VICE-PRESIDENCY ON THE NIGHT OF JULY 13, 1960

Read the Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour Hersh, p.124-129:
Close JFK friend Hy Raskin: "Johnson was not being given the slightest bit of consideration by any of the Kennedys... On the stuff I saw it was always Symington who was going to be the vice president. The Kennedy family had approved Symington." [Hersh, p. 124]

John Kennedy to Clark Clifford on July 13, 1960: "We've talked it out - me, dad, Bobby - and we've selected Symington as the vice president." Kennedy asked Clark Clifford to relay that message to Symington "and find out if he'd run." ..."I and Stuart went to bed believing that we had a solid, unequivocal deal with Jack." [Hersh, p.125]

Hy Raskin: "It was obvious to them that something extraordinary had taken place, as it was to me," Raskin wrote. "During my entire association with the Kennedys, I could not recall any situation where a decision of major significance had been reversed in such a short period of time.... Bob [Kennedy] had always been involved in every major decision; why not this one, I pondered... I slept little that night." [Hersh, p. 125]

John Kennedy to Clark Clifford in the morning of July 14, 1960: "I must do something that I have never done before. I made a serious deal and now I have to go back on it. I have no alternative." Symington was out and Johnson was in. Clifford recalled observing that Kennedy looked as if he'd been up all night." [Hersh, p. 126]

John Kennedy to Hy Raskin: "You know we had never considered Lyndon, but I was left with no choice. He and Sam Rayburn made it damn clear to me that Lyndon had to be the candidate. Those bastards were trying to frame me. They threatened me with problems and I don't need more problems. I'm going to have enough problems with Nixon." [Hersh, p. 126]

Raskin "The substance of this revelation was so astonishing that if it had been revealed to me by another other than Jack or Bob, I would have had trouble accepting it. Why he decided to tell me was still very mysterious, but flattering nonetheless." [Hersh,...

Posted on May 5, 2012 8:55:55 PM PDT
ROBERT CARO ON LYNDON JOHNSON:

"And by 1941, also the major patterns of his entire life are established and clear. In attaining this influence, he has displayed a genius for discerning a path to power, an utter ruthlessness in destroying obstacles in that path, and a seemingly bottomless capacity for deceit, deception and betrayal in moving along it"

My question: yet Lyndon Johnson is an innocent babe in the JFK assassination? Do you really think Lyndon Johnson was going to sit around twiddling his thumbs while the Kennedy brothers are on the verge of politically executing and personally destroying him?

JACK VALENTI - SUCH A SYCOPHANT THAT HE LET HIS "WIFE" SLEEP WITH LYNDON JOHNSON. LATER VALENTI ORGANIZED CIA/CFR OPPOSITION TO THE MOVIE "JFK" AND "THE MEN WHO KILLED KENNEDY: THE GUILTY MEN."

Jack Valenti - if there ever was the human embodiment of the word "sycophant" it would be Jack Valenti. Brown noser, butt kisser, slave - Valenti was exactly the kind of guy who Lyndon Johnson demanded serve him. Valenti was such a toady that he married LBJ's secretary who Johnson was having an affair with, Mary Margaret Wiley, and pretty much was a "beard" so that the LBJ-Mary Margaret affair could continue. LBJ insiders will tell you that Courtenay Lynda Valenti is the biological daughter of Johnson. After LBJ became president, Jack Valenti would let his "wife" go into the White House to have sex with Johnson.

Read the book "Dog Days at the White House" by Traphes Bryant for more on this.

LBJ and Lew Wasserman, an LBJ donor, later placed Jack Valenti as head of the Motion Picture Association where one of his key roles was to continue the cover up of the JFK assassination. Valenti was one of the lead organizers in 1992 of the over-the-top CIA/CFR attacks on the Oliver Stone's movie JFK. Valenti and Bill Moyers, another LBJ toady who sold his preacher boy soul to the devil, also orchestrated the attacks the removed the groundbreaking "The Men Who Killed Kennedy: the Guilty Men" from the History Channel. That series was a direct assault on the legacy of Lyndon Johnson and exposed his critical role in the JFK assassination. You can still find it on YouTube.

YOU HAVE *GOT* TO READ A SALLY QUINN WASH-POST ARTICLE TITLED "A TALE OF HEARTS AND MINDS" DATED 8/24/75 ABOUT DORIS KEARNS

Another one of LBJ's sychopants was is Doris Kearns (Goodwin), an LBJ flirtation as well as biographer. Her husband Richard Goodwin is on the record as to how scarily mentally unhinged LBJ was a president as he collapsed under the weight of Vietnam and covering up for his role in the JFK assassination. Doris Kearns, presidential historian, is yet another one who has never told the full truth on LBJ.

Maybe it was because she was sleeping with him. You have *got* to read a Sally Quinn WashPost article titled "A Tale of Hearts and Minds" dated 8/24/75.

Sally Quinn:

"Doris Kearns also told authors Richard Harwood and Haynes Johnson about her relationship with LBJ in an interview that Sally Quinn refers to:

"They both took copious notes. In the interview Kearns told the reporters that her relationship with President Johnson was extraordinarily complicated, that she was still having trouble placing it in perspective, that she was troubled about how to handle her personal relationship with Johnson when she published her own book.

She told them that the essence of their relationship was that LBJ was in love with her, the he "pressed me very hard sexually the first year," that he courted her aggressively, the he asked her to marry him, that he was jealous of other men in her life.""

LBJ (age 59) was asking Doris Kearns (age 24) to marry him. My question: what was Lady Bird going to do?

Throw rice at the wedding?

BILL CLINTON ASKED WEBB HUBBELL IN 1993 TO FIND OUT WHO KILLED JFK AND ARE THERE UFO'S?

This is the same Bill Clinton who favorably review "Passage of Power" for the NYT.

Webb Hubbell: "Of my many regrets at that moment, I remember thinking that I hadn't accomplished something the President had asked me to do when I [he means Clinton] was first elected. "Webb," he had said, "if I put you at Justice, I want you to find two answers for me. One, Who killed JFK? And two, Are there UFO's?" He was dead serious. I had looked into both, but wasn't satisfied with the answers I was getting."

[Webb Hubbell, "Friends in High Places," p. 282]

Bobby Baker - that was LBJ's virtual son as LBJ had been a professional son to Sam Rayburn and Richard Russell. Robert Kennedy was going to use the Bobby Baker scandal in the fall of the 1963 to finally politically execute the hated Lyndon Johnson once and for all.

For 3 years the Kennedy brothers were waging a sub rosa war. The Kennedys brought knives the the battle; LBJ brought guns an it was settled at 12:30PM on 11/22/63 in Dallas, TX.

McGeorge Bundy - he was the National Security Advisor to JFK who was manning the White House situation room on 11/22/63. McBundy unreasonably and suspiciously adopted the "lone nutter scenario" with in hours when much of the evidence was point to multiple shooters in Dallas. Bundy was also close to Allen Dulles and he was the secretary of the CFR in 1949 when Allen Dulles was the president. McGeorge Bundy assumed a lot of power over Lyndon Johnson post JFK assassination.

His brother Bill Bundy, also CIA and CFR, was the one who authored the "Gulf of Tonkin Resolution." That allowed LBJ to wage and unconstitutional, undeclared "hot war" without Congress actually declaring war. LBJ and his staff knew there were serious questions about the attack on the American ships, but it was the provocation they wanted to wage war. A lot of Americans and Vietnamese died because of that. Kennedy was loathe to go into Vietnam.

LBJ TELLS THE JOINT CHIEFS AT CHRISTMAS, 1963 - GET ME ELECTED AND I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR WAR IN VIETNAM

"Just let me get elected, and then you can have your war." [Stanley Karnow's Vietnam: A History, Viking, 1983, p. 326] Stanley Karnow's source for that LBJ quote was Gen. Harold K. Johnson, the Army chief of staff.

Lyndon Johnson was capable of absolutely *anything.* Read the book Power Beyond Reason: The Mental Collapse of Lyndon Johnson by D. Jablow Hershman. I consider it a psychological smoking gun to the JFK assassination.

CARO - NO MENTION OF INFAMOUS KATZENBACH MEMO OF 11/24/63

Nicholas Katzenbach - CFR member - that was the man who wrote the memo on Sunday 11/24/63 that the government must doing everything it can to make the American people believe that Lee Harvey Oswald, and only Lee Harvey Oswald, murdered JFK. Apparently, Robert Caro does not think there is room in a 712 book for this critical memo.

Katzenbach:

"The public must be satisfied that Oswald was the assassin; that he did not have confederates who are still at large; and that the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial."

"Speculation about Oswald's motivation ought to be cut off, and we should have some basis for rebutting thought that this was a Communist conspiracy or (as the Iron Curtain press is saying) a right-wing conspiracy to blame it on the Communists... We need something to head off public speculation or Congressional hearings of the wrong sort."

Oswald was US intelligence and he shot no one on 11/22/63 -not Kennedy and not Tippit. And Oswald sure was not on the Grassy Knoll where most credible JFK researchers and academics think the kill shot to JFK came from.

GEORGE REEDY - THIS MAN HAS GIVEN US A GLIMPSES INTO WHAT THE "REAL LBJ" WAS LIKE

"He may have been a son of a bitch, but he was a colossal son of a bitch."

"Not only did Johnson get somewhat separated from reality, he had a fantastic faculty for disorienting everybody around him as to what reality was."

"What was it that would send him into those fantastic rages where he could be one of the nastiest, most insufferable, sadistic SOBs that ever lived and a few minutes later really be a big, magnificent and inspiring leader?"

In his book, Lyndon B. Johnson: A Memoir by George Reedy... Reedy is quoted on his book flap as calling LBJ "a bully, a sadist, lout, and egoist." He describes LBJ as "magnificent, inspiring leader; the other that of an insufferable bastard."

"We can't be checking up on every shooting scrape in the country" Lyndon Johnson, on 11/25/63 as LBJ was resisting the formation of the Warren Commission.

LBJ ON 11/22/63 WAS MORE CONCERNED ABOUT SELLING HIS HALLIBURTON STOCK THAN AN INTERNATIONAL CONSPIRACY

(Halliburton had bought out Brown & Root in 1962.)

[From Family of Secrets by Russ Baker, p. 132]

"Pat Holloway, former attorney to both Poppy Bush and Jack Crichton, recounted to me an incident involving LBJ that had greatly disturbed him. This was around 1PM on November 22, 1963, just as Kennedy was being pronounced dead. Holloway was heading home from the office and was passing through the reception area. The switchboard operator excitedly noted that she was patching the vice president through from Parkland Hospital to Holloway's boss, firm senior partner Waddy Bullion, who was LBJ's personal tax lawyer. The operator invited Holloway to listen in. LBJ was talking "not about a conspiracy or a tragedy," Holloway recalled. "I heard him say: `Oh I gotta get rid of my god___n Halliburton stock.' Lyndon Johnson was talking about the consequences of his political problems with his Halliburton stock at a time when the president had been officially declared dead. And that pissed me off... It really made me furious."

JIM GARRISON ON LYNDON JOHNSON, DECEMBER, 1967:

"President Johnson is currently the most active person in the country protecting the assassins of John Kennedy." (12/26/67) We now know that LBJ, the FBI and the CIA (the perps) were sabotaging Garrison's investigation. "Why? Because of power - because if people knew the facts about the assassination they would not tolerate the people in power today. Keep in mind who profits most. Who appointed the Warren Commission? Who runs the FBI? Who runs the CIA? The President of the United States." - Jim Garrison (12/26/67)

Jim Garrison also said, "President Johnson is currently the most active person in the country in protecting the assassins of John Kennedy."

"President Johnson must have known by the time of the arrest that Oswald did not pull the trigger."

SO WHAT DID THE KENNEDYS THINK OF LYNDON JOHNSON?

From Phillip Nelson, author of LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination

"JFK once said "that Lyndon was a chronic liar; that he had been making all sorts of assurances to me for years and has lived up to none of them." Robert Kennedy's description of Johnson, which can be heard on the referenced Web site, was that he was "mean, bitter, vicious, an animal, in many ways; I think he's got this other side to him that makes his relationships with other human beings very difficult, unless you want to kiss his behind all the time."

"Bobby later complained that Johnson `lies all the time. I'm telling you, he just lies continuously, about everything. In every conversation I have with him, he lies. As I've said, he lies even when he doesn't have to.'" JFK agreed on this point, telling Jackie on the evening of November 21, 1963 that Lyndon Johnson was "incapable of telling the truth."196 Similar statements had been made by people who knew him when he was younger: classmates who routinely called him "Bull" (for "Bull___") Johnson because he lied so much that he was considered "the biggest liar on campus;" but beyond that, there was no difference to him in truth or falsehood, the facts were whatever he deemed them to be; he was, in one classmate's words, "a man who just could not tell the truth."197 Most men would be embarrassed to be caught in a lie, but not Johnson: men who knew him in Texas agreed that even when caught in a lie, he wouldn't flinch; he would resume lying again about the same thing, almost immediately.198 Caro points out that this was not just a nickname used behind his back; it was used by other students to his face: "Howya doin', Bull?"

LBJ HAD NO PHOTOS OF JOHN KENNEDY IN HIS HOME AT THE LBJ RANCH

"After Johnson died, Secret Service agents guarding Lady Bird were amazed to find that even though their home was crammed with photos of Johnson with famous people, not one photo pictured him with JFK." [Ronald Kessler, "In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the line of Fire and the Presidents they Protect, p. 21]

Lyndon Johnson 11/21/63 to Madeleine Brown:

"After tomorrow those god___n Kennedys will never embarrass me again- that's no threat- that is a promise!" [Texas in the Morning, p. 166]

Lyndon Johnson on the morning of 11/22/63 to Madeleine Brown:

"That son-of-a-bitch crazy Yarborough and that g__dd__m f____g Irish mafia bastard Kennedy, will never embarrass me again!" [Texas in the Morning, p. 167]
Lyndon Johnson told aide Marvin Watson that the CIA killed JFK

From "Robert Kennedy and His Times" by Arthur Schlesinger (1978):

"In 1967 Marvin Watson of Lyndon Johnson's White House staff told Cartha DeLoach of the FBI that Johnson "was now convinced there was a plot in connection with the assassination. Watson stated the President felt that CIA had had something to do with this plot." (Washington Post, December 13, 1977)

Lyndon Johnson to Clare Luce Booth:

"Clare Booth Luce, admittedly no friend of LBJ, rode on the bus to the inaugural ball with him after the election. She pressed him to tell her why, after a year and a half of denials, he had agreed to accept second place on the ticket. `And he leaned close and said,' Luce recalled, `Clare, I looked it up; one out of every four presidents has died in office. I'm a gamblin' man, darlin', and this is the only chance I got.'"
Lyndon Johnson:

"Behind every success there is a crime," LBJ to his mistress Madeleine Duncan Brown.

"If Lyndon B. Johnson has any brains left, he'll blow them out before the law gets to him. That way he could at least escape the pinnacle of infamy and save his country from foundering in an abyss of national shame." [Joachim Joesten, The Dark Side of Lyndon Johnson, p. 268]

Joseph Califano (top LBJ aide): "He (Johnson) used to say that - that he thought in time, when all the activities of the CIA were flushed out and when - then- then maybe the whole story of the Kennedy assassination would be known."
--- "The American Assassins", CBS Reports Inquiry, November 26, 1975

Cartha DeLoach (top FBI official): "The President of the United States, following the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, became somewhat obsessed with the fact that he himself might be assassinated."

LBJ's comments were diversionary tactics designed to camoflaged his own participation in the JFK assassination. LBJ later commented to Janos in an interview that he NEVER believed in the lone nutter theory. In the early hours of the assassination, Johnson told 3 or 4 parties that there was an "international conspiracy" or just a "conspiracy." It is obvious that LBJ was overselling and hamming it up. He told Malcolm Kildoff there was a conspiracy; ditto a Dallas policeman at Parkland; ditto Gen. Godfrey McHugh who found LBJ so hysterical muttering about a "conspiracy" that McHugh had to *slap* LBJ in the bathroom of Air Force One (or just outside of it) (source Christopher Anderson).

Posted on May 15, 2012 10:08:16 PM PDT
Voltaire says:
Damn, Robert P. You copy and paste... I COPY AND PASTE!

Here's some more of Morrow's work for your enjoyment! And don't forget to ask him about how the Zionists tried to murder Harry Truman.

A copy and paste job (à la Robert P. Morrow) from a poster annoyed by Morrow's 1000s of postings. My apologies to the original poster despite the fact he or she doesn't appear to like Hillary Clinton and I am a major fan! Shall I start this hômage to Robert P. "to get you up to speed... on Robert P. Morrow.." It's comforting to know Morrow succeeded in replacing his Hillary Clinton fixation with a JFK assassination fixation.

Enjoy!

"I just saw that Morrow had SVA's quoted text of the article deleted by Amazon, somehow. For the record, here it is again. I really can't stand Hillary either, but this guy is off his rocker:

From the S.t Petersburg Times, 2/29/08:

AUSTIN, Texas - Robert Morrow is on a roll, talking loud enough to draw wary glances from two women lunching nearby at Macaroni Grill.

"Chelsea is the seed of Web Hubbell and not Bill Clinton. Would I bet my life on it? No. I would bet my pickup truck," he declares between bites of salmon. "Hillary Clinton was sleeping with both of her law partners, Webb Hubbell and Vince Foster. And she's a lesbian, too."

Morrow, a perpetually indignant, single 43-year-old, pretty much devotes his life to hating the Clintons and spreading wild, unsubstantiated allegations about them. There are untold numbers of Robert Morrows in America, people obsessed with Clinton hatred and Clinton conspiracy theories the way other Americans might be consumed with Star Trek, Beanie Babies or the Florida Gators.

But soon it could be time to find another purpose in life besides worrying about a Clinton in the White House. If Clinton fares poorly in the must-win states of Texas and Ohio on Tuesday, Robert Morrow and others will be looking for a new hobby.

"I've got other aspects of my life when I'm not, you know, stopping Clinton pond scum," insists Morrow, who has no steady job but enjoys a family inheritance. "Um, I like to work out at the gym. I like to go hiking. I like to ride my bicycle."

- - -

Dubious charges and conspiracy theories are nothing new in politics, but they've reached remarkable levels with Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton. As if Monica Lewinsky, Gennifer Flowers and Paula Corbin Jones didn't offer enough salacious fodder, a few clicks on the Internet reveal allegations that Bill Clinton was a chronic bribe-taker, drug smuggler, rapist - and is connected to 50 or more murders.

But Morrow doesn't want to come off looking as reckless as those who say the Clintons have been involved in dozens of killings; he suspects they were only involved with maybe 5 percent of those alleged murders.

Lack of proof means nothing to Morrow. He contends independent prosecutor Ken Starr was either too timid or too incompetent and should have found more on President Clinton after three years investigating.

"Just because O.J. Simpson wasn't convicted of murder, doesn't mean he didn't murder Nicole Brown or Ron Goldman."

Strapping, 6-foot-4 and with an Alabama drawl, Morrow lives in a suburban Austin home with a lot of Ron Paul campaign material, a prominently displayed Hooters calendar and an 8-foot tall shelf packed with Clinton books. In many, he has meticulously underlined passages he deems important and jotted margin notes and stars.

"I have every book that's ever been written. I know more than almost all the biographers," boasts Morrow, who is especially fond of the subtly titled Why the Clintons Belong in Prison.

- - -

The supply of anti-Clinton material accessible to those interested is at least as vast as the right-wing conspiracy Sen. Clinton once described.

In 1994, televangelist Jerry Falwell distributed thousands of copies of the notorious and widely debunked Clinton Chronicles video, charting myriad alleged misdeeds by the Clintons. Avid Clinton haters invoke numerous martyrs, assorted figures in Arkansas who have leveled unsubstantiated charges of criminality by the Clintons.

Morrow started his anti-Clinton crusade about three years ago, when he decided he needed to devote himself to making sure Hillary Clinton never wins the White House. He can't pinpoint what set him on this path beyond his conviction that the Clintons are ruthless "sociopaths that need to be crushed and defeated."

With no job except occasional day trading of stocks, Morrow spends anywhere from one to 10 hours a day researching Clinton dirt or e-mailing and phoning reporters across the country about his conclusions.

Morrow says the Secret Service came to see him last year after he delivered a dossier of accusations against the Clintons to members of Congress, but nothing came of it.

And yes, Morrow thinks he has made a difference. Every time a news report alludes to Clinton being a polarizing figure, Morrow figures his mass e-mails played a part.

Who knows, maybe he did. The folks who swallow stories fed by Morrow and other anti-Clinton zealots aren't exactly swing voters. Still, the existence of such widespread vitriol has some sway.

"I really, really like Hillary, but my concern is about these people that hate her so much," said Bertha Cruz-Gaede, a social worker in Austin torn between Barack Obama and Clinton. "I can't even understand why there is such hatred, but my concern is that she might polarize our country."

For South Carolina's January primary, Morrow funded thousands of recorded calls to voters attacking Clinton. He used his voice on the message, which among other things, accused Clinton allies of trying to silence former White House aide Katherine Willey, who said President Clinton groped her. He said: "They nail-gunned her car tires and stole or killed her pet cat named Bull's-eye. Hillary thinks cats are expendable. Can you trust her?"

Posted on May 15, 2012 10:34:14 PM PDT
I am a well known anti-Clinton activist. Here is my blog on the Clintons: http://1984arkansasmotheroftheyear.blogspot.com/

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 2:55:12 PM PDT
Why is there nothing in the book about the 1947 crash of an extraterrestrial spacecraft at Roswell, New Mexico; or the debris and alien bodies from the crash locked in a storage hanger at Area 51? Surely LBJ was briefed about all of this upon becoming President!

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 8:41:55 PM PDT
Some nuggets on Lyndon Johnson:

Arthur Schlesinger from his Journals

1952-2000

January 6 1963

The New Year opened quietly, with the President [JFK] still in Florida. On Friday, January 4, I went to the National Archives for the opening of an exhibition celebrating the centennial of the Emancipation Proclamation. Bobby gave the speech - it was derived from a speech I had written for the President for use on January 1 by television from Palm Beach, but which the President had decided not to use on the grounds that a segregated city was hardly the best place from which to make an emancipation speech. It was a good speech; and, at the end, Joe Rauh passed me a note saying, "Poor Lyndon." I asked Joe what he meant. He said, "Lyndon must know he is through. Bobby is going to be the next President."

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 185]

October 13 1963

Frank Wisner and Mac Herter went into a long bit about how terrible it was for Jackie Kennedy to go off on the Onassis yacht. Wisner said that "everyone" in Europe knew that Lee Radziwill was having an affair with Onassis, and that Jackie was along as cover. The gossip of the idle rich is exceedingly boring.

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 201]

March 25 1964

"There is nothing more dangerous, so far as I can see, than being accepted by Johnson as one of his own. I think he has been meticulously polite to those in the White House whom he regards as Kennedy men. But, when he starts regarding them as Johnson men, their day is over. He begins to treat them as Johnson men, which means like servants. This is what is happening to Pierre Salinger. Of all the Kennedy people, he seemed to make the transition most easily - which meant that LBJ began shouting at him, ordering him around and humiliating him just as if he were Jenkins or Valenti. Teddy White told me a terrible story in which Johnson made Salinger eat a plate of bean soup at a White House luncheon out of pure delight in the exercise of authority. As soon as people become Johnson men, he seems to stop listening to them and to use them only as instruments of his own desires."

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 225]

"June 16 1964

I went to New York on Tuesday night for a dinner in honor of Jackie to thank contributors to the Library. Afterward we went to the Smiths'. I had a long talk with JBK. She started to tell me about the trip back from Dallas and the effort made to get her to change her dress when Jim Fosburgh came up and we had a change of subject. A few nights ago (June 5) at the French Embassy, Godfrey McHugh gave me a long account of that ghastly afternoon. Godfrey told me that they did not know the Johnsons were on Air Force One. He and Kenny kept asking the pilot to take off, and were told that the plane had to wait for Mrs. Johnson's luggage - a mysterious excuse, since none of them knew that the Johnson's were already occupying the presidential apartments in the back of the plane. Godfrey also said that LBJ was in a panic at the hospital, convinced that there was a conspiracy and that he would be the next to go. Godfrey also gave me a horrendous account of his visit to the LBJ Ranch before the [Ludwig] Erhand visit in December - Johnson's crudeness, discourtesy, drunkenness, etc."

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 227-228]

July 23 1964

Bobby seemed philosophical about the vice presidency. His thoughts are still turning to the idea of spending a year at Oxford reading and writing.

We talked a good deal about his relationshp to LBJ. Obviously Johnson's actions in the first 24 hours after JFK's death left wounds which will take a long time to heal. Bobby commented that Sarge Shriver had taken it on himself to harmonize the situation then and had only made it worse. Bobby said, "I told Sarge that if I wanted him to intervene I was capable of asking him to do so." His references to Sarge were fairly cool, and he seemed scornful of the notion that Sarge might be a serious possibility for the vice presidency.

After a silence Bobby said, "You know the worst thing Johnson has said? ... Once he told Pierre Salinger, 'When I was young in Texas, I used to know a cross-eyed boy. His eyes were crossed, and so was his character. Sometimes I think that, when you remember the assassination of Trujillo and the assassination of Diem, what happened to Kennedy may have been divine retribution.'"

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 227-228]

[My note: John Kennedy had a lazy eye and was a bit cross eyed.]

October 30 1966

"[RFK] talked a bit about campaigning with Johnson. He said that, after a day together in New York, he said to Johnson back at the hotel, "Did you enjoy the day?" Johnson looked at him earnestly and said "Of all the things in life, this is what I most enjoy doing." Bobby said it to us incredulously" "Imagine saying that, of all the things in life, this is what you like the most."

At Clark's we talked about the [William] Manchester book [The Death of a President], and this led on to a discussion of the autopsy photographs and then of the Warren Report. RFK wondered how long he could continue to avoid comment on the report. It is evident that he believes it was a poor job and will not endorse it, but that he is unwilling to criticize it and thereby reopen the whole tragic business."

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 254]

December 10 1967

Dick [Goodwin] suggested that LBJ, if reelected, would use all his wiles and powers to prevent RFK's nomination. (Bobby interjected, "He would die and make Hubert President rather than let me get it.") Ted felt that he would try this, but his capacity to do damage would be limited."

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 268]

March 13 1968

"I went to dinner [Tuesday] at Ham Armstrong's - the Anthony Edens, Jack McCloys, Bill and Judith Moyesr, Nin Ryan. I had a fascinating talk with Bill. He thinks that LBJ is now well sealed off from reality; the White House atmosphere, he said, is "impenetrable." He also feels that LBJ explains away all criticism as based on personal or political antagonism; Bill used the word "paranoid." He said that he had himself such a personal debt to Johnson that it had taken him a long time to reach these conclusions, and even longer to say them; but he felt that four more years of Johnson would be ruinous for the country."

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 280]

April 4 1968

David Karr called today. He had spent an hour yesterday with LBJ and says that it was "terrifying." Johnson was, first of all, filled with self-pity. He seemed very hurt over the Kennedy attitude toward him and kept talking about his "partnership" with JFK. "Then my partner died, and I took over the partnership. I kept on the eleven cowhands [the cabinet]. Some of the tenderfeet [Arthur Schlesinger, Jr?] left me. But I kept on. If he is up there in heaven looking down, I know that he knows what I have done."

He was bitter about RFK. He said for example, "On civil rights I was stronger than he was," instancing some issue about the guarantee of home mortgage loans, which, he said, Bobby would not put into the civil rights bill; ... He also talked about Bobby in connection with the Bay of Pigs (with which Bobby had no connection) and said that the credibility gap began then in the Kennedy administration and not in the Johnson administration. And he kept talking about an alleged affair RFK had with Candy Bergen in Paris.

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 286-287]

January 14 1969

I took part with Bill Moyers, Jack Valenti, Eric Goldman and Ted Sorensen (in Kansas City) in a National Education Television commentary. Afterward Bill and I went over to the Algonquin for a drink. We talked a bit about the problem of writing about Johnson. Bill said, as he has said to me before (and Dick Goodwin has said even more often), that one great trouble was that no one would believe it. He said that he could not see how one could write about Johnson the private monster and Johnson the public statesman and construct a credible narrative. "He is a sick man," Bill said. At one point he and Dick Goodwin became so concerned that they decided to read up on mental illness - Dick read up on paranoia and Bill on the mani-depressive cycle."

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 306]

January 15 1971

Last night I spoke at the annual dinner of the Century. I sat next to Mac Bundy and we discussed, among other things, the Khrushchev memoirs. I remarked on the curious resemblance between Khrushchev's account of the life around Stalin - the domineering and obsessive dictator, the total boredom of the social occasions revolving around him, the horror when invited to attend and the even greater horror when not invited - and Albert Speer's account of the life around Hitler. Mac said, "When I read Khrushchev, I was reminded of something else in addition - my last days in the White House with LBJ."

[Schlesinger, Journals, p. 333]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 8:43:39 PM PDT
Lyndon Johnson was a psychopath of the first degree and yes, LBJ did murder John Kennedy with the CIA's help. George Reedy gives us some great personal insights into Lyndon Johnson.

Longtime LBJ aide George Reedy on what a Narcissist, Bully, Sadist & Lout Lyndon Johnson was:

Reedy worked for LBJ from 1951-1965

"He was notorious for abusing his staff, for driving people to the verge of exhaustion- and sometimes over the verge; for paying the lowest salaries for the longest hours of work on Capitol Hill; for publicly humiliating his most loyal aides; for keeping his office in a constant state of turmoil by playing games with reigning male and female favorites."

"There was no sense in which he could be described as a pleasant man. His manners were atrocious- not just slovenly but frequently calculated to give offense. Relaxation was something he did not understand and would not accord to others. He was a bully who would exercise merciless sarcasm on people who could not fight back but could only take it. Most important, he had no sense of loyalty- at least, not the kind of loyalty I learned on the Irish Near North Side of Chicago, where life was bearable only because people who had very little in the way of wordly goods had very much in the way of mutual trust. To Johnson, loyalty was a one-way street: all take on his part and all give on the part of everyone else- his family, his friends, his supporters."

[Reedy, p. x]

"He was cruel, even to people who had virtually walked the last mile for him. Occasionally he would demonstrate his gratitude for extraordinary services by a lavish gift- an expensive suit of clothes, an automobile, jewelry for the women on his staff. The gift was always followed by an outpouring of irreverent abuse (I believe he thought his impulse was an example of weakness for which he had to atone) and a few members of his entourage noted that gift was invariably tax deductible on his part. Furthermore, some of the most lavish presents frequently went to members who had performed no services other than adulation. And when his personal desires were at stake, he had absolutely no consideration for the situation in which other people found themselves. They were required to drop everything to wait upon him and were expected to forget their private lives in his interests. He even begrudged one of his top assistants a telephone call to his wife on their wedding anniversary, which the assistant was spending on the LBJ ranch and his wife at their home in Washington, D.C." [Reedy, xiv]

"He had a habit of adopting all useful thoughts as his own, and often the originator of highly important ideas would forget his or her own authorship in a matter of hours and be ready to swear that the whole thing originated in the brain of "the Leader." [Reedy, xvi]

"He had a remarkable capacity to convince himself that he held the principles he should hold at any given time, and there was something charming about the air of injured innocence with which he would treat anyone who brought forth evidence that he had held other views in the past. It was not an act. His whole life was lived in the present and he was tenacious in his conviction that history always conformed to current necessities." [Reedy, p. 2]

"To complicate the picture, his own view of what had happened frequently shifted. To the outside world, this appeared as a form of mendacity. It is my firm belief, from close association over a number of years, that the man never told a deliberate lie. But he had a fantastic capacity to persuade himself that the "truth" which was convenient for the present was the truth and anything that conflicted with it was the prevarication of enemies. He literally willed what was in his mind to be reality and, as he was a master at imposing his will upon the people, the society, and the world around him, he saw no reason for history to be exempt from the process."

[Reedy, p. 3]

"That other man had to be Robert Kennedy, whom he regarded as the focal point for all the forces who sought the downfall of Lyndon Johnson." [Reedy, 6]

"As a rule, his language colorful, pointed, and what can most charitably be described as "earthy." His "humor" was based chiefly on the contents of toilet bowls and he was addicted to "pie-in-the-face" practical jokes. His favorite spectator sport was watching bovine copulation and he gloried in summoning fastidious males to his bathroom, where conference and excretion could be intermingled. His consumption of beverage alcohol was for purposes other than sacramental and in quantities that did not accord St. Paul's "a little wine for thy stomach's sake." [Reedy, p.34-35]

"They had to be young, they had to be cheerful, they had to be malleable, and it helped if they were slightly antagonistic to him at the outset. He dearly loved to convert an anti-Johnson liberal with a slightly plump figure and a dowdy wardrobe into a lean, impeccably clad female whose face was masked in cosmetics and who adored the ground he walked on (or, at least, told him she adored the ground he walked on). To her, he would pour out all his dreams and aspirations in what (as it was described to me later by one woman with a sense of humor) was an incredibly potent monologue. The motif was that he trusted her loyalty and needed her wisdom and she had to come with him to occupy the top spot in his organization. It was an offer rarely refused.

The reality was somewhat different. The best the woman could hope for was a position as his private secretary. She learned very quickly that it was not the post of a top "advisor." He had no respect for the political intelligence of any woman except his wife- and, unfortunately, he usually listened to her only when he had done something stupid and had to find a bail-out manuever.

There were many compensations for the reigning favorite. She could look forward to travel under plush conditions, attendance at glamourous social functions with the Johnsons (he would always find a "safe" male for an escort), expensive clothes, and frequent trips to New York, where a glamorous make-up artist would initiate her into the mysteries of advanced facial make-up, resulting in cosmetics so lavishly applied that they became a mask."

[Reedy, p. 36]

"Very few reigning favorites were allowed to run the office for any great length of time. One of them, who held his attention longer than the rest and for whom he exhibited some really deep feelings, was married off, probably because a continued relationship was incompatible with the vice presidency.

The others dropped back into the pool known to the male staff members (speaking under their breaths) as "the harem." His greatest joy was traveling with a large number of women over whom he could fuss- buying their clothes, supervising their diets, and admonishing them at every public stop to "put on some fresh lipstick." It was quite a show. He may have been "just a country boy from the central hills of Texas" but he had many of the instincts of a Turkish sultan of Istanbul."

[Reedy, p. 37]

"The result of all of this was an office in a constant state of turmoil. A new reigning favorite meant a period of several weeks in which workable routines would be upset; morale would fall to all-time lows; efficiency would go out the window."

(Reedy, p. 37)

"He was rarely candid, and when he spoke of personal matters his words were such a mixture of fantasy, euphemism, and half-truth that it was impossible to separate out the nuggets of revelation. In this case, however, the facts are compelling. As it became clearer that inexorable forces were pushing him into the small circle of men from whom the nation picks its chief executives, he developed a pattern of conduct that indicated beyond a doubt a desire to revert to childhood. He intermingled, almost daily, childish tantrums; threats of resignation (which I realize in retrospect were the equivalent of the small boy who says he will take his baseball and go home); wild drinking bouts; a remarkable nonpaternal yen for young girls; an almost frantic desire to be in the company of young people."

[Reedy, p. 56]

"A few weeks after his heart attack in 1955, he summed up the whole problem when he told a conference of doctors, gathered to evaluate his condition, that he enjoyed nothing but whiskey, sunshine, and sex. Without realizing what he was doing, he had outlined succinctly the tragedy of his life."

[Reedy, p. 56]

"The drinking bouts became increasingly heavy and increasingly frequent. When he was with staff members, there would usually be a point at which he would launch a tirade reviling an assistant for a long series of fancied wrongs and assumed inadequacies. ...

They were invariably preceded by a wild drinking bout. He was not an alcoholic or a heavy drinker in the commonly accepted sense of those words. But there were occasions when he would pour down Scotch and soda in a virtually mechanical motion in rhythm with the terrible tension building visibly within him and communicating itself to his listeners. The warning signs were unmistakable and those with past experience tried to get away before the inevitable flood of invective. As they found out, it was rarely possible.

[Reedy 56-57]

"As the 1960 campaign drew closer, the drinking bouts surpassed all previous records.... The 1960 campaign was a nightmare for the staff- a weird collage of beratings, occasional drunken prowls up and down hotel corridors, and frantic efforts to sober him up in the mornings so he could make the speaking engagements. Here again he came close to disaster. He spent a whole night in a hotel room in El Paso pouring invective upon the head of a bewildered advance man...On the stump he had very few peers. But in his rooms at night, the drinking patterns continued as did the threats of leaving the campaign." [Reedy, pp. 58-59]

"Someone had told him about the theories of subliminal conditioning then making the rounds and his methodology was to mutter "sincere" over and over in the presence of journalists. When he could insert the word into a sentence, he would do so even when it had to be dragged in by the heels, kicking and screaming. When he could find no sentence that was suitable, he would repeat "sincere" under his breath, over and over to the absolute bewilderment of his audience. Fortunately, he dropped the effort before articles could appear questioning his sanity."

[Reedy, p. 68]

"This occurred when he was vice president and obsessed with the idea that Bobby Kennedy was directing an anti-LBJ campaign. His elevation to the presidency made absolutely no difference. Brush after brush took place with the journalists who, in the early days of his administration, accepted him as a miracle worker to be treated with downright reverence. Eventually, however, his conviction that they were opposed to him created an opposition- always the outcome of paranoia. He did not attribute this to his own shortcomings but to the machinations of the man he regarded as his arch foe. At this stage of the game, Bobby was helpless to do him much mischief but LBJ still believed that there was a plot for which the press was the principal instrument." [Reedy, p. 70]

"In a very important sense, LBJ was a man who had been deprived of the normal joys of life. He knew how to struggle; he knew how to outfox political opponents; he knew how to make money; he knew how to swagger. But he did not know how to live. He had been programmed for business and for business only and outside of his programming he was lost." [Reedy, p. 81]

"I never fully understood this or other similar episodes. In the back of his mind, it is possible that he believed these visits were inspired by Bobby Kennedy as part of a "plot" to delete the name LBJ from the ticket in 1964. This had become an obsession with him- a conviction that peopled the world with agents of the president's brother all seeking to do him in. Someone- I never found out who- very actively fed this belief and kept him in a perpetual state of anxiety. This reached major proportions with the outbreak of the Billy Sol Estes and Bobby Baker scandals....

There was absolutely nothing to keep Johnson's name in the Billy Sol Estes story except the LBJ refusal to deal with the press. He covered up when there was nothing to cover and thereby created the suspicion that he was involved somehow. His reasoning was simple: The whole thing existed as a Bobby Kennedy plot and to talk about it to the press was to help Bobby Kennedy.

About the same thing happened in the Bobby Baker scandal except that in this instance he was really close to the central figure in the expose. He had considered Bobby as virtually a son and succeeded in promoting him to be secretary of the Senate Majority at an age when Bobby should have been in knee britches."

[Reedy 134-135]

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 8:43:57 PM PDT
Some more Reedy on LBJ:

"But Johnson refused to accept the obvious explanation. He insisted that it stayed in the press because of conscious pressure from Bobby Kennedy, who, he claimed, was holding daily briefings with the sole purpose of knifing LBJ in the back. He was so convinced of the existence of these meetings that I made a personal effort to check on them myself. There was not the least bit of evidence that they were taking place or had taken place. I am not a master spy but it is hardly likely that during that period the attorney general of the United States could have engaged in such an organized effort without one of my newspaper friends tipping me off.

This viewpoint did not impress Johnson in the slightest. He merely said I was "naive" and that he would demonstrate the truth to me. The next time the two of us were together with a correspondent, he lectured the man on how wrong it was to ask stooge questions and then said: "I know all about those briefings downtown." It became apparent at once the correspondent did not know not know about them but that did not stop LBJ. He continued his lectures to other correspondents- a practice that led to some speculation as to his mental stability. Fortunately, the speculation did not appear in print.

These episodes were merely ludicrious. Much more serious was his interpretation of all his relations with the administration as involved with "plots." He resisted- to the point of hysteria- the round-the-world trip which later became famous for his discovery of Bashir, the camel driver, in Karachi.... He raved, at least to me, that Bobby Kennedy was trying to set him up.

[Reedy, pp. 136-137]

"Those of us who had to deal with what few substantive matters characterized the vice presidency found it increasingly difficult to secure decisions from him. The consumption of booze increased as did the number of hours he would spend in bed at home just staring at the ceiling and growling at anyone who came into the room... There was some demon within the man himself that would have operated in any position short of the presidency."

[Reedy, pp. 139-140]

"Why Jack Kennedy offered Lyndon Johnson the vice presidency and why Lyndon Johnson accepted it, I will never know. Frankly, I doubt whether anyone will ever know now that the principal protagonists are dead. My guess is that it represented a shrewd political judgement on Kennedy's part."

[Reedy, p. 141]

"Behind the scenes, however, the campaign was grinding agony for a staff which felt a duty to the campaign to keep the seamy side from showing. There were some terrible moments- drunken, aimless wanderings through a hotel corridor in Chicago (fortunately blocked off by police) in which he tried to crawl into the bed of the female correspondent (I got the impression as we led him away that he was seeking comfort, not sex); a wild drinking bout in El Paso in which he spent the night cursing and raving at a good friend; continuous torrents of abuse directed at his staff. It was amazing to watch him go out in public and make truly compelling speeches off-the-cuff after such episodes."

[Reedy, p. 142]

"Whatever the reality, however, the LBJ paranoia continued to mount. He was convinced that Bobby Kennedy had virtual control over the nation's press and that this control was being used to pave the way for a "dump LBJ" campaign in 1964. This was a period in which he proceeded to "hang around" the outer offices of the White House- something like a precinct captain sitting in the anteroom of a ward leader hoping to be recognized. It was not a very propossessing sight and certainly not worthy of a man of his stature."

[Reedy, p. 147]

"He was not a man of thought and, instead, it became for him the period of intense misery. He obviously had not found what he had expected to find in the vice presidency, and while his intellect was keen, it was not of the variety that could grant him inner serenity. What could have been to a philosopher an era of growth was, in his eyes, a time of shame and failure.

[Reedy, p. 147]

"Johnson campaigned as though there were a real contest with the outcome in doubt. In time I came to understand that the act of campaigning had importance to him that was totally unrelated to the goals. There was some form of vitalizing force in frenzied crowds that drove him into a state of ectasy...

"What was even more interesting was the scene that invariably followed a session with a crowd. Despite his tapping technique, some people would always be able to grasp his palm for a fleeting moment. In such instances, it would be necessary for him to tear loose- leaving long scratches on the back of his hand. He loved those scratches. A medical attendant aboard Air Force One was ready with some soothing ointment for a gentle massage. LBJ would insist that everyone on the plane cluster around during the massage period and he would point lovingly to each scratch, describing in detail the person responsible for it. The first time I witnessed the performance, it seemed to me that he was thinking in terms of the Stigmata from the Cross. But the performance was much too sensual for such an interpretation. There was something post-orgasmic about the scene. A psychiatrist could have had a field day."

[Reedy, p. 152]

"The trouble was that Johnson himself became a victim of the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. It froze him into a totally uncompromising position where he had no alternatives- or thought he had no alternative- to feeding more and more draftees into the meat grinder. He had never, in his entire life, learned to confess error, and this quality- merely amusing or exasperating in a private person- resulted in cosmic tragedy for a president. He had to prove that he had been right all along. And this meant that he had to do more of what he had been doing despite the demonstrable failure of his Vietnam policies."

[Reedy, p. 165]

"There were a few key traits to his personality and it is unlikely that he shed them. As a human being he was a miserable person- a bully, sadist, lout and egoist. He had no sense of loyalty (despite his protestations that it was a quality that he valued above all others) and he enjoyed tormenting those who had done the most for him. He seemed to take a special delight in humiliating those who had cast their lot in with him. It may well be that this was the result of a form of self-loathing in which he concluded that there had to be something wrong with anyone who would associate with him."

[Reedy, p. 171]

"His lapses from civilized conduct were deliberate and usually intended to subordinate someone else to his will. He did disgusting things because he realized other people had to pretend that they did not mind. It was his method of bending them to his designs.

[Reedy, pp. 171-172]

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 12:02:46 PM PDT
Sammy says:
LBJ was the Adolf Hitler of the USA.He not only murdered people on his way up the political ladder

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 12:05:01 PM PDT
LYNDON JOHNSON HAD A MURDEROUS ATTITUDE TOWARDS ROBERT KENNEDY - "I'll cut his throat if it's the last thing I do."

Robert Caro describes the LBJ-RFK relationship post 1960 Democratic convention, where RFK had moved heaven and earth attempting to keep LBJ off the 1960 Democratic ticket. Caro:

John Connally, who during long days of conversation with this author was willing to answer almost any question put to him, no matter how delicate the topic, wouldn't answer when asked what Johnson said about Robert Kennedy. When the author pressed him, he finally said flatly: "I am not going to tell you what he said about him." During the months after the convention, when Johnson was closeted alone back in Texas with an old ally he would sometimes be asked about Robert Kennedy. He would reply with a gesture. Raising his big right hand, he would draw the side of it across the neck in a slowing, slitting movement. Sometimes that gesture would be his only reply; sometimes, as during a meeting with Ed Clark in Austin, he would say, as his hand moved across his neck, "I'll cut his throat if it's the last thing I do." [Robert Caro, "The Passage of Power," p. 140]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2014 12:07:55 PM PDT
Sammy says:
As I was saying,he not only murdered people going up the political ladder,but he usurped his way into the Presidency by assassination.Then he started the Vietnam war with a phony incident,Tonkin Gulf.THAT makes him a mass murderer,as 58000 American soldiers and over two MILLION inocent Asians were killed.Hitler and LBJ?Brothers in Blood!

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 1:07:23 PM PDT
LBJ engineered the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty in his greatest crime ever. Operation Cyanide: How the Bombing of the USS Liberty Nearly Caused World War Three

That murdered 34 Americans, wounded another 171, in an attempt to murder all 294 Americans on the USS Liberty. LBJ was sick, evil, demented mass murdering psychopath.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  May 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson by Robert A. Caro (Hardcover - May 1, 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (684)