5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT for traveling to Disney World!
We have a 1 year old and a 5 year old. When planning our trip to Disney World we knew that the 1 year old would require a stroller with the following items:
- ability to recline for nap time
- large canopy for blocking sun
- food tray for eating snacks while walking around the park
- easy folding for getting on and off of transport trams
- storage...
Published on March 15, 2011 by Jonathan and Ben's Mom

2.0 out of 5 stars My arms have never been so strong
I shopped around a lot before purchasing this stroller and I am SOOOO disappointed. Here are some pros and cons.

Pros - ultralight. They weren't kidding here. It is a lot lighter and easier to lift up my stairs than others have been
- Good sun shade. Most stroller shades are totally useless. this one is fine
- handles well on smooth, flat...
Published on July 10, 2010 by L_mom

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT for traveling to Disney World!, March 15, 2011
- ability to recline for nap time
- large canopy for blocking sun
- food tray for eating snacks while walking around the park
- easy folding for getting on and off of transport trams
- storage for snacks, diaper bag, other items
- place for the adults to put water bottles or other items
- easily maneuverable for getting through crazy crowds
That's a lot of "must have's"! We also wanted something that would allow for our 5 year old to take a break when needed. It was also nice to help contain him in heavy crowd areas.

This stroller did it all! Both of my boys loved riding around in it and I never had a single problem with the stroller. The basket is big and whatever we could not fit below we hung from the back bar. The side pockets in the bottom bag is also nice for getting at things quickly. I could push the stroller and turn corners by only pushing with one hand it worked so well. We also looked at the Joovy Ergo stroller but felt it was too large to handle and not allowing the baby to recline was a deal breaker. Long days at parks mean the baby has to have a place to take a nap at some point. I found the shade helped a lot but I also used a light blanket (aden and anais swaddle blankets are perfect) over it as well to help block breezes and other distractions. My older son was jealous of the cool "fort" that it created.

We also purchased the sun cover and the rain cover. Neither of which we ended up using but do fit nicely on the stroller.

The stroller was great for traveling through the airport as well and was simple to fold and open with one hand.

Overall I would recommend this to anyone with two children especially for traveling through big parks like Disney World.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 14, 2012
The Baby Trend Stroller is a good option for someone with kids close in age, but if your kids are further apart a "sit and stand" double stroller may suit you better. The younger child sits up front and the older one gets to sit or stand in the back. My kids are 3 years apart and the Joovy Caboose Ultralight was the perfect choice for us. It's great for zoos, aquarium, parks, shopping, etc. It is moderately prices at around $230.

Here are some things I took into consideration when choosing a double stroller.

1) Weight: how much does the stroller weight? My wife came along to test some of these strollers and lifting most of them into an SUV or Minivan is not an easy task.

2) Size: How big is it when it get folded up? If you have a sedan you can forget about trying to put anything else in your trunk after your double stroller is in it.

3) Comfort\Compatibility\Scalibility: How comfortable is it for your kid? Will it suit my kids needs? Can they grow with this stroller or will they outgrow it in a year?

4) Functionality: How well does it work? Is it easy to use?

Here are my pro's and con's with our stroller

Pro's

1) Looks great, many different colors to choose from. We get looks and complements from other parents saying how cool the stoller looks. Expecting moms always turn to their husbands say, honey, this is the one I want.

2) Folds up much smaller and is lighter than most doubles. It is 21 lbs. The frame is made of metal and feels very solid

3) The back sets gives my older son the "big boy" feel. He has choices as to if he wants to sit or stand. He can ride looking forwards or backwards. There's been times when I had my younger one in front with my older one and his friend standing in the back. They thought it was so cool to ride together.

4) Has an infant carrier attachment you can install in the front seat. This allow you to use this stroller once #2 comes out and can last you until your younger one outgrows the front seat.

5) Easy to put together and use. The stroller has a few pieces to snap in and setup is very straight forward. It is also a lot shorter and compact than most doubles

6) Has some nice features. Big bucket for storage, back seat slides over buckets and keeps belonging a bit safer. Parents Neoprene organizer can we removed and washed. Big canopy that provides cover both kids.

Con's

1) Not too nap friendly. If the older one needs to nap, he is out of luck. He has to lean against the side rail or sit in the front seat, which he is usually too big for. If the young on up front is sleeping and you want to recline his seat it will take space away from the back seat. the older one has to sit slightly leaning forward or stand at that point.

2) Catch 22, To access the storage bucket below the older child has to get up for you to access, but the child sitting on top of the door keeps belonging safe. The thief has to steal your kid before they get to your wallet. may not be a bad thing in some cases, lol.

3) It doesn't "stand" by itself when folded. You have to lock the wheels and lean it against something, can get annoying if its raining or if you have your hands full. Wheel locks are also hard to get to when folded.

4) Requires 2 hands to fold

5) Gets hard to maneuver if you have the heavy kid in front and lighter kid in the back

5.0 out of 5 stars 125% satisfaction, March 8, 2011
This review is from: Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller, Black (Baby Product)
I am so happy with this stroller I had to write a review. i've never taken the time to do this but i am so impressed with this stroller i wanted to let everyone know! the stroller is very well made and sturdy but at the same time light enough for me to handle (i am 5'2" and 110lbs and have a compact chevy malibu). it folds up nice and small and fits right into the trunk without me having to push and pull. the kids love it! the front seat is roomy and secure and the back is perfect for my 2 1/2 yr old. he loves the option of sitting or standing. the basket is roomy and the parent organizer is wonderful! canopy is extra large and covers both kids. the tray is great for the little or big one. maueverability of the stroller is awesome! i can easily push it one handed. it's my best purchase yet and i've already been through 4 strollers! love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd tried it sooner - Perfect for infant and toddler, August 9, 2011
I have been searching for the perfect stroller for a year now! My kids are now 3.5 and 18 months. My 3.5 year old still usually wants to ride. My 18 month old doesn't want to ride, but I make him so he doesn't wander away.

I started with the Combi Twin Sport. If I was only pushing one kid it pushed horribly! Plus the wheels were too small to go over sidewalk cracks.

I tried a Sit n' Stand. It didn't work with my chicco carseat and I felt like I was pushing around a bus.

I got a Phil & Teds Sport. I LOVEd this when my youngest was a baby. But now that he is bigger he doesn't want to ride in that lower seat and I don't blame him! Plus it is very hard to get him in and out.

I got a Kelty Deuce Jogging Stroller. It is nice for jogging, but it doesn't fit through doorways so you can't use it for anything else.

I WISH I had just purchased this Joovy from the beginning. Here is what I like:
Both kids can easily ride. Or just one can ride and it doesn't make it feel off balance like a side by side.
My older child can easily hop in and out.
The seat almost fully reclines. It is easy to recline it too.
It holds a car seat.
It is very easy to fold
It isn't much bigger than a single stroller
It is fairly lightweight.
Both kids can be covered by sunshade.

What I don't like:
Compared to the Phil and Teds it isn't that easy to push, but it does alright.
It is hard to get into that lower basket.

I think the solution for me is going to be to keep this one in the trunk for trips to the store and the mall and whatnot. I also want to buy a BOB for walks and runs. Yikes, that is a lot of money! But I do highly reccomend this stroller if you have a toddler and a baby or an older toddler and a younger toddler!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate double stroller, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller, Black (Baby Product)
I can't say enough how much I LOVE this stroller. I neurotically agonized over which double stroller I wanted to buy (since our first was a Graco DuoGlider and I might as well have just set $225 on fire), and I am so glad I chose this one. We started using it when my oldest was 2 1/2 and my youngest was just barely 1, and it has been perfect for our needs. Even when I only have the 1 year old with me, this stroller is small enough to use with just her- I no longer have to remember to switch the strollers in my trunk when I go out. I didn't buy this stroller as my initial double stroller because I was afraid my first child would be too young to sit in the jump seat (and not have enough room even if she could), but now that Joovy makes a seat converter to make the jump seat a forward-facing seat, I think this stroller will be fine for us when we have our next baby. The sun shade is huge and great for both kids, but not too bulky when we don't need to use it. Weight-wise, this is the lightest heavy-duty double stroller out there- I have no trouble lifting it in and out of my car. Overall: if you have one kid who needs to be in a stroller and one who likes to walk sometimes, GET THIS STROLLER. If you need to use an infant carrier and have another child who still needs to be in a stroller, consider buying the jump seat converter and GET THIS STROLLER . :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparing the Joovy Caboose Ultralight and the Graco Roomfor2 Stand and Ride, July 8, 2013
I've owned both the Joovy Caboose Ultralight and the Graco Roomfor2 Stand and Ride (among about a dozen other strollers), and I have to say the Graco is better.

Joovy Pros -
-Looks much cooler. Comes in groovy colors.
-Easier to reach the underseat basket.
-Canopy is a little bigger.

Joovy Cons -
-Clumsy two-handed fold
-Folded stroller is pretty long
-Difficult to steer with one hand
-Heavier than the Graco (I think. Or maybe it just seemed that way because the folded stroller was SO awkward to pick up.)
-When the front seat is reclined, the kid in the back can't sit down; he or she has to stand.
-Underseat basket ripped within a few months of owning the stroller
-Front seat is really short. Also, there's really no place for your kid to rest his or her legs. My daughter's feet were dangling awkwardly off the front of the stroller.
-Much more $$$ than the Graco. Amazon sells it for about $220 and up.

Graco Pros -
-Easy one--handed fold.
-Collapsed stroller is very easy to pick up and put in your car.
-Easy to steer one-handed. Mind you, I have two kids who weigh a total of 65 pounds together, so this might be different if you have big kids.
-Love the included parent console and the snack/sippy tray for the kids.
-Seats are larger and more comfy for the kids.
-Front seat has a footrest.
-Kid in the back can still sit if the front seat is reclined.
-Much cheaper than the Joovy - about $130 on Amazon.

Graco Cons -
-It's not as sleek and modern-looking as the Joovy. The one I got is black and grey, so it's by no means as offensive to my aesthetic sensibilities as other strollers out there, but it's just not super mod-looking.
-Underseat basket is huge but can be tricky to access from the top. The sides are elasticized, so I usually just stick stuff in there that way.
-The canopy isn't as big.

All in all, the Graco wins. Sure, it's not as purty as the Joovy, but as a busy mom with two kids, form has to take a backseat to function. We use our Graco for trips to Disneyland, the mall, and the park. It's a cinch to maneuver in crowded or narrow aisles at the store, and I love, love, LOVE the one-handed fold. Best purchase ever!

4.0 out of 5 stars joovy caboose ultralight, April 16, 2011
I'm a mom that carries a very small diaper bag (essentials only) and aims for streamlined, light, minimal "stuff". The stroller I've been using for my now 2 yo is a Maclaren Triumph, which I loved--no travel system for me. Then I had my second baby. I wanted a stroller that would work for both kids, with the "soul" of my Maclaren: light, maneuverable, easy to use, and I didn't want to pay $300+. And I'll admit it, I wanted a cupholder for a water bottle. :) Was I looking for the impossible? No! The Joovy Caboose Ultralight is light enough to easily put in and out of my car, easy to collapse/expand, doesn't seem like too much stroller with only one kiddo in it, and maneuvers well...and the (included) parent organizer had my cupholder. Sure, I can't turn on a dime with 65+ lbs of baby in it, but I can take it through a packed farmer's market with no problem.
Important note about the bench seat: Lots of reviews I read complain that there's not a way to secure the bench seat in the "seated position" and it slides back and forth. There are straps underneath to secure it in the "seated" position. They're "hidden" by velcro to the bottom of the seat, and *mentioned in the instructions*.
My only complaint: the cushy black foam on the rider's handle was torn a little when the stroller arrived and the tear is getting bigger from wear.
In short, I couldn't be happier.
*Update: 2 years later...My kids are now 2 and 4 yo, and we still get quite a bit of use out of our Joovy. (We still use it almost daily for evening walks as a family.) The black foam on one rider's handle is completely gone now, but the rest of the stroller is holding up great and I'm still really happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest review from a Dad, May 18, 2013
This is a GREAT stroller for its price, feature, and function - bar none.
PROS:
-Ball bearing wheels mean this thing does move easily - once it starts moving.
-Put the heavier child in the back. Should the big kid sit up front and the lighter one in the back, you'll end up with a top-heavy stroller that's hard to turn (applies to all strollers).
-The rear bench seat slides. You can/should move it all the way back to give the rear child more hear room if they are seating facing the parent.
-This thing has a solid construction.

TIPS to really make you love this thing.
-Search for a small elastic/budgie cargo net. Hook it to the rear handle bar and now the rear child can also seat FORWARD facing and relax/fall asleep! The parent cup holder can stretch and slide down to become the head rests. Joovy should pay me for this :)
-When folding this stroller, if you slide the rear adjustable seat all the way back, it folds down and compresses EVEN MORE!

CONS:
-I do dislike that the front tray (or universal car seat adapter *cough* metal bar) is snapped in and protrudes quite a bit. This defeats the compact size. It should have a up or down-wards locking and folding option.
-If the rear child is seating forward facing, the feet 'can' push the basket, touching the front wheels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, July 1, 2011
C. Mason (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
Ok, I'm a BOB mommy to be honest. As much as I love my BOB Duallie, there are just certain situations where it's too wide, for example going to the mall. We needed a stroller that allowed our two little ones to be comfortable, was narrow enough to fit through aisles, and easy to maneuver. This one fit the bill!! It is wonderful to use at places like Sea World or the zoo because it allows our older daughter (almost 3) the freedom to get out and explore and yet offer her somewhere to sit and rest when she gets tired. It is very light and fits very nicely in our van (2011 Sienna). Much much much better than the Graco Duo that I used to have and very quickly got rid of (heavy, bulky, hard to steer). You can even use only one hand on the Joovy with no problem!! I got the orange model and love the color. My baby (10 months) is very comfortable in the front seat. She always seems to fall asleep in it, and I love that you can move that little section up so her little feet don't just hang there. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 1/2 years of great use, June 26, 2012
t "t" (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This stroller has made life with two children who are within two years of each other much easier. I tested some classic double strollers with seating for both children, but all of them were just so huge--either too long to push over the bumps in our older neighborhood's sidewalk or too wide to fit through aisles when shopping. This stroller is just slightly bigger than my old single stroller, and actually folds up smaller (in fact, without the removable hood and snack tray, it's only wider but not longer than my umbrella stroller).

Features that have been useful for us:

1) You can put a Graco carseat behind the front full seat (instead of using the attachment to put it over the front seat). Although the stroller is not designed for that purpose, using it that way allowed me to keep my 2-year-old in the front seat until her sister was about 8 months old. You kind of tilt the carseat in and it fits snugly between the handles designed for a standing child. Both kids are facing forward, and it works well until your baby gets tired of the carseat or starts kicking the back of the front seat.

2) Both seats have straps--a 5-point harness for the front seat and a 3-point seatbelt for the bench seat in back. This was helpful when our baby had moved to the front seat and my older daughter was still only 2 (and kind of a wanderer).

3) The seat cover is removable for the front seat. I do sometimes wish that the armrests of the front seat were not cloth-covered, as they get dirty quickly if my daughter eats something while in her stroller, but the cover is washable. It has some faint smudges that haven't come off with one or two attempts at plain laundering after 2 1/2 years of regular use, but I think that's to be expected.

4) The sun canopy is wide and contoured and can easily be angled to offer the best sun protection.

5) The basket is not huge, but big enough to stash a couple of kids' light jackets, an adult sweater, and a smaller pouch of necessities or shopping bag. I usually hang my diaper bag from the handles, and the stroller doesn't tip over because it's nicely balanced.

6) It's extremely lightweight for a double stroller (I'm a very small woman and can lift it easily and carry it around) and steers easily with one hand on a smooth surface (even when I have a 2 and 4 year old in it). It's also not hard to push on uneven surfaces, though two hands are required.

7) The cupholder is adequate--I've ended up using the zipper pocket in the center much more than I thought, and it has some other slip pockets (two small and one large) for small items, plus two cup holders. The cupholders are fine for a closed bottle and usually fine for a lidded cup of coffee or a soft drink. I did once brush lightly against my coffee cup in a tight elevator, and because of the design of the cupholder (it is snug fabric and puts slight tension on the cup), the lid came off, and the cupholder compressed my cup so that liquid sprayed out--not good. But now I just keep an eye on it, and it's fine.

Things I'm not crazy about (only minor):

The cupholder, but it doesn't even bother me enough to buy a different one. Also, I wish the fabric were a more stain-resistant or washed a bit better.

ARRAY(0x8f2eeaf8)