5.0 out of 5 stars Dandy little device
I love kitchen gadgets. Two earlier devices of different design worked poorly, but this one is quick and easy. It removes strawberry stem and leaves with a simple twist of the wrist. A paring knife removes too much if you intend leaving the "berry" shape for garnish.
Published 22 months ago by teacherjoe

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good for strawberries
Tried it on strawberries with less than satifactory results, especiall when large leaves were attached. Worked well on hulling tomatoes.
Published 12 months ago by Anthony M. Santare

5.0 out of 5 stars Dandy little device, September 9, 2012
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
Combined with a strawberry/mushroom slicer (not a wire type egg slicer) this tool can prepare a half-gallon of berries for a whole bunch of shortcakes with less time and effort than would be the case with a knife.

4.0 out of 5 stars a neat little tool for the short of thumbnail, April 4, 2013
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
Helps the nail-biters of the family hull strawberries and bust into bananas. Today I just used it to selectively scoop the good parts out of so-so avocado. The small size and little teeth were perfect for that. Wonder what else I can do with this neat little tool?

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
This thing is awesome. One of our favorite kitchen tools. Works like a charm. I highly recommend.
a a a a

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product everyone should get if you love strawberries, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
This is kinda like a Mellon baller and it takes out the core and top of the strawberry. I love this item and it is one of the best purchases ive made on amazon. You must becareful while using it, because like a knife, you can hurt yourself. I would use a knife protectant glove. It helped me tremendously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact Essential Huller, January 12, 2013
Megan Hills (Gorham, ME USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
This tiny huller is ideal for any kitchen. It's size is of great merit as it takes up little space. It is easy to find per it's color and washes very easily. We use it for strawberries and tomatoes. The teeth are very strong and plentiful enough to quickly core. We have yet to see any discoloration due to washing in the dishwasher.

It's original price of $9.95 was a bit steep for such a tiny tool and I admit I waited for it to go below $5 which made it worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for strawberries, January 5, 2013
Ray (Nashua, NH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
Bought this to help core strawberries and it works great (as long as your strawberries are fresh). If you get overripe fruit, you will end up mashing the fruit. Tried using this for tomatoes, but I think you'll need a bigger huller. Overall, another cool and good kitchen product.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use., November 22, 2012
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
It makes taking the stem out of the strawberry so easy. One of the best kitchen gadgets I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strawberry Huller, November 10, 2011
SRS (Eastern WA State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
This very sharp tool works great on strawberries. I have the same type of tool by Pampered Chef and I like this one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 1, 2011
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
I bought a couple of these so my kids can help me hull the strawberries after we pick a bunch. Works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Joie Stainless Steel Strawberry Huller (Kitchen)
I am quite pleased with this addition to my kitchen. It's sharp, looks nice, is reasonably sized, and easy to hold onto. It was packaged very nicely, both the original plastic packaging as well as the shipping box thanks to Amazon prime. I had a new quart of strawberries ready to test this on, and from the time I started opening the box my things were shipped in, it took 9 minutes to get the stems off of the whole quart of berries. Not bad, actually fantastic considering that I have Parkinson's tremors. I'd happily pay three times the price for this tool!

Rate and Discover Movies