Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on June 16, 2013
I really love this shoe, the Golson Slip-On (GSO), and I use it on alternative days from my other black pair of J&M Shuler Moc Venetian (SMV).

These shoes have a really nice look, and I like the unique design (see picture). It has almost a casual side-wingtip - that's the only way I can think to describe.

The GSO tumbled leather is a little less pronounced (lighter tumbling) than the Shuler (SMV). The GSO foot opening is also smaller and tighter than the SMV, partially due to the fact that the quarter-rise behind the heel (where you'd use a shoe horn) is higher than usual too which adds some difficulty to slipping this shoe on, but it does not bother me. For some though, I suspect it could be a bother and possibly even rub or aggravate the Achilles or back of ankle area. Since I've found the SMV to run about even with most other J&M shoes, I recommend buying this GSO a 1/2 size larger than your other J&M shoes. You may even want to try these on in-store just to be safe.

I would say that I prefer the Shuler to the Golson, but I've been very pleased with these Golson's as an alternative shoe to wear every other day.
on December 31, 2012
I have learned the hard way that a person needs to keep searching to find that perfect set of shoes that you will love forever because I have found mine. I now own four pairs of these shoes and I love them all simply because they fit so well and are soooo comfortable. The calf or sheep skin lining makes all the the difference in the world.
I have noticed that the size stated does not necessarily indicate the true size of the shoe. My feet measure in the 10.5 to 11 size on the scale gauge and most of the shoes I have bought in the past are 10.5 but two of the Johnston/ Murphy pairs are listed at 9.5 and the other two are 10.5 so be sure to try them on to get the perfect fit.
Overall a great shoe.
on January 20, 2013
I received these 2 weeks ago and love them! They seem to fit true to size and are very comfortable! the sheepskin inside is smooth and the insole is very comfortable and soft. All in all a nice shoe for a business casual environment. I can only recommend them!
on March 30, 2013
Only issue I have is with the width... not as snug a fit as I was expecting. Size 14 D was not available, so I went with M.
on February 28, 2014
Great positive notes:

1) Fantastic comfort factor

2) Incredible if working a desk job / around the house loafing around

3) Sharp enough to wear to events

4) I find the gloss is extra durable, I've walked through salt-laden snow with these several times and the sheen doesn't seem to diminish

5) Very well built design, and high repairability make this an incredible bang for the buck

There's a couple almost unworthy complaints:

1) Excessive walking in a day caused one of my toes to experience a blister topside due to the leather rubbing against it. While this is the result of obviously my self, in part because the toe's joint was slightly bent in my childhood, and clearly these aren't exactly "Walking / Running Shoes", I took note that if I'm going to be stuck on my feet all day, thin/silky socks are absolutely a no go. This being said, I have zero issues wearing silky/thin dress socks with these in an office environment.

2) The top ridge is a tiny bit loose, I think because the elastic is more relaxed than I expected. Coupled with the extremely smooth interior, this is a double edged sword. Though there are obvious luxurious comfort factors because of this, including putting on / off the shoes (no resistance), there's a -slight- potential for the shoe to come loose unexpectedly, if engaged in a quick run, or even dancing. I haven't experienced this latter potential, though the signs are clear it would be wise to be a little cautious with activities while wearing them.

Neutral comments:

1) Not sure exactly how effective the slip resistance is on these shoes, though I've walked, slowly, over ice a few times without falling on my rear end, thankfully.
on April 27, 2014
More convenient but not as comfortable as the other lace-up Johnston and Murphy shoes I already have. As far as slip-ons go, these are the best I've owned.
on May 13, 2014
Great shoes! Very comfortable. I've had several pairs of Johnston and Murphy and they take a couple wears before they breakin, but after that they are fantastic!
on March 5, 2015
Johnson/Murphy shoes are awesome as they are both comfortable and high quality!