Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller, Black
Color: BlackChange
Price:$199.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 15, 2011
We have a 1 year old and a 5 year old. When planning our trip to Disney World we knew that the 1 year old would require a stroller with the following items:
- ability to recline for nap time
- large canopy for blocking sun
- food tray for eating snacks while walking around the park
- easy folding for getting on and off of transport trams
- storage for snacks, diaper bag, other items
- place for the adults to put water bottles or other items
- easily maneuverable for getting through crazy crowds
That's a lot of "must have's"! We also wanted something that would allow for our 5 year old to take a break when needed. It was also nice to help contain him in heavy crowd areas.

This stroller did it all! Both of my boys loved riding around in it and I never had a single problem with the stroller. The basket is big and whatever we could not fit below we hung from the back bar. The side pockets in the bottom bag is also nice for getting at things quickly. I could push the stroller and turn corners by only pushing with one hand it worked so well. We also looked at the Joovy Ergo stroller but felt it was too large to handle and not allowing the baby to recline was a deal breaker. Long days at parks mean the baby has to have a place to take a nap at some point. I found the shade helped a lot but I also used a light blanket (aden and anais swaddle blankets are perfect) over it as well to help block breezes and other distractions. My older son was jealous of the cool "fort" that it created.

We also purchased the sun cover and the rain cover. Neither of which we ended up using but do fit nicely on the stroller.

The stroller was great for traveling through the airport as well and was simple to fold and open with one hand.

Overall I would recommend this to anyone with two children especially for traveling through big parks like Disney World.
review image
on June 14, 2012
The Baby Trend Stroller is a good option for someone with kids close in age, but if your kids are further apart a "sit and stand" double stroller may suit you better. The younger child sits up front and the older one gets to sit or stand in the back. My kids are 3 years apart and the Joovy Caboose Ultralight was the perfect choice for us. It's great for zoos, aquarium, parks, shopping, etc. It is moderately prices at around $230.

Here are some things I took into consideration when choosing a double stroller.

1) Weight: how much does the stroller weight? My wife came along to test some of these strollers and lifting most of them into an SUV or Minivan is not an easy task.

2) Size: How big is it when it get folded up? If you have a sedan you can forget about trying to put anything else in your trunk after your double stroller is in it.

3) Comfort\Compatibility\Scalibility: How comfortable is it for your kid? Will it suit my kids needs? Can they grow with this stroller or will they outgrow it in a year?

4) Functionality: How well does it work? Is it easy to use?

Here are my pro's and con's with our stroller

Pro's

1) Looks great, many different colors to choose from. We get looks and complements from other parents saying how cool the stoller looks. Expecting moms always turn to their husbands say, honey, this is the one I want.

2) Folds up much smaller and is lighter than most doubles. It is 21 lbs. The frame is made of metal and feels very solid

3) The back sets gives my older son the "big boy" feel. He has choices as to if he wants to sit or stand. He can ride looking forwards or backwards. There's been times when I had my younger one in front with my older one and his friend standing in the back. They thought it was so cool to ride together.

4) Has an infant carrier attachment you can install in the front seat. This allow you to use this stroller once #2 comes out and can last you until your younger one outgrows the front seat.

5) Easy to put together and use. The stroller has a few pieces to snap in and setup is very straight forward. It is also a lot shorter and compact than most doubles

6) Has some nice features. Big bucket for storage, back seat slides over buckets and keeps belonging a bit safer. Parents Neoprene organizer can we removed and washed. Big canopy that provides cover both kids.

Con's

1) Not too nap friendly. If the older one needs to nap, he is out of luck. He has to lean against the side rail or sit in the front seat, which he is usually too big for. If the young on up front is sleeping and you want to recline his seat it will take space away from the back seat. the older one has to sit slightly leaning forward or stand at that point.

2) Catch 22, To access the storage bucket below the older child has to get up for you to access, but the child sitting on top of the door keeps belonging safe. The thief has to steal your kid before they get to your wallet. may not be a bad thing in some cases, lol.

3) It doesn't "stand" by itself when folded. You have to lock the wheels and lean it against something, can get annoying if its raining or if you have your hands full. Wheel locks are also hard to get to when folded.

4) Requires 2 hands to fold

5) Gets hard to maneuver if you have the heavy kid in front and lighter kid in the back
on May 18, 2013
This is a GREAT stroller for its price, feature, and function - bar none.
PROS:
-Ball bearing wheels mean this thing does move easily - once it starts moving.
-Put the heavier child in the back. Should the big kid sit up front and the lighter one in the back, you'll end up with a top-heavy stroller that's hard to turn (applies to all strollers).
-The rear bench seat slides. You can/should move it all the way back to give the rear child more hear room if they are seating facing the parent.
-This thing has a solid construction.

TIPS to really make you love this thing.
-Search for a small elastic/budgie cargo net. Hook it to the rear handle bar and now the rear child can also seat FORWARD facing and relax/fall asleep! The parent cup holder can stretch and slide down to become the head rests. Joovy should pay me for this :)
-When folding this stroller, if you slide the rear adjustable seat all the way back, it folds down and compresses EVEN MORE!

CONS:
-I do dislike that the front tray (or universal car seat adapter *cough* metal bar) is snapped in and protrudes quite a bit. This defeats the compact size. It should have a up or down-wards locking and folding option.
-If the rear child is seating forward facing, the feet 'can' push the basket, touching the front wheels.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 26, 2013
We have a toddler (20 months) and a newborn and needed a compact, lightweight stroller for trips to the mall, park, etc. I settled on the Joovy because it had the smallest folded dimensions of similar tandem strollers that I reviewed - we needed something that would fit in the small truck of a hybrid car, and this fits beautifully! For my toddler, I bought the additional velcro-in rear seat addition (called the Joovy Too?) Overall, I would greatly recommend this product.

Pros:
-Super compact
-Fairly manueverable
-Toddler easily gets in & out of the back, and actually has room with the Joovy Too seat adapter, although it doesn't look that way

Cons:
-Although the umbrella/sunshade's detachability makes it smaller when folded, the need to remove it / re-attach it creates a small amount of extra hassle when loading and unloading the stroller
-The infant's car seat (a Graco) fits in the adapter well, but I was surprised the design does not create a "lock" like the adapter on my BOB stroller. Instead, it has a safety strap to secure it.
-Toddler slightly over-reclined in the velcro seat adapter & slides down into the cargo basket if not buckled in
review image review image
on March 8, 2011
I am so happy with this stroller I had to write a review. i've never taken the time to do this but i am so impressed with this stroller i wanted to let everyone know! the stroller is very well made and sturdy but at the same time light enough for me to handle (i am 5'2" and 110lbs and have a compact chevy malibu). it folds up nice and small and fits right into the trunk without me having to push and pull. the kids love it! the front seat is roomy and secure and the back is perfect for my 2 1/2 yr old. he loves the option of sitting or standing. the basket is roomy and the parent organizer is wonderful! canopy is extra large and covers both kids. the tray is great for the little or big one. maueverability of the stroller is awesome! i can easily push it one handed. it's my best purchase yet and i've already been through 4 strollers! love it!
on March 25, 2012
After reading all the reviews between this Ultralight and the BabyTrends Sit-N-Stand, I was set on getting the Joovy. I almost ordered it on the spot, but thought I should probably see one in person first.

Found a local retailer who had these in stock and was able to try it out. It's a good thing we did.

Although our BabyTrends FlexLoc car seat fit perfectly in place, when our 4yr old (just turned 4) stood on the back, she felt the need to keep leaning back, so as to avoid having the car seat in her face/chest. And although the stroller is a "Stand-On Tandem Stroller", as the name suggests, the description on the Joovy site says that: "The patented Stand-On-Tandem design gives your older child the freedom to choose between walking, standing and sitting." But with any car seat in place, the older child actually does NOT have a place to sit because the back position of the front seat has to be completely down in order to house a car seat, which takes up all the space for the bench-seat on the back. My 4yr old loved standing in it, but for long walks or day trips to an amusement park, I know she would be way too tired to stand anymore.

As for the weight or maneuverability, yes, it's light, but for a 5'2" mom, it was still a bit heavy. The BabyTrends Sit-N-Stand DX is a bit heavier, but still too heavy for me. Maneuverability was good, but I thought it was the same with the BabyTrends DX. The footprint of the BabyTrends is slightly larger than the Joovy, but not by much and is still smaller than a full-size double.

So, we went back to look at the BabyTrends DX and found it to be better for our needs. It allowed our 4yr old to actually sit down, even with car seat in place, it had lots of cup holders, which turns out to be very useful, and it was a lot cheaper than the Joovy.

We liked the look and feel of the Joovy, but after actually trying it out, it just didn't suit our needs. This would probably work best for those who don't need to have the younger child sit in a car seat.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 1, 2011
Ok, I'm a BOB mommy to be honest. As much as I love my BOB Duallie, there are just certain situations where it's too wide, for example going to the mall. We needed a stroller that allowed our two little ones to be comfortable, was narrow enough to fit through aisles, and easy to maneuver. This one fit the bill!! It is wonderful to use at places like Sea World or the zoo because it allows our older daughter (almost 3) the freedom to get out and explore and yet offer her somewhere to sit and rest when she gets tired. It is very light and fits very nicely in our van (2011 Sienna). Much much much better than the Graco Duo that I used to have and very quickly got rid of (heavy, bulky, hard to steer). You can even use only one hand on the Joovy with no problem!! I got the orange model and love the color. My baby (10 months) is very comfortable in the front seat. She always seems to fall asleep in it, and I love that you can move that little section up so her little feet don't just hang there. You won't regret it.
review image review image
on August 9, 2011
I have been searching for the perfect stroller for a year now! My kids are now 3.5 and 18 months. My 3.5 year old still usually wants to ride. My 18 month old doesn't want to ride, but I make him so he doesn't wander away.

I started with the Combi Twin Sport. If I was only pushing one kid it pushed horribly! Plus the wheels were too small to go over sidewalk cracks.

I tried a Sit n' Stand. It didn't work with my chicco carseat and I felt like I was pushing around a bus.

I got a Phil & Teds Sport. I LOVEd this when my youngest was a baby. But now that he is bigger he doesn't want to ride in that lower seat and I don't blame him! Plus it is very hard to get him in and out.

I got a Kelty Deuce Jogging Stroller. It is nice for jogging, but it doesn't fit through doorways so you can't use it for anything else.

I WISH I had just purchased this Joovy from the beginning. Here is what I like:
Both kids can easily ride. Or just one can ride and it doesn't make it feel off balance like a side by side.
My older child can easily hop in and out.
The seat almost fully reclines. It is easy to recline it too.
It holds a car seat.
It is very easy to fold
It isn't much bigger than a single stroller
It is fairly lightweight.
Both kids can be covered by sunshade.

What I don't like:
Compared to the Phil and Teds it isn't that easy to push, but it does alright.
It is hard to get into that lower basket.

I think the solution for me is going to be to keep this one in the trunk for trips to the store and the mall and whatnot. I also want to buy a BOB for walks and runs. Yikes, that is a lot of money! But I do highly reccomend this stroller if you have a toddler and a baby or an older toddler and a younger toddler!
on March 16, 2013
I have a 27 month old and a 4 month old and am very happy with this purchase. We own a chicco key fit and I really wanted the ability to put the car seat in the stoller. My 2 year old is not ready for the sit and stand and needs more than a bench so we bought the Joovy "too" seat and with that in place we can still put the car seat in. One drawback is that with the "too" seat in use, the basket becomes unusable. For us that was not a deal breaker because a) I know I will not be using this with the too seat for that long and b) I know that a bigger basket would generally mean a larger and heavier stroller. As it is, the Joovy is pretty lightweight and easy to use for a double stroller. I thought seriously about buying a Baby Jogger single and adding a seat but I didn't like that it was both more money and heavier. I was worried I might not be happy with the Joovy but it has met and exceeded all my expectations. I can't recommend it enough!
on May 15, 2014
Really thought I had found a double based on reviews and research I had done. I really don't understand how more reviewers are not sharing the biggest deal breaker on this stroller. Yes it is lightweight and compact. and fantastic that it's on the same footprint as a single. All that comes with a cost though. My smaller than average 2 year old cannot sit on the bench without the back of the front seat jabbing him in the back of his neck. The front seat doesn't sit upright enough (still has a recline fully in the upright position). The only solution is to slide the bench completely forward, but then he cannot use the footrest comfortably. I cannot imagine even attempting to recline the front seat or put an infant seat in it. Needless to say, it went straight back into the box. So thankful Amazon takes returns!