Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

100%

on December 9, 2000
This book has slowed me down long enough to take a good long look at the "why's" and "what's" of our home schooling experience. Mary reminds us to look at the larger picture when it comes to educating our children; to focus on the things that are most important and to pay attention to the "bent" our children are already conformed to. An immeasurable blessing to be encouraged to enjoy my role as "mother" as much as my role as "teacher." Thanks, Mary!
on April 12, 2008
This is my favorite homeschooling book. It shows that anyone can homeschool, and that a homeschool does not need to -- and should not-- look like a conventional classroom. Written from a Christian perspective, this book will help the reader to relax and enjoy homeschooling and will help mothers make their homeschool meet their children's individual needs. Very practical as well as inspirational, this is my number one recommendation for people considering homeschooling!
on May 17, 2013
This book inspired me to homeschool! I lend this book to everyone that asks me about homeschooling, and I tell them to read this first.
I felt like I had to get past a few of her religious beliefs a tiny bit, because I don't agree with a select few; but that is no reason not to read this.
I would like to homeschool the way she did! What a great lady!
on June 23, 2012
This book is by FAR the best book on homeschooling that I have ever read. Not only does it bring you to a wonderful place in your homeschooling, it brings you to a wonderful place in your life. It truly transformed my family. It is on my list of yearly book reads. It is such an inspiring read that refreshes me every year went things start to get tense. I originally scoffed at the book based on the title and cover, but a close friend assured me that it was THE book to read, and boy was she right!
on October 23, 2010
This book is wonderful in describing your role in homeschooling, and where your priorities should be. It will bring you peace that is worth every penny! If you are about to throw in the towel, read this book first!
on August 27, 2014
I'm so glad I read this. I often resell or donate books, but this one is a keeper. I plan to read it again when I'm needing to refocus.
on October 15, 2015
Wish I read this 10 years ago! My oldest says she actually looks forward to her schoolwork now! I've literally passed this on to at least 6 or 7 friends who have benefitted.