Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style Name: Bedtime Moisture Wash|Size: Pack of 2|Change
Price:$9.76+ Free shipping (Addon item)

VINE VOICEon August 9, 2010
I can't recommend for or against this product since my usual source for indicated safety in consumer chemicals has not published their data yet. However, I did check ingredient by ingredient to get the relative safety scores, and this does very well for a Johnson and Johnson product (if you compare ingredients with other JnJ products, they are not even similar, so this is not just marketing hype to cater to concerned parents). Even did very well relative to other products (including California Baby), with the worst offender being sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) and even that is moderate (3 on a scale from 1 -10, from least to most toxic)

PROS:
Nice, very light scent, doesn't cause me to sneeze like some stronger scented soaps
Ingredients are zero to very low toxicity, with only one (and the last one at that) listed as moderate (very good)
Cost compared to other low tox soaps - blows the "premium" brands out of the water here.

CONS:
Pump is iffy...not enough soap comes out at once imo, and not sure I like a pump for bath soap (though it's not that big of a deal...)

Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to be reamed at the checkout for buying low-tox soap. Compare the price to this with Burt's Bee's or California Baby and you get MUCH more value here, and seems to be safe as well.

Reference: [...]

EDITED AFTER TWO YEARS USING: I bumped this up to five stars, because there really is nothing else in the market (that I have seen), with such low toxicity scores, for such a low cost. Nothing even close. I have used many bottles of this stuff happily for the past couple years, on all three of my kids. Highly (higher!) recommended after much use.
on January 24, 2012
I have a 17 month old daughter and have been using this for at least 6 months. She has very sensitive skin as well as eczema. This has been wonderful. In the winter months, after her bath, I also use Eucerin. With both products, I have not had any problems. The smell is nice too.
on February 20, 2016
I had a few of these given to me to use on my newborn that my sister had left over. The soap on the washcloth lasts thru the entire bath which is great. The cloths are soft and good size. Plus they are not a super thick wash cloth I can easily get in between his fingers and toes, making sure all the lint is gone. I love them so much I bought two more boxes they make bath time a lot easier, especially for a newborn. Plus they smell great, I had purchased a different brand soap but after using these I had to go buy the matching bottle of soap. I also purchased a set washcloths and bottle of soap for my parents house. That way when he stays with them they will have it easier too. Definitely worth a try if you have never purchased one.
If my review has helped you in any way please consider clicking 'Yes'. Thanks in advance.
on March 5, 2011
Love the smell! Love that it works even on my daughter's super sensitive skin! What's crazy is that my daughter is allergic to Burt's Bees products, but Johnson's has never bothered her. I wanted to try a new scent and so I picked this one because of the oatmeal. Smells great, leaves my daughter's skin looking and smelling great! Moisturizes too! Love this product!

Edit: I have now been using Johnson's Vanilla & Oatmeal Baby Wash and Lotion now for 3 months now on my daughter and I still LOVE the smell. I will say that it is sweet, especially at first, but then it lightens up and smells perfect, almost more oatmeal(ish) than vanilla - like an oatmeal cookie :). The wash has not dried out her skin at all, does NOT leave a film residue on her skin - which I was honestly a little worried about with the oatmeal, and makes her squeaky clean! After her bath I always use lotion and do like a baby massage to relax her before bed and this smell just relaxes my daughter! It keeps her skin so soft too. I cannot wait to try this during the winter to see if it keeps her skin as moisturized as I think that it will! :) So all in all, I am VERY happy with this product line. I absolutely love the "baby smell" for new babies, but as my daughter got older I really wanted to spice it up a bit with different scents. Glad I chose this one!! :) Yes, I still recommend this product!
on October 31, 2014
REPURPOSED USE -- My 88 year old, severely sight challenged mother uses these when she showers. The cloths eliminate the need for her to use both hands at the same time to soap up a separate washcloth, basically providing her with a higher level of safety because she never has to have both hands occupied and can hold the safety grab bar with one hand and just wash with the other hand. Also no dropping the soap which causes risks for seniors who really should not be bending down in the shower to retrieve anything.
on January 31, 2014
My Son has very sensitive skin. These work very well. We used to get the Huggies brand, but I decided to try these out the last time. These are a little thinner than the Huggies brand, but seem to have more soap in them. They lather up nicely, and I can wash my entire 5 yr old, head-to-toe with suds to spare, and he is very tall for his age.

These also seem easier on the eyes than the Huggies brand. When the Huggies brand would get in his eyes, as the product said "no tears", they would not bother him, but I noticed his eyes would get red and irritated. This product says that it is as "gentle on eyes as water", and seems very much to be true. No eye irritation with these.

I was afraid the scented ones would bother him, as we stay away from everything scented, as it tends to bother his skin. These were absolutely fine and caused no issue at all.

I am not sure about the "bedtime" part, as nothing seems to clam him down.

Pros:
lots of lather
nice scent, that does not irritate the skin
easy on eyes

Cons:
a little on the thin side, when compared to another brand, but plenty strong enough
on May 24, 2016
Love this scent it's fruity, crisp, and clean. My daughter isn't exactly a baby anymore she's 5 now but we continue to use Johnson and Johnson because of the gentle products. She has very sensitive skin, so I stick to baby wash because I know it won't irritate her. You get three huge bottles of the baby wash, we won't be buying any for several months. It comes with an easy pump top.
on September 27, 2015
I love the scent of the pink Johnson's Baby wash! Not only is it gentle on my baby's delicate skin but it has that traditional baby smell that's very distinctive!
review image
on June 16, 2016
BIG bottle, best deal I've found so far on here for size/price. 5.92 as an add on item right now. I always add this specific one to my order when I'm running low. We've used this since my twins were babies, at almost 4 now we still use...great deal
on July 28, 2015
These were perfect for my daughter to use in the shower at summer camp. I remembered using them when my children were young, when we would travel. I figured with the soap and the cloth together, it would be a great thing for camp and it was!! They are very thick and have the soap imbedded. My only complaint, is that they used to be individually wrapped, that would have been nice for camp, but I just put them in baggies to make shower time much easier for my nine year old.