Jon Snow question I am reading the first book and know I will eventually read them all, but I am dying to find out. Do we learn who the mother of Jon is? Is there any more to the promise Ned made to his sister? I wonder if there is something there? Please help.
asked by Christopher Corbit, M.D. on July 15, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 38 answers
A
votes
Or his father.
M. Bethke answered on July 19, 2011

A
votes
Jon's mother is Lyanna Stark. His father is Rhaegar Targaryen. Ned only broke his honor twice. Each time was a lie told to protect his family. The last was when he swore that Joffrey was the true heir in order to spare his daughters an ill fate and the first was when he swore to his sister dying in childbed to keep her secret. Of course this is not stated outright anywhere thus far in the books; it's just my theory.
D. Robinson answered on July 29, 2011

A
votes
i'm inclined to agree with D. Robinson..
Abimbola Abereoje answered on August 2, 2011

A
votes
I'm operating on the assumption that Lyanna and Rhaegar were having an affair, she got pregnant, and that's what lead to them running away. Robert couldn't accept that she left him and then assumed the was "kidnapped." It's not a far stretch from someone thinking another dude "stole their girlfriend." And Lyanna forced Ned to protect Jon from Robert's wrath.
N. Ohmer answered on August 25, 2011

A
votes
Read a Dance of Dragons to find the third.
J. Hatfield answered on August 14, 2011

A
vote
OMG, that's freaking brilliant. And it would make sense because none of Ned's kids have strong "northern" features...
I think in the end Jon and Daenarys unit the kingdom...
N. Ohmer answered on August 5, 2011

A
vote
they do kind of tell you who it is and what happens to her, hes kind of forced to leave her for catlyn stark who was betrothed tohis older brothers who is executed by the mad king youll find out why and how and it was one of the things that started the rebellian., but we haven't really heard the whole story of the sister all fantastic books entertaining but all kind of a disapointment
marco feola answered on August 29, 2011

A
vote
My a-hole brother started my pants on fire once. It just felt warm before the horrid pain. Maybe I AM THE DRAGON!!
A. Quigley answered on February 13, 2013

A
votes
I read the first three books: GoT, CoK, SoS, (skipped a feast for crows due to all the bad reviews about it, read the wiki though) and am now on A Dance with dragons. So far, the identity of Jon Snow's mother is still unclear. Although there are some hints dropped here and there, but nothing concrete as of yet.
andy answered on July 16, 2011

A
votes
I have read all of them and steal no solid telling of who Jon snows mother is.
V. Hunter answered on July 18, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›