5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right!
I'm so impressed with this! I read several reviews before purchasing, and I have to admit, I was a little worried about what to expect. It comes in a plastic package, and contains instructions on how to attach to a wall. I personally have mine on my closet door so I disregarded these.

Installation was SO fast and simple! It took me five minutes to attach the...
Published on July 1, 2011 by Flora Fairfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Small bags only need apply
Although I purchased this as a means of storing ALL my bags, I discovered that anything greater than the weight of the smallest bags will cause the door clip to release. The hooks are easily adjustable, but are too narrow to accommodate wider purse straps without folding the straps (which is undesirable).

My smaller bags have found a happy home. I sincerely...
Published on April 4, 2008 by Kryswalker

3.0 out of 5 stars Small bags only need apply, April 4, 2008
This review is from: Jokari Over the Door Hanging Purse Racks, 2-Count (Kitchen)

My smaller bags have found a happy home. I sincerely hope the company creates a sturdier version for more serious bags sometime soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy door hooks, August 15, 2007
My problem with this product is either the unit itself is to short for standard doors or the hooks that hang it from the door are not any good. When trying to install it the unit would fall on me because one of the hooks would slip because of the stress from stretching it on the door. It does however come with a way to fasten it to a wall which works perfectly. However I didn't want to hang my purses on the wall I wanted them out of sight on the back of the door.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why plastic?, June 6, 2009
These hooks hold no considerable weight. I had a set of 2 on a door and all but 2 of the hooks have cracked and fallen apart. Good for small purses or light totes but definitely not for heavy leather or wide-strap bags. The manufacturer needs to look into making a more durable hook (metal or similar strength)for those heavier bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right!, July 1, 2011

Installation was SO fast and simple! It took me five minutes to attach the two lines at the top and bottom of my door. They fit my door perfectly, and the lines do stretch, so unless you have a really unusual door size, you should be fine with this product.

One of the most common complaints I saw about this was that the hooks to hold the bags are flimsy, cheap, and don't hold the bags. I disagree with this overall sentiment. They ARE plastic, and yes, they're probably cheap, given the price of the product, but they are NOT flimsy and they DO hold the bags. I have 13 bags hanging on this altogether, some large tote bags, and even two bags on one hook (just for appearance sake, I have one more hook but I thought the display looked nicer this way) and I have no issues with it. If all of your hooks are breaking, either you have a faulty product, or, your bags are too heavy. DON'T PUT BAGS ON THIS WITH A BUNCH OF HEAVY STUFF IN ALL OF THEM. Too much weight would break almost anything, and so just keep that in mind. I don't think that your bags have to be totally empty, I have a couple odds and ends in each (hand sanitizer, tissues) that go with me wherever I take a bag, but obviously those don't break the hooks. Just mind you don't overload the bags before hanging them up, and I doubt you'll have an issue.

The last thing is how nice this looks in my bedroom. I have two closets, besides my main door out of my room. Before, all my bags hung on my doorknobs. Every time I opened a door, everything fell off. You have NO idea how much more convenient this is until you try it. So, I would DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone in need of something similar, I think it's a great deal and it works SO well. Good luck to everyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't fit every door, March 3, 2008
The big issue with this product is that the description doesn't make it clear that the "over the door" hanger will only fit thin doors. Yes they do provide some hardware that will allow you to attach the product to the face of the door...but this requires drilling holes into your door! Drilling holes would, in my opinion, defeat the purpose of an over the door storage system.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not the best, March 13, 2008
I received my order yesterday and I was not 100% satisfied. It works like it says, except it doesn't fit my standard closet door (concerning length.) The clips that allow the product to hang on the door are fine and the clips that move up and down the strap to hang your bags are fine. It is just the bottom clip won't reach to the bottom of my door. All in all, I would say these are best to be mounted on the wall, which I cannot do. My suggestion: Measure your closets and match that up with product specs before ordering!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this unless you have a sewing machine to reinforce it, June 10, 2009
Yes, this comes with two in the package. I don't think it's any coincidence that each of the hooks snapped off of BOTH of the straps. Is it really that difficult to reinforce a stitch in order to hold the weight of multiple purses??? After I took both of the straps to my sewing machine and put some GOOD stitches in, it worked fine. I absolutely love it....but it was created very poorly.

Don't buy this unless you have a sewing machine to reinforce it. Great idea, poor creation.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what i was looking for, October 5, 2007
i had tried several methods for storing and organizing my purses (bins, special shelf, etc) but the "organized" part never lasted... i stumbled upon this rack by chance, and decided to give it a try... IT'S FANTASTIC! easy to assemble and customize. just great. have been using it and my purses STAY organized, and unprecedented feat!!! you won't regret this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars low quality, September 5, 2010
AYP (Irving, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I liked the idea of this product, but its too easy to break. they should make metal clip instead of plastic. I bought 4 of them and ALL THE CLIP BROKE!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best thing EVER!!!, February 6, 2011
M. Jones "pnm" (SF Bay Area, California US) - See all my reviews
No offense to the people who said it wouldn't hold larger bags - you didn't read the instructions. If you hold the hook "out" a little and use the purse straps to hold it in place, the teeth grab the webbing so it stays. When not pulled out, the teeth aren't grabbing so they can be pulled up and down easily to adjust for different purses. The instructions have pictures so you'll get what I'm not explaining very well when you see it.

This is by far the best organizer I've ever seen for bags. Unfortunately, I have a lot of large purses so I could only fit one of the two racks on the back of my door, so I'm currently searching for an inconspicuous spot so I can also hang my smaller bags.

I hung it over the door frame first to see how it worked, then mounted it because my doors barely close without anything on them and I never had anything break. It worked perfectly and I couldn't be happier with this product.

Jokari Over the Door Hanging Purse Racks, 2-Count