Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on October 20, 2015
I buy my son (currently 3yo) Spanish/English books and books about Science whenever possible, so this one was a no-brainer for us.

For potty training purposes, it teaches kids how a food (here, an apple) gets from your mouth to your potty, without being overly cutesy or gross. It sprinkles in some biology words (bile, corpuscles) without being complicated. When it uses a difficult word, like corpuscles, it compares it to a simple idea, like a supermarket.

I want my son to use the proper words for things whenever possible and understand how things work. I appreciate that this book let the real-life journey be it's own story, without adding in unnecessary cartoon characters or a goofy plot.

Apple>Saliva>teeth>esophogus>stomach>liver>sm intestines>lg intestines>poop. The end.

From a bilingual standpoint, the Spanish here was not an afterthought. It is well-written and included with purpose. The English and Spanish text in this book share equal space within each spread (ie, it's not an English book with simple Spanish shoved in some corner or along the margin). I'm not a native Spanish speaker, and I found some of the Spanish words a bit advanced for my abilities.

My two critiques are that I felt like it could've used another page or two to flesh out some of the aspects of the journey a little better. Perhaps a page featuring a 'roadmap' showing an overview of the trip. I also found the artwork disturbing. No, not the poop with the apple core hat - that's awesome - but rather the creepy wolf-dog doctor thing that tells the story.

This book hasn't encouraged our toddler to stop pooping in his pants yet, but this is a book he likes us to read regularly. So while he may not care what happens to Mr. Poop once he leaves his body, at least now he has a basic understanding of what he went through to get there.
on January 19, 2013
This book is awesome. We are not a Spanish speaking home but that doesn't matter, it's in English too. I got this to help my 3 y/o understand how the body works so she would maybe be ok with pooping in the potty. I didn't really expect her to get everything but I explained things as we were reading. Whatever she did understand helped because problem solved! It's been months and she still reads it when she's on the potty.
on November 30, 2014
Five Stars from my 4 year old daughter, 1.5 stars from me because I've had to read this thing so many times, and it never quite gets less gross to read about an apple turning into a turd. PS: That little red thing on top of "Senor Caca" is actually a piece of undigested apple skin. THANK YEW.
on April 22, 2013
It's artsy. It's about how food is digested...and about poop...but what 6 year old isn't fascinated by poop? Love the Spanish part too. My kids now say caca to their Spanish speaking friends and they all giggle. More books should be like this. Hey. Everybody poops. Great read. Especially in the bathroom.
on April 24, 2015
Though I enjoyed it, I found it rather difficult to digest.
on October 25, 2014
My three year old picked this book out at the library because he thought the cover looked funny. Inside, I was quite impressed at how they condensed complex information and worded it in a way that children could understand. My son really enjoys it, it is one of his favorite books. We ended up buying a copy because he kept wanting to borrow it at the library.
on June 15, 2014
I think BB is full of it! This children's book is a true classic tail, which handles a very awkward subject with great sensitivity. I give the book an A+(nal)! I just love a story where everything comes out all right at the end!
on July 31, 2015
No 2 year old could possibly understand this....it's even hard for me to. It's very busy like a pizza with too many toppings you just can't figure out what the hell is going on.
on February 5, 2015
I thought it was informative and funny for the grandkids. They didn't.
on April 18, 2013
Creative approach to a topic which could be dry and uninteresting and maybe yucky. A great way to teach body science, and two languages at the same time.