Most helpful critical review
30 of 35 people found the following review helpful
Was Expecting Safer Ingredients
on August 28, 2010
EWG would have problems with this formulation because it doesn't state on the ingredients list exactly what "fragrance" is.
I would've liked to have known exactly what was in the bottle before ordering. It states that it's 98% natural. What, exactly, was the other 2%? Undoubtedly it is some kind of preservative. After reading about sodium benzoate, I do not want to use this product anymore. Granted, the hydantoin and parabens are gone from the formula. So, in the interest of informing other consumers, here is the ingredients list straight from the back of the bottle:
Water, decyl glucoside, polyglyceryl-10 laurate, cocoglycerides, sodium coco-sulfate, coco-glucoside, glyceryl oleate, sodium benzoate, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, xanthan gum, fragrance, citric acid, sodium hydroxide. 98% derived from coconut, palm and sugarcane.
It is tear-free and it doesn't foam much. The foam almost immediately disappears into a watery feeling clear liquid.