5.0 out of 5 stars Alan joyfully navigates you to the center of your heart!
Published on July 17, 1999 by Sheri Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Joy Is My Compass
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan joyfully navigates you to the center of your heart!, July 17, 1999
Sheri Baker (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joy is My Compass: Taking the Risk to Fcollow Your Bliss (Paperback)
Joy Is My Compass is a delightful slice of literary heaven. It's a collection of stories whose overall theme is that we can navigate life's journey with joy rather than pain if we so choose. The book is filled with Alan Cohen's usual warmth, wisdom and humor. Find yourself joyfully immersed in this treasure chest of masterful prose as he gently urges you to find the light within yourself and express it as freely and boldly as you desire. It takes courage to step out on your chosen path, and what better way to bolster your confidence than through Alan's wonderfully perceptive observations of life. Whether sharing heartfelt insights about his own journey or recounting stories about others, Alan is at his usual inspirational, eloquent best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remembering My Real Joy, March 27, 2011
I made it a habit to read something from this book everyday, mainly before setting my feet on the floor each morning. I meditated and savored what I read, thus giving me the energy and enthusiam to challenge my day. This book is a God sent as most of Alan's books are. What I'm now finding is real joy-what God inspires in me-not what society dictates as pleasure and joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Book, February 19, 2011
Mary D'Amato "Spiritual Coach" (Chesterfield, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Very inspirational book. Loaned my copy to a friend and she loved it so much I wanted to get her a copy. Since it's out of print, I found someone who was selling a "like new" copy and when I gave it to her she was thrilled. You can open this book at any story and it will speak to you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book in every aspect, August 8, 2010
the author writes from the heart in an easy to read style; in fact so easy, you don't want to put it down. Alan Cohen is a brilliant and stimulating writer; fantastic read. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Joy Is My Compass, May 16, 2014
This book talks about the cover says taking a risk to follow your bliss.Some sugguestions include sunbathing naked,dress in costumes or wear what you want to wear,be open to talk about past life experiences,taking time to be playful like a child and more.This book is a great book for people who feel like their lives to routine and prehaps boring.This book will help many people get out of their comfort zone and start living life more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my joy!, July 10, 2013
I have read most, if not all, of Alan Cohen's books, but this one is definitely not his best. Also, most stories were repeats from his other books. A disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting an soul refreshing, September 14, 2014
Well written, easy to read, and will cause you to think and feel into the depths of your soul. This book will lift you up and put you in the right direction

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 16, 2014
always like Alan

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, October 14, 2014
It's ok

Joy is My Compass: Taking the Risk to Fcollow Your Bliss
Joy is My Compass: Taking the Risk to Fcollow Your Bliss by Alan Cohen (Paperback - Dec. 1996)
Used & New from: $0.01