5.0 out of 5 stars Inner Peace
Published on March 8, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Ok, but it is not her best work - and I LOVE her work
Ms. Beattie's "The Language of Letting Go" and "Codependent No More" are EXCELLENT books... Spoiled me as to this one... It's Ok - if you want a very short feel-good thing every day... Her other books are deeper, and I like that better...
Published on August 26, 2011 by Brian D. Adkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Inner Peace, March 8, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul (Paperback)
This book is a wonderful way to begin your own Journey to your Heart. It has literally changed my life. It talks of feeling all your feelings, good or bad and helped me to realize that pain as well as happiness are all part of life. I want to thank Melody Beattie for writing this book and sharing her experience of her spiritual travels and her own Journey to the Heart. Each day that I read from these pages, I am inspired. I see the world in a different light and am able to find an inner peace that is hard to find in this tough world.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful help for the journey to my heart, December 2, 2001
By A Customer
What a blessing this book has been for me! i bought a copy for many people i know. melody beattie has touched my heart and helped me through so many stages of my life. i highly recommend this 'bible' for everyone. it helps the path to heal and move forward in positive and warming ways. i will need to buy myself another copy soon since mine is underlined and used so often. treat yourself to a special gift- and let melody walk you through your own path to the journey to your own heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Journey to the Heart, November 17, 2005
This is a magical book. I have had a copy since 1996. At first I devoured it, reading many meditations at one sitting. What Melanie Beattie has to say nurtured my Soul and gave me direction. Then one day I started shaking the book and just opening the book to a random page, but it was never random. What I read was usually very relevant to that moment. Her words were just what I needed to cast away self doubt or understand a situation or provide guidance for my life. Melanie Beattie has great wisdom. I hope you find it as useful as I continue to find it - 11 years later. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone experiencing difficult life changes., July 23, 1998
By A Customer
This book provides daily insight into why we experience changes throughout our lives and how we can face them with a positive attitude. Beattie's compassionate, understanding writing will help the reader to understand the need for the unknown and how we learn life's lessons. Each obstacle we face in life provides a lesson to lead us on our journey. The book is written in a style so that the reader can read one passage each day to focus that day's thoughts. I found that reading a passage each day helped me to "survive" a difficult change I was experiencing. Now that I have made it through the chaos, I realize what an inspiration Beattie's book was for me. As I take the next step and look forward to the unknown, Beattie's words continue to inspire me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, December 22, 2002
By A Customer
Lovely book : I read it every night before going to sleep and it takes all my cares away. It also gived me sweet dreams.
Buy it. And get one for your best friend who is going through a bad time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A step beyond, December 6, 1999
By A Customer
This meditation book goes directly to the heart. For those of us who are traveling the path to live according to what our heart tells us, this book is a must read. Whether I pick it up daily, or only periodically, it is always dead on. For those people who are recovering, I find that this takes meditation and recovery into 'level 3' where you no longer focus at all on the problem, but rather focus entirely on the journey and where it can take you if you can just listen. Personally I love Melody Beattie for who earthy heart-felt prose.

5.0 out of 5 stars The gift that keeps on giving..., July 27, 2005
My mom bought this for me 6 years ago, and I still read it almost daily. Year after year, the lessons always feel timely, relevant and refreshing. I have also given this book to friends, who continue to cherish it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt Thanks, September 12, 2000
This book really has changed my life. I've read it cover-to-cover at least five times and each time I read it I am inspired. Melody's words truly are a "melody to the soul." I've shared quotes from the book with friends and family and they have all said they just had to purchase a copy for themselves. Today I'm buying one for my 19-year old niece who is just discovering "who she is" and has said she wants to grow spirituality. I'm sure this book will give her spiritual concepts to consider throughout the day and will help her to develop an open mind and a loving heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't keep it "in stock.", September 17, 1999
By A Customer
The message of self-nurturing is clear in this book. Beattie allows us to make mistakes and get on with it, and she encourages us to look around at the learning opportunities afforded in every situation.
Having given countless copies away to friends and strangers alike, I find I can't keep it "in stock."

5.0 out of 5 stars A daily reminder of life's most important lessons., January 4, 1999
By A Customer
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! I have made a commitment to myself to read each daily reading BEFORE I get out of bed in the morning. I can't tell you how much of a positive mindset this puts me in for the day ahead--an unconscious mindset, but a positive mindset still the same. Most of the underlying messages are things that I already know in my heart to be true, but to see them in black and white and be reminded of them daily is so very inspirational. I purchased this book for myself in June 1998 and have already given it as a gift to three of my closest friends--all of them have loved it. I would highly recommend this book for anyone seeking inner peace and a deeper connection within themselves. Thank you, Melody, for a wonderful start to my day.

Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul