Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Joie Simply Slice Strawberry Slicer
|Price:||$5.24 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Creates perfectly even strawberry slices
- Equipped with 7 blades for slicing
- Blades are constructed of sturdy stainless steel
- Ideal for cakes, pies and garnishes
- Not dishwasher safe; hand wash recommended
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Quantity: 1 | Size: A
Top Customer Reviews
Items I've used:
1. Karate - this worked well enough for the really huge strawberries...but rather than coming up with sliced berries, I'd say they were more like halved berries. It also gave me sweet, juicy, red hands as karate chops are similar to blunt force trauma if you're a strawberry...not a very clean cut at all.
b. Paper - I figured if paper can cut a finger, it should sure as hell be able to handle a damn strawberry. Well...all of those tiny seeds act as a sort of strawberry armor and the paper dulled immediately. Also, on occassions I was able to avoid any seeds, the paper would become soggy and I'd have paper goop in my berry bowl when all was said and done. Sure, that's extra fiber for one's diet, but personally, I'm very, VERY regular without it.
III. Hammer - I do not recommend using hammers to slice strawberries. I've tried multiple sizes and styles and had the following results...
- ballpeen hammer - the smaller size of the striking portion of a ballpeen hammer seemed like a legit option on larger berries. I ended up smashing a hole in the center of the berry and ended up with what one might describe as a donut-looking strawberry and quite a mess. A lot of the berry was turned into mush.
- Rubber Mallet - this s*** didn't work at all, unless you like your sliced strawberries on the really pulpy and juicy side.
- Sledgehammer - this bad boy could slice a bunch of berries at one time, but the results were a larger mess than the rubber mallet.Read more ›
I like that all the slices are uniform. This would be great for a dish that you cared about having the same size slices. I made my son a watermelon cake for his first birthday and garnished it with blueberries and strawberry slices. I wish I would've had this to make the strawberry slices look a little better. Since this cuts the strawberries into such small slices it’s perfect for bite size pieces for him. I just use the slicer and cut once more down the middle. It is slightly faster than cutting with a knife, but not markedly.
There are a few things I don’t like about it though. First, it’s too dull, making it require a bit of pressure to push through the fruit. I know it’s probably hard finding a healthy medium between safety and having a sharp product. But this could have easily been sharper and it would've made it a little easier. Second, this only fits small-medium strawberries. About 25% of them I got from Costco wouldn't fit in here, mostly due to width. Third, it would've been a better design if it had a tab or lip on the top so it pulled open easier, like my egg slicer. Lastly, I really wish it were dishwasher safe. It takes a few minutes to clean it since there are 7 blades kind of close together that need to be scrubbed.
Overall, given the price it’s a decent product. Likely it will go in a back drawer and get used once every few months or when my 10 year old wants strawberries. If I paid any more for it I would be annoyed though. I paid $4.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This made cutting strawberries SO MUCH EASIER and FASTER! I make cheesecake and place fresh strawberries on them and it gave me the ability to cut all the strawberries I needed... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Kristina Waltmire
The strawberry slicer works really well. I use it on the countertop over a cutting board and the sliced strawberries come out perfectly every time. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Melissa A Johnson
The thing broke after 3 strawberries: one of the plastic ridges broke off. Waste of moneyPublished 4 days ago by Jason C.
Perfectly sliced strawberries, every time. I've given 3 of these as stocking stuffers. Everyone who sees my perfectly sliced strawberries always wants to know how I cut them so... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Bill Cole