Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Joico Curl Definer Creme Gel, 6.8 Ounce
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on August 2, 2013
Based on the product description on the web page, I purchased this item. It did not have enough plant-base ingredients for me. A good number of the ingredients included some form of alcohol. Though the product was creamy while applying it to my hair, once the product dried, I did not achieve the soft curly, bouncy hair. My hair is naturally curly so I thought this product would enhance the curls and control frizz, but this was not the case.
on June 30, 2012
I believe the product must have been old. I opened it after my allowable return date. To say it smells like rotten fish would be an understatement. I took it to the salon and the bottle from Amazon smells different than the one available in the salon. I do not recommend purchasing it here.
on November 30, 2012
I use this along with the Joico Curl activator but you need to be careful and use only a very small amount. I have a head of hair that is considered thick and use less than a tablespoon, maybe a teaspoon and its enough to keep the curl in place. If you use too much the hair becomes stiff.
on March 29, 2012
I bought this product on the advice of another curly girl, but discovered that while it made for a nice, soft hold, it did nothing for frizz control. My hair was fuzzy-curly instead of controlled-curly. I did use my bottle since it was already paid for, but I will not buy another one.
on June 14, 2015
I bought this product at a salon a few days ago and it smells horrible! I tried to take it back but they would not let me because it was on sale = final sale. I came on here to see if anyone else mentioned the smell and have to agree with another commentor that it does smell like rotten fish. We must have gotten a bad batch because I am surprised that other people seem to be happy with the product. The product works well but the smell!!! I can't handle it!! Ugh!
on May 3, 2013
This is the best curl definer I have ever tried. I just apply and scrunch after I wash and condition my hair and it makes tight curls. Even better, when my hair is dry and I comb out my "do", my hair is soft to the touch. This is the best!
on February 28, 2015
My favorite curl definer product!!!
on June 3, 2009
Made my hair silky dries well helps hair keep its shape. Great for sets and twist and just natural style on all textures of hair.
on April 8, 2009
This is a very good product. It leaves your curly hair very soft and manageable. I will continue to buy this product.