Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on January 31, 2010
I have actually been using this system for 2 years now and never questioned it, i just assumed it was doing its job. I just recently purchased a dissolved solids meter to check the quality of my tap water and decided to also test how well the Jonathan Beauty Water system was doing. I tested my tap water for dissolved solids (parts per million) and got the following readings from the meter... Cold tap- 38ppm Hot tap 50ppm. Then I tested my Brita water filter that I use for drinking and got a reduced amount of 20ppm, just so I could make sure the meter was working. And when I tested the water coming out of the Jonathan water system, using a brand new filter to be fair, and I got these readings.. Cold shower water- 34ppm, Hot/Lukewarm shower water 50ppm. I was very disappointed that there was no difference in lukewarm to hot water which is what most people shower with, but now that I think about it how could water that is traveling so fast through a shower filter possibly be effective at removing harmful metals. Anyway, I hope this helps some people. Dan.
on June 2, 2011
I purchased this product after my other shower filter system converted their filter media to KDF 55 (copper-zinc chlorine oxidation method). I developed rashes on my scalp, neck, back and shoulders and my eyelids swelled up. I am normally very healthy and not on any medications. I went to my dermatologist, allergist, eye doctor and finally internist trying to determine the cause. I was tested for 200 known allergens, but the tests were negative for anything that would be causing my symptoms. My doctor agreed that I should have extensive blood work done to rule out any systemic disease. Everything came back (luckily) that I was completely healthy. The rash was classified at atopic dermatitis. It seems like it would be simple to figure this out, but at first I didn't know that the filter media had been changed from pure carbon. When I did research and found out, I thought I just needed to add the carbon component to clear up my skin, so I tried this system because it has both and also I couldn't find a pure carbon system. I finally found another shower filter that is carbon only and my symptoms have disappeared.I may be allergic to copper that is leached into the water from this kind of filter media. I am amazed that most of the filtration systems I have looked into contain this new filter media KDF 55 which contains copper and zinc. It is supposedly really good at eliminating chlorine, but if you are sensitive to copper it is a major problem. Please be aware.
4949 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2011
I bought this about a year and 1/2 ago because I moved to a city with very hard water. My skin and scalp began to bother me (itchy) and my hair was not nearly as soft or voluminous as it was before I moved. I do NOT dye my hair even though most people usually buy this product to help preserve their hair color and to keep it from becoming brassy or blue-tinged. After using Jonathon's beauty water shower purification system, my skin was no longer itchy, I had less problems with my scalp, and my hair became incredibly soft and much more easy to style. There was a HUGE difference!!
I have found that the replacement filters on amazon are much less expensive than where I used to purchase them (a beauty website) and will continue to buy my replacement filters from here as long as they are less expensive than other websites.
on February 11, 2008
I love that my showers are filtered now, thanks to this product.

There are cheaper ones out there! I got the full system at Sephora and found this out later. However, this one has not let me down and I can see a difference in my skin tone.

May not be good if you have eczema. I had an eczema flare up when first got this, but it could have been an allergic reaction to something else. I have only had that happen once in the year I've had this system.
on June 6, 2011
I have asthma, all my life since birth. My doctor 3 years ago, was prescribing me three different types of asthma meds, today, I haven't used an inhaler for over 3 years. WhenI would take showers, on ocasions, I would weeze from all of the chlorine in the water,iturns to vapor, in the shower, not to mention all the 200+ other chemicals put in the water. But with this shower filter, I was impressed how good of a job they do, I smell no chlorine, only fresh water. Thanks Jonathan Products, your well appeciated by me. Also, I drink distilled water, to increase the amount of oxygen in the body, ridding toxins easier. I recommend it for anyone whom suffers from asthma. And everyone else, they shouldn't put all those "unnessessary" chemicals in our water. Chlorine is a known cancer causing agent. Also, Fluoride acummulates in the body, causing brain damage, destroying the thyroid gland, destroying your kidneys, and overall, your immune system. And all of us taxpayers, pay for this stuff to be put in there. Shipped from China, most of it. They spnd millions of our tax money, to poison us? How mean.
on April 21, 2015
For years I spent boku $$$$ on platinum highlights to my naturally blonde hair every other month, only to have them fade to dingy yellow within 2 weeks. After being told by my longtime stylist for years that my hair "just had too much red in it to stay blonde," I finally decided it was time to find a professional (aka super expensive) BLONDE colorist. The FIRST thing she asked me when I told her my hair always turned yellow was: what kind of water do you have, well or city? When I told her I had city water, her response was: "It's not your hair, it's your water." After doing some research, I found out that the water in my city is high in minerals and very hard, so I after some research I decided to try out this filter in addition to Malibu Blonde hair treatments. Three months later I am THRILLED to say that those highlights I paid that expensive colorist tons of money for are still there, still platinum, and still looking super natural exactly like I wanted! I haven't had to go back to the colorist since, they have stayed so "true!" Not only has my blonde been "fixed," but my naturally thin, unmanageable and friz-prone hair is now soft, supple and even a little bit shiny (never in my life have I had shiny hair!). It doesn't end with my hair either--my skin is much softer and more supple without all the chlorine, so much so that my husband even noticed and asked if I "bought new lotion or something?" No new lotion--I barely need skin lotion at all anymore, despite the frigid temps over the past few months. I CANNOT believe the improvement in my life since installing this thing, and even though these replacement filters are pricey, I will be buying one every 3 months as long as I'm able. I wish they made one for a bathtub faucet so my kids could use it for their baths! As soon as they are old enough to take showers, I will definitely be buying another Jonathan water filter!
on June 12, 2013
We have copper in our well water and this filter is the best one I have found to remove most of the copper from the water in my shower. My hair will stay soft and keep its blonde color for a long time when I use the filter. I hope they never stop making it!!
on February 13, 2012
I was given my first Jonathon shower filter system 5 years ago, as a gift, plus two extra filters. I'm allergic to chlorine, so it was greatly appreciated. Since I live alone, I am the only one who uses it. I have replaced the filter only two more times, myself. It really works well, and I can tell when I need to change filters, as I can smell the chlorine in the water coming out.

This filter works, and more affordable than some of the systems being sold.
on January 25, 2012
I have well water. My softener and Iron Filter are inadequate. My hair used to be frizzy and I would have to continually get hard water treatments at my salon. Since 2010, when I began using the Jonathan beauty water filter system in my shower, my hair is soft, not frizzy, and even my skin feels soft, not itchy or tight. I love this system and will always buy the refills when my cartridge wears out. It's an amazing product!
on November 19, 2015
I generally replace this filter every 6 months, and when I replace it I generally forget about it but then a friend will say "Your hair looks nice today, what did you do?" and I have to think about it for awhile, nothing comes to mind, and then I remember I had just switched out the shower filter! So that probably means I could change it out more frequently, but good to know it does make a difference in the appearance/feel/softness of my hair.