1,601 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun
So this is a pretty fun and funny game. First off, the name threw me a bit. It has nothing to do with drawing or doodling. I guess it's doodling in the sense of goofing around. Secondly, I subtracted a star because the Facebook logging isn't working for me.

Published 7 months ago by T. Bemrose

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying social media crap
Not a screen goes by without some kind of social media integration icon bouncing up and down like a Jack Russell friggin terrier, urging you to spam all your friends with links back to this app.
Published 7 months ago by evw

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying social media crap, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Doodle God (App)

1.0 out of 5 stars "Warning For Mature Audience Only And Boring", March 27, 2014
This review is from: Doodle God (App)
Doodle God is one of the worst games I have seen yet..Match the elements to create your own world or go on mini Quests..First, it forced closed on us two times during the opening sequence..Boring and repetitious gameplay matching the same elements or tiles over and over..

Second, you have Facebook ads and IAP which you have parental controls to turn off thankfully..Played for over an hour and highly inappropriate for children...We picked Santa Claus's Quest which the storyline goes he is running out of time and you must help him make presents..My child was excited...This is what we ended up creating during gameplay, a bottle of wrapped Vodka, Beer, Alcohol, Rum, a bottle Tequila, and wait a nice bottle of green Absinthe (Wormwood) and nice package of weapons....Then with each wrapped alcoholic bottle we learned a new phrase for school...BITE MY SHINY METAL A**......This is all on Santa Claus's gifts..You decide what you want your child to learn because the game says it's for all ages...

I am disgusted...

3.0 out of 5 stars A great game, but Amazon totally fails at keeping it up to date., August 31, 2011
This review is from: Doodle God (App)
I liked Alchemy, then I read that Doodle God was even better, so I downloaded the free version from the Google Market. It worked well on my Evo 3D, and when I checked Amazon and found it available here, I decided to purchase it.

Unfortunately, Amazon's version of the game is VERY far behind Google's. The version Google has is 1.4.1.3, Amazon's is only 1.3. It appears Amazon's version hasn't been updated in over 5 months! Alas, this version does NOT work properly on my Evo 3D.

It's a great game, but don't buy it from Amazon, get it from Google if you ever hope to see updates. I only hope Amazon will give me my money back.

EDIT: The game finally got updated on Amazon, but now it's utterly broken. This version has actually been pulled from Google by the developer because of all the problems, but slowpoke Amazon still has the defective version.

2nd EDIT: There is a new update which supposedly fixes the force close issue (I haven't tried it out yet). The current version is 1.4.2.4, which actually puts it ahead of Google (which still reports version 1.4.1.6) at the moment. Only time will tell whether the developer will keep the Amazon version up to date or if it will fall behind like in the past.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't trust this dev (see Doodle Farm), March 27, 2014
This review is from: Doodle God (App)
I have a few problems with this app.

* First, it did nothing for me personally. I just considered the game play to be mechanical, random, and boring.

* Second, so will kids like it? It doesn't matter. Unless you want to school them on age inappropriate language and other content. If you want a developer to control when you expose your kids to certain concepts and language instead of having input on that yourself, go for it.

* Third, there has been some discussion that the Amazon version of this app is waiting for an update to catch up with the Google version. I'd be a bit leery about that. The permissions for this app don't appear bad at this time. But this dev has been rightfully slammed for intrusive permissions in some of their other apps, which include things like both fine and coarse GPS location and in app purchases (in apps aimed at kids). I prefer not to have this app updated and find that they've slid in the intrusive permissions that permeate their other apps. For example, those intrusive permissions are STILL IN Doodle Farm three months after Amazon customers made it plain that we don't appreciate them. So I have no confidence that this or any other app from this developer won't grow those permission in an update.

I downloaded the thing to take a legitimate look for writing a review, but it's going right back off my account as soon as I submit this.

Not recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the most boring game I have ever seen., July 8, 2013
This review is from: Doodle God (App)
Have you ever been so bored that you are having a hard time keeping enough tissue around to wipe the drool off your face? Tired of playing Mahjong and solitaire on your computer? Then you might be so computer illiterate that you could enjoy this game.

The object of this game is to touch two different pictures in the vague hope that you might get a new picture. When you do, you can then use that picture to combine with your old ones to make still others. Oh the joy! Rapture!

Personally, I quickly discovered that the most efficient use of my time was to match each picture item by item until something new popped up. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Just keep clicking until something happens. By that point, I was about 30 minutes into the game and made the decision to delete it never to look back. And now I have written this review so that you need not suffer. Aren't I nice?

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Doodle God (App)

You start with Air, Earth, Fire, and Water and you mix them to make everything else. You can make alcohol, and some other adult themed "elements", but there's a pretty obvious safe mode for kids in the settings. I didn't try it out, because why miss the funny combos.

For people saying it's complicated or hard, it's rather simple (a little repetitive, but the quests etc add some variety) but there are alot of combinations and it can take quite a while to find them. My recommendation is develop a system and try them all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some time and avoid this game (even when it's free), March 27, 2014
This review is from: Doodle God (App)
A bit too abstract, time consuming and random for my tastes. The game consists of combining "elements" to produce new things. The issue is that the combinations don't always make sense and the elements aren't always appropriate.

The elements vary from the concrete like glue and glass to the abstract like death, life, and order.It is open to a lot of interpretation.

"Fortunately" help is available, in the form of in-app purchases to get help creating new stuff. That, to me, is extremely objectionable in a paid app. I can accept purchasing add-ons to extend a game once it has delivered everything I originally paid for but if there is a price to be paid then I should be able to access all that I paid for without paying any more. (I realize that I'm submitting this review when it is a FAOTD and that shouldn't make any difference as it will be the same game tomorrow.)

While there is nothing bad in the software (such as malware or viruses) for me there is little in the game to recommend it even when it is free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Update-Same issue -FC-PROBLEM FIXED, March 20, 2012
Problem fixed great game
Same problem. 28 elements and force close. Hope you fix this soon so you can get 5 stars.
In your comments you asked for 5 stars to keep the updates coming. I think if you update it you will get the 5 stars coming.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please fix..., March 20, 2012
This review is from: Doodle God (App)
I downloaded this even with all the bad reviews cause I thought it couldn't be that bad. Well they were right. It was working fine then a force close popped up and now I can't play at all. Can open the game and click to play but then it closes. was really liking the game too. Hope you fix it soon!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT DOWNLOAD, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Doodle God (App)
I downloaded this game despite reading all the reviews, good and bad. After downloading, even before I opened the app, it made me crash out of every other app that i opened. MAJOR flaws need to be fixed. I always give the "FAOTD" a chance. What the heck, they are free. But you couldn't pay me to reinstall this one. I can't give any input on the gameplay or graphics or anything else for that matter. Only that it really messed with my tablet. I play on a kindle fire HD. Hope this helps. Cheers !!!

Doodle God