Published on April 26, 2012 by Paul A. Dirks

1.0 out of 5 stars looks good, behaves badly
This is an attractive-looking product that I initially saw in the MOMA design store. Unfortunately, it is much less attractive after it melts in the pot. The packaging claims that it is heat resistant up to 210 degrees, but it's not. Don't buy this if you plan to use it.
Published 21 months ago by eddy

1.0 out of 5 stars looks good, behaves badly, November 9, 2012
eddy (new york, ny USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Lotus Folding Steamer Basket, Green and Dark Green (Kitchen)

1.0 out of 5 stars It melts! Skip this piece of pretty junk., November 12, 2012
It melted on the first use while steaming some broccoli. Didn't run out of water or anything, it just melted under completely normal use. What a shame, cause it's really pretty.

1.0 out of 5 stars It Melts, Seriously, November 5, 2012
Had it on the top rack of the dishwasher, and it was touching a metal tong and it deformed slightly. Weird, but no big deal. Steamed some broccoli and two of the flaps completely melted.

I guess its too much to assume a steamer can handle high temps. Piece of junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yes... another melting case., January 3, 2013
I loved it at first sight... then it melted in my nice new Calphalon pot the very first time I used it. Luckily it came off cause Calphalon is awesome, but I was pretty bummed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't stand the heat, March 26, 2013
This steamer really can't stand the heat of an ordinary gas stove. It melted on its first use when trying to steam some green beans. This may only be dishwasher or microwave-safe, even if it claims to be stove-top worthy. Don't take the risk.

1.0 out of 5 stars It melted!, November 15, 2012
pmcasa (Redwood City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this after reading the 5-star reviews and do not understand how it could be rated so highly. The first time I used it to steam some fingerling potatoes, it melted! Not just a bit but pretty much completely. (I posted pictures of it). I am returning it & returning to my stainless steel steamer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Melted, November 13, 2012
It was nice the first time that I used it but the sides melted on the second use. Returning it for a metal seamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disregard previous review; but if you have only one pot, measure it., April 26, 2012
This is the best steaming basket that I have found in many years. The old metal ones that I used at one time barely held enough veggies for two. Not this one. Yes, it is somewhat taller than those old steamers for three reasons: it's bigger, has longer "legs," and has a taller handle. The first provides more capacity, the second allows for more water at the bottom of the pot (you don't have to worry so much about running out of water before the steaming is complete), and the third makes it easier to lift it out of the pot without burning your fingers. On top of all that, it's pretty!

With all due respect to the previous reviewer, the problem was not that it's too tall. It was that your pot is too small. The dimensions are listed on the item's page on amazon.com.

1.0 out of 5 stars way too big and need a huge pot, September 15, 2013
L. Moon (los angeles) - See all my reviews
I bought this and returned it. I liked that it was different then the steel ones that drive me crazy with the legs or leaves falling off. Seems sturdy but when i placed it in my pot it was way way too big. I had to pull my biggest pot and use tons of water to fill it and even then the lid barely fit. The instructions say you need a certain amount of clearance to put a lid on.. does not work with me. back to the cheap falling pieces for me until i find another system.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yep. It melted., March 6, 2014
As many previous reviewers have said, this thing is NOT heat resistant. I put mine in a regular Calphalon pot and, within minutes it began to melt. Luckily I caught it and got it out. But it was so unfortunate. Also, this thing did not fit in most of my standard sized pots (and I have a well dressed kitchen), because of how tall the middle stem is. Poor product.

Rate and Discover Movies