Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on March 19, 2008
At first, you will have pity for these "broken minds" wondering how it just could be possible.
But, at the end, you will pray all your saints that it won't happen to you!
It's a documentary you have to experience. Just to sense how vulnerable our minds are.
on November 28, 2010
I don't trust this movie. I think it's contrived. I'm anti-religious and want to learn about cults, but I just didn't believe most of the exagerations in this movie. Yes, maybe some of the kids were spanked--but I think this becomes wildly exagerated. I believe that the cult leader put the kids' hands on the hot stove to show them what hell feels like--but just how hot was it?, and if it really did burn their hands, where are the burn marks? The kids all seem totally happy and un-abused to me. Also, why is there no background about the cult leader (his earlier life in upstate NY, etc.)? All we see or hear from are these few people in this little compound of a church and a few nearby houses. Also, is that the extent of his cult (just these few people)? How many people fill up his church? Also, the part at the end where the one family moves to Montana "to get as far away as possible" from cults but end up right next door to a big cult compound is unbelievable (the Montana cult members even come around knocking, trying to be friends with the new neighbors). I think much of this movie is made up to be entertaining or to fit into a nice story. I also wondered about the cult leader's wife. The cult leader is from Austria and has an accent. I kept trying to figure out where the wife is from. She seemed to have a very slight accent, and I kept wondering if that was just from being around her husband (his accent was captivating). This husband-wife were smart and charming, and I felt at the end that maybe they really cared about and helped these people. The funniest thing was the spontaneous little boy who kept blurting out the funniest things. I also liked the sub-plot of no lawyer or prosecutor wanting to touch this thing.
on April 1, 2008
One of the most gripping stories of cults is what happens after you've made the leap to leave. This documentary does an unbelievable job of exposing their underbelly and the psychological spiral of those powering them.
on April 7, 2008
Shocking to see that people have the power to manipulate others like this. This movie is a great tool to inform viewers on the warning signs of brainwashing and still manages to be very entertaining.
on April 1, 2008
May be the most important film you'll see in years. Protect yourself and your loved ones from the influence of charismatic leaders such as Jason Calacanis.

Beware!
on April 1, 2008
A must see film- The cult phenomenon can no longer be ignored. It begins with family and the events that forever change your life. I look forward to seeing this.
on April 1, 2008
I am looking forward to seeing this film. Everything I have heard about it has only been fantastic. BUG THUMBS UP!
on April 1, 2008
I have heard such great things about this film that I can't wait to see it! -tjn
on April 1, 2008
This movie was so informative. If you're not in a cult now you will want to join one by the end of the movie. Do no watch this alone, bring backup. jason is my cult leader.
on April 1, 2008
Looking forward to the release of this movie. Hearing all sorts of buzz.

-Victor