Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: DiaryChange

on November 29, 2010
This review is for the SOAR Journal Soar Journal (Notebook, Diary) (Guided Journals Series). I took a good long look at all the journals available for sale on Amazon and I picked out FOUR Peter Pauper journals. This one is spiral bound, and the front and back covers are made of a very strong cardboard that does not easily bend. It's sturdy and well-made (no wimpy wire here!), and the paper is lined. The lines are not very dark, just enough to give you a guide. The paper also has 3 half-dots that are printed to the edge of the paper, near the top of the paper on the right side. Not sure why these are here, but it's something to mention. The front cover gilding is also embossed, which of course will help the gold stay where it is through repeated handling. The back cover has a strip of elastic to help hold the book closed or mark a page.

About the only thing I might have liked is for this little journal to be not a journal but a "blank book" or sketch pad - and have unlined paper, perhaps a watercolor paper or drawing paper, in white. It's a great journal as it is, though, and I am very happy with my purchase.

Peter Pauper journals ROCK! :)
11 comment100 of 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2010
I love this journal! I do lots of journaling, and keep journals for classes I take, etc. This is a great journal. Good size, and the spiral binding allows you to easily write on both sides of the page. A bonus if you're taking notes in a class or conference, for example. I'm inspired every time I look at the title and saying on the front. Great value.
0Comment50 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2012
This journal arrived in great condition that is just as described by the picture. The paper is a shade of yellowish tan that is quite appealing compared to the every day white paper. I mainly bought this for the message on the cover and that it is spiral bound. If you are looking for a high quality journal at a good price then defiantly try out the Soar Journal.
0Comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2009
This is my second Black Rock Journal purchase, and once again, if you are in search of a sturdy and durable journal, this would be one to consider. The yellow tinted pages proves to be easy on the eyes - stimulating - really gets the creative juices flowing, almost like a pick-me-up or wake up, no redbull needed :o).
0Comment46 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2015
This is a wonderful journal with beautiful cover and a lot of pages! The spiral bind does help in opening any page you want, no hurdles.
The journal is actually lined, but the lines aren't that visible, but helps writing in straight lines. Every page has three half circles on the top, i suppose its for writing date, but the space is sure not enough. The elastic band from back helps keeping the note closed, when not in use. The color of the paper could have been a little brighter but thats fine as we can use a brighter color while writing.

I bought this for my husband and he liked the diary a lot. Overall, a very nice journal, with a affordable price and it serves the purpose well!!
review image review image
on February 19, 2013
I'm a bit picky when it comes to my journals, and I can honestly say this might be one of the best I've owned. It's not too thick, I love the embossing on the front and the elastic wrap is nice and snug, which is great since I tend to pack my journals full of stuff. I will certainly review this company's products in the future when I need another journal. Thanks!
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
I have bought two of these I love that they have the comfort and ease of a regular notebook but the nice old cover look of a journal book. The price is a little high if you consider it is made like a spiral notebook and cover is thin so it won't last forever but all in all really like the use
on May 27, 2015
Love it
review image review image
on August 9, 2012
This journal has generous spaced lined and it's beautifully done. A perfect price at $9.99! One of my favorites and I've been keeping a journal for years.
on January 6, 2015
Because the product dimensions for this showed it to be "18.2 x 6.8 x 8.2 inches," I expected a large journal. It is not that. It is 8 inches by barely 6 inches. Otherwise it looks like the picture and as is described, but I didn't want a small journal, I wanted a large one.