5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect kitchen scissors
Published on December 9, 2005 by abycats

1.0 out of 5 stars These scissors are not as well made as they used to be
Published 23 months ago by Stefanie S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect kitchen scissors, December 9, 2005
I hide these in a kitchen drawer so they don't disappear to other rooms because they're just *perfect* for the kitchen. They're lightweight but sturdy, fit my hand comfortably, don't get slippery, have small tips to fit into odd places, and nicely sharp edges. Moreover, the red color makes them easy to find on a counter. Moved all my other kitchen scissors on. You'll like these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite kitchen tool, July 5, 2006
Gonimom (Great Lakes of Michigan) - See all my reviews
These little scissors are unbelievable...they cut a whole chicken and open plastic packages equally. This is the second pair I have owned...the only need for replacement was due to my significant other misplacing the first pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't You Dare Borrow These Scissors From Me (I can't live without them), March 7, 2007
This review is from: Joyce Chen 51-0620, Unlimited Scissor, White (Kitchen)
Need to cut a chicken in half? No problem. Zip, Snip, Snap. Want to add slivers of fresh herbs to your meal? Snip, Snip, Snip and they're cut easily and with precision. Want to cut up round steak for a stir-fry? A few snips and it's all done in nice even pieces.

I do more food prep with these scissors than I do with with my good knives! What I don't do (so as not to dull the blades) is cut up paper and cardboard (but, I do admit those impenetrable plastic packages are made short work of with these babies).

I've owned these scissors for years now.. no dulling, and still in great shape. Yet, I'm so paranoid about losing them that I have a spare pair stashed away -- still in their unopened box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Scissors!!, March 31, 2011
I heard about these scissors from another student in my metalsmithing class. She raved about them and showed me how great they are for cutting sheet metal. When I got home I the first thing I did was go online and order them. They arrived before my next class the following Saturday. I absolutely LOVE them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT little scissors!, October 7, 2006
I used these scissors for cutting off the fins and tail of Tilapia(sp?), and these worked wonderfully on cutting through those needle-like bones! My last pair of cooking scissors broke while in the process of cutting! These are really great for any purpose! SHARP too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handiest Little Scissors You Can Find, September 14, 2007
Yvonca (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
I bought my first pair of these little scissors about 20 years ago and still use them today. They are practically indestructible, however I did manage to melt a spot on the handle when I accidentally laid them on a hot burner. Nevertheless, they still work perfectly and are still sharp after 20 years. I finally broke down and ordered a second pair. If they weren't quite as expensive, I would have a pair in every room. They are just so handy, and even though they are small, they will cut practically anything. They are also very comfortable to use as the handles are large enough for just about any hands.

I actually don't think I could cook without a pair of these in the kitchen. They are the best thing I've found for snipping a few fresh herbs, and can go right to the garden to cut fresh flowers for the dinner table. I have also used them to cut through chicken bones and then tossed them into the dishwasher for sanitizing. If I were to make a list of my favorite kitchen items, these would be right up there with my microplane grater and extra long cooking tweezers that also make my life so much simpler. Bottom line is buy some, you'll love them!

1.0 out of 5 stars These scissors are not as well made as they used to be, September 8, 2012
I've been using Joyce Chen kitchen scissors for 25 years and have always loved them for cutting herbs, trussing chickens, and other prep work. When I went to purchase my third pair I expected the new ones to have the same sturdy construction as my previous pairs. While the new pair initially cut really well, I was disappointed to discover that the screw that holds the two scissor blades together is no longer made of stainless steel. Consequently, it rusted after the first time I washed the scissors (by hand). A few months out my scissors are covered with rust stains and the blades no longer have the tight fit required for a precision cut. This is not the way $26 scissors should perform.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp cutting tool, October 27, 2011
This is an excellent pair of scissors...I am using them for cutting up to 24 gauge sheet metals and wire up to 18 gauge, especially copper and these work perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will cut up a steel-belted radial, February 15, 2006
This review is from: Joyce Chen 51-0620, Unlimited Scissor, White (Kitchen)
OK, maybe not. But it will make short work of a chicken or one of those imprenetrable plastic blister packs that everything is packaged in these days. These are the sharpest, hardest, most ergonomic kitchen shears I've ever had. Get these and toss the ones that came with the Ginsu knife set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyce Chen Unlimited Scissor,red, February 15, 2007
I discovered these scissors several years ago and they are wonderful. They will go from cutting a chicken bone to cutting fine paper for a gift. I am buying more for my children and friends!

Joyce Chen 51-0620, Unlimited Scissor,  White