5.0 out of 5 stars Save on Therapy Bills - Keep a Journal
I honestly think people could save a lot of money on therapy bills if we all kept journals like Sandy suggests.

Published on July 16, 2005 by Jenna of the Jungle

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
I came to the conclusion that when going about writing a journal, it can be complicated if you pay attention to all the "shoulds," "have to's" and "must's". I did find this book interesting and feel it is worth the investment.
Published on October 24, 2011 by Marilyn Dalrymple

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Save on Therapy Bills - Keep a Journal, July 16, 2005
This review is from: Journalution: Journaling to Awaken Your Inner Voice, Heal Your Life and Manifest Your Dreams (Paperback)

I was a bit skeptical when I started reading-- why do I need a book to tell me how to write a journal?-- but my eyebrows became less furrowed as she won me over with really delicious prompts. That was the most valuable part for me; the prompts are get-to-the-core exercises, not trivial games. Even as I read them, my brain went into overdrive about all the things I wanted to write down.

We all get to know ourselves better when we write down our experiences, our hopes, our frustrations. In doing so, we can be better in our other roles, too... when you learn to turn to your journal in times of stress, you tend to be much calmer when talking to the people who are contributing to your stress! In short, get your temper out on the page instead of blowing up at loved ones. Sandy's book favors substance over style, which I loved. It got me on the path toward the right questions to ask myself so I can find the right answers.

If you're interested in writing therapeutically and becoming clearer about what you need to do to make yourself happy and/or fulfill your goals, this is a great book for guidance. Enjoy the path of self-discovery!

--Jenna Glatzer, author of Outwitting Writer's Block & Other Problems of the Pen (and lots of other books, too!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding Insight Through Writing, July 21, 2006
I've kept a journal for over 30 years, but books like Journalution fascinate me. On my own, I tend to settle into a mundane description of what I did that day, complete with "lunched at Burger King." etc.
A journal can be so much more, and this book certainly gets your mind to working and your ink flowing in new directions. The author also has a website with archives of her online newsletter. They include journaling prompts so you can sample her technique and see what it does for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting, empowering, and liberating, March 27, 2006
This is one of the most interesting books on personal development I've ever read. There are no rules or guidelines, just lots of helpful suggestions and encouragement. I look at journaling in a whole new light now. I'm so much more relaxed, free, and honest than I used to be. I've found that journaling from the heart to be such an enlightening experience.

I love the fact that Sandy Grason does not lay down "rules" about how to do things. Instead, she gives examples of what has worked for other people. You make all the decisions yourself so it is truly an empowering edeavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dear Diary = Best Friend!, May 9, 2005
Journalution is a technique that opens the books to your heart's desires and truest wishes one page at a time. Whether you are a seasoned writer, do Morning Pages, or new to putting pen to task ... journalution is the latest book on bringing your inner truth outwards onto the page. Having been a major fan of Julia Cameron and her writing practice, I found this book to be a natural complement to the various scribing done over the years. In this harried world we are often easily made a stranger to our inner true authentic self. Journalution helps us write the right path back home to our selves - our dreams, our goals, our visions. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're learning to journal, June 20, 2007
Karen Dittman "Nature Lover" (Ellsworth, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great book to help you get started. The prompts are phenomenal...they'll get you thinking about yourself in ways you haven't before. The prompts will also give you new ways to think of your world and and your spirituality. If you're looking to discover yourself, the way you really think, feel, and who you truley are...not the way the world or media says you should think and feel, but what your true self says...then buy this book! Sandy is a wonderful writer and has an innate ability to help you discover and search the depths of your soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Journalution ..., March 8, 2011
Vanessa G. Coffey (Havre de Grace, MD) - See all my reviews
I have tried on a few occassions to start a journal. I also found myself writing about what I had done that day ... nothing I couldn't have written in my sleep. I can't say enough about this book. It's taken me back to my childhood and allowed me to forgive wrongs that I hadn't given myself a chance to think about. I thought I had nothing interesting inside myself .. but I was so wrong. If I miss a day I can feel a weight pulling at me.
There is not enough words to tell you what a load of emotions I have felt since starting my journalution. Sandy Grason is amazing. If she can do this for me, she can do it for everyone. If you feel that nothing good can happen for you, get this book. It will open your eyes, heart, and most importantly your mind. You will realize what I did, once you let all the emotions come to the surface, you start to heal. One journal entry she asks you to try to do everyday is to list seven things you are grateful for ... I am grateful for Sandy Grason and "Journalution".

5.0 out of 5 stars No Rules; Go Deeper, June 12, 2005
We have a High Priestess in our midst. Her name is Sandy Grason. She

has written a magical book so overflowing with LOVE UNDER WILL that

I'm amazed that it didn't burst its binding as I was reading it.

>From the start, Sandy zeroes in on the essentials. The key phrases

are: NO RULES and GO DEEPER.

The journaler who attempts Sandy's TRY THIS suggestions will reap the

reward of, perhaps, a plethora of epiphanies.

Sandy speaks in a direct, unassuming voice, providing a suggested

route to your deeper, higher self--no matter what your spiritual

orientation. And she has not been reticent to share her own personal

story in the pages of her work.

JOURNALUTION has never been written before. It's all fresh and

new--vibrant and pulsating with Life and Love.

At the top of my page of gratitude, I place my gratefulness that Sandy

has put so much Love between the covers of her book.

Think JOYFUL AND ABUNDANT LIFE. That's what this book is all about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening through Writing, February 21, 2009
Although I have been journaling since "forever", this book gave me valuable insight on how to become more in tune to my private writings and how they reflect on what my inner-spirit is trying to tell me. I went to a whole new level of using my diary as a way for God to speak to me. Take the time out to read "Journalution", and you will definitely be inspired as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Change your life, write it down!, May 27, 2011
New habits are not easy to embrace, Creating positive habits can change your life for the best. Sandy Grason will show you step by step how to write a journal, what it can bring in your life, how it can change it.
Journaling will bring forth new lights, new habits, and will allow you to decide your next steps. You will become the masters of your own life by discovering pattern, break through fears, habits and by releasing your emotions, opening your heart.
If you have never write a journal read this book and begin today. This will become one of the best habit you can have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Writing your way to success, May 13, 2007
This is the greatest book I have read on journaling. Sandy Grayson gives an abundance of ideas to jumpstart the reader on the path to journaling. Sandy

makes journaling fun, easy, and healing! Thanks Sandy!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›