Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on December 10, 2007
this creme bleach yields the best results in the same number of minutes as others. Other bleaches like sally hansen yield a darker result (not as bleached blonde) Believe me, Jolen is so good, nothing comes close in comparison.
on April 9, 2014
I am a brunette with sensitive skin and I love this stuff! I mix the cream and powder in a Tupperware instead of the little credit card looking plastic thing they supply and it works great. I usually leave on for 15 min instead of the recommended 10 because I have dark brown hair. It does not irritate my sensitive acne prone skin either.
on November 20, 2011
It works alright. But after a few years of using it, the skin above my lip is now permanently lighter than the rest of my face. I've search all over the internet and have not found any information or warning about this. I have pale skin to begin with. It's very distressing and I dont leave the house without coverup on that area.
VINE VOICEon April 1, 2008
Born with very fair, lily-white skin and thick black hair (and blue eyes!), I have to do *something* to make the unwanted facial hair disappear into obscurity. For more than 30 years, I've been using Jolen and while it does work, it also leaves my skin a deep, almost purplish-red for about 60 minutes after its removal. It is a bleach and the application of the bleach is hard on skin.

Eventually, the discoloration fades and I can re-appear in public with no-one the wiser. However, this stuff isn't pleasant. It burns upon application and the smell of ammonia is so bad that it makes my eyes water. I lay still, flat on my back and wait for the magical 15 minutes to pass before I can wash the mess off. The box instructions suggest 10 minutes, but I haven't had good success using it for a mere 10 minutes. If you wash it off at that point, you'll have lots of blonde hairs with still-visible black roots. Ick.

A tiny plastic platter (less than 2" square) is provided for "mixing" the two ingredients and it's maddening to use. I'm sure it's cheap to produce this implement but while stirring, at least 10% of the product spills and ends up on the countertop. Frustrating.

My mother endured a lifetime of electrolysis and that wasn't pleasant either. My daughter tried waxing and it took a week for the skin to grow back on her face.

For those of us with dark, thick hair and super fair (and super sensitive) skin, the Jolen Bleach seems to be the only viable solution.
44 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2014
Wow. This has changed my life.

A little about me: 28 year old female who struggles with dark body hair. I'm especially sensitive about my face. While I'm not the bearded lady, any hair on my face is dark, and I have very pale skin. On top of that, I was cursed with crappy sideburns. I've struggled for years to find a solution to my problem. This is it. I watched some Youtube videos and realized that some women apply this to their whole face! (except eye brows) So I bought one of those hair dye applicator brushes and gave it a try. Perfect! I've found my long term solution. I have sensitive skin and waxing just isn't an option for me. If I removed hair around my sideburns, it looked funny since there was a patch with no hair when there is obviously supposed to be SOME hair on your face (peach fuzz).

My experience with this product: I will be honest. I did three applications. Only one in a 24 hour period though. The first application got most of the work done, but some of the heaviest areas like under my sideburns and above my eyebrows were still not light enough. The second application got most of it but still not 100%. A third application just done on the areas needed was perfect. I said earlier that I have sensitive skin. Applying this even three times did not disturb my skin! No breakouts!

As for my sideburns, I did not dye them entirely. That would look silly on a brunette. Instead, I've just accepted the fact that I have them and will do what I can. So I bleached UNDER my sideburns, you know, the hair below the thickest part of the sideburn.

Is this perfect? No. I wish I could get laser hair removal, but that would have to be to my whole face. And honestly, I think that myself and many women think way too hard on this. We look up close and personal in a mirror and see the hairs and think everyone must notice. I really doubt people pay attention to us that much. This is a solution that takes 12 minutes tops and I won't have to think about it for weeks.

Above lip: This is an exception to the bleach. I use a bellabe wand for that area ever 1-2 nights. It will hurt like hell the first time, but if you keep up with it, it doesn't hurt much after that.
on December 10, 2015
i wish i had saved myself years of torturous waxing of my mustache and just used this bleach on it. the waxing just resulted in the hair coming back blacker and courser and more visible. initially the bleach wasn't doing a great job of bleaching all the short, course, black hairs, but as the hair has gotten softer and lighter in color, the bleach is able to do a better job bleaching all of the hairs. now my mustache just looks like the rest of my facial hair. the first time i applied it there was a burning sensation and the area was left very red, but each time i've used it that reaction has been less and less. so don't give up it your initial use is disappointing. it gets better and is so much better than waxing.
on May 7, 2016
Comes with everything spatula, tray, crime bleach, accelerator and instructions. You can apply and wipe an area of hair and reapply to get desired color. My wife eyebrows are black. It took her about 20 minutes for it to lighten to picture below. Her hair is black and eyebrows reddish -brown.
on November 18, 2015
This was my first time using face bleach, and this product made it simple to do. I have used wax for almost 20 years, but wanted to try bleach for the softer hairs on the side of my face--any girl with black hair and super fair skin will understand the black peach fuzz problem! It worked extremely well and I am very happy with the results. I didn't notice any extra irritation of the skin, or any extra dryness in the areas I applied it in. I will say this, it was much more pleasant than waxing! I left it on for 15 minutes each of the 2 times I have used it now, because my hair is SOOO dark, and it worked wonderfully well!
on April 14, 2016
This product made it simple to bleach my facial hairs. I have used wax for almost 10 years, but wanted to try bleach for the softer hairs on the side of my face--any girl with black hair and super fair skin will understand the black peach fuzz problem! It worked extremely well and I am very happy with the results. I didn't notice any extra irritation of the skin, or any extra dryness in the areas I applied it in. I will say this, it was much more pleasant than waxing! I left it on for 15 minutes each of the 2 times I have used it now, because my hair is very dark, and it worked wonderfully well!
on April 29, 2016
Works well. Doesn't smell bad. Not too harsh but does the job. Never irritated my skin. If you use it too many times on the same hair, your hair will turn to straw, literally break up and fall to pieces. Trick is to apply to roots only as hair grows out, not to all hair. I didn't have any problems with the product getting hard in the container like others reported. Easy to mix, but if you need a larger amount don't bother with the little pad they give you, or make smaller batches one at a time.