5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
I love that my showers are filtered now, thanks to this product.

There are cheaper ones out there! I got the full system at Sephora and found this out later. However, this one has not let me down and I can see a difference in my skin tone.

Published on February 11, 2008 by S. Haynes

2.0 out of 5 stars The Test
Published on January 31, 2010 by Daniel A. Levy

2.0 out of 5 stars The Test, January 31, 2010
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
I have actually been using this system for 2 years now and never questioned it, i just assumed it was doing its job. I just recently purchased a dissolved solids meter to check the quality of my tap water and decided to also test how well the Jonathan Beauty Water system was doing. I tested my tap water for dissolved solids (parts per million) and got the following readings from the meter... Cold tap- 38ppm Hot tap 50ppm. Then I tested my Brita water filter that I use for drinking and got a reduced amount of 20ppm, just so I could make sure the meter was working. And when I tested the water coming out of the Jonathan water system, using a brand new filter to be fair, and I got these readings.. Cold shower water- 34ppm, Hot/Lukewarm shower water 50ppm. I was very disappointed that there was no difference in lukewarm to hot water which is what most people shower with, but now that I think about it how could water that is traveling so fast through a shower filter possibly be effective at removing harmful metals. Anyway, I hope this helps some people. Dan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of copper-zinc (kdf 55) filter media in this, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
I purchased this product after my other shower filter system converted their filter media to KDF 55 (copper-zinc chlorine oxidation method). I developed rashes on my scalp, neck, back and shoulders and my eyelids swelled up. I am normally very healthy and not on any medications. I went to my dermatologist, allergist, eye doctor and finally internist trying to determine the cause. I was tested for 200 known allergens, but the tests were negative for anything that would be causing my symptoms. My doctor agreed that I should have extensive blood work done to rule out any systemic disease. Everything came back (luckily) that I was completely healthy. The rash was classified at atopic dermatitis. It seems like it would be simple to figure this out, but at first I didn't know that the filter media had been changed from pure carbon. When I did research and found out, I thought I just needed to add the carbon component to clear up my skin, so I tried this system because it has both and also I couldn't find a pure carbon system. I finally found another shower filter that is carbon only and my symptoms have disappeared.I may be allergic to copper that is leached into the water from this kind of filter media. I am amazed that most of the filtration systems I have looked into contain this new filter media KDF 55 which contains copper and zinc. It is supposedly really good at eliminating chlorine, but if you are sensitive to copper it is a major problem. Please be aware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 11, 2008
S. Haynes (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I love that my showers are filtered now, thanks to this product.

May not be good if you have eczema. I had an eczema flare up when first got this, but it could have been an allergic reaction to something else. I have only had that happen once in the year I've had this system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft skin and voluminous hair, February 25, 2011
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
I bought this about a year and 1/2 ago because I moved to a city with very hard water. My skin and scalp began to bother me (itchy) and my hair was not nearly as soft or voluminous as it was before I moved. I do NOT dye my hair even though most people usually buy this product to help preserve their hair color and to keep it from becoming brassy or blue-tinged. After using Jonathon's beauty water shower purification system, my skin was no longer itchy, I had less problems with my scalp, and my hair became incredibly soft and much more easy to style. There was a HUGE difference!!
I have found that the replacement filters on amazon are much less expensive than where I used to purchase them (a beauty website) and will continue to buy my replacement filters from here as long as they are less expensive than other websites.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent cheaper filter for aqusana head showers, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
This is a good fit for replacement to Aquasana shower head filter and cost cheaper significantly then Aquasana offer.
It seems the same quality like the over priced Aquasana filter and I suspect both use the same source for the filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars the answer to my hair color problems, September 17, 2010
Susan Watts (TENANTS HARBOR, ME, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
I have well water and my hair would never keep its color. I installed the filter and my hair color doesn't turn orange. The stream from the shower head has good pressure too. It was worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for well water, June 12, 2013
Anne E. Martin (Chambersburg, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
We have copper in our well water and this filter is the best one I have found to remove most of the copper from the water in my shower. My hair will stay soft and keep its blonde color for a long time when I use the filter. I hope they never stop making it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jonathan 'Beauty Water' refill cartridge, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
I have well water. My softener and Iron Filter are inadequate. My hair used to be frizzy and I would have to continually get hard water treatments at my salon. Since 2010, when I began using the Jonathan beauty water filter system in my shower, my hair is soft, not frizzy, and even my skin feels soft, not itchy or tight. I love this system and will always buy the refills when my cartridge wears out. It's an amazing product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 17, 2009
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
I like the fact that it removes heavy contaminates from our shower water. My hair is much softer, cleaner feeling. My skin has a notable softness to it also. I am allergic to chlorine so this was the biggest reason of all for me to purchase Jonathan Product Beauty Water Shower Purification System Replacement Filter, it removes the chlorine better than our other filter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best filter I know for the shower, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter (Misc.)
I was given my first Jonathon shower filter system 5 years ago, as a gift, plus two extra filters. I'm allergic to chlorine, so it was greatly appreciated. Since I live alone, I am the only one who uses it. I have replaced the filter only two more times, myself. It really works well, and I can tell when I need to change filters, as I can smell the chlorine in the water coming out.

This filter works, and more affordable than some of the systems being sold.

Jonathan Beauty Water Replacement Filter