5.0 out of 5 stars An easy way to make various soybean drinks, November 15, 2011
This review is from: BONUS PACK! Joyoung CTS-1088 Easy-Clean Automatic Hot Soy Milk Maker with FREE Soybean Bonus Pack
The machine is great. It allows me to mix up grains and beans for different drinks. I am now making soybean milk mixed with black bean on a daily basis. I found some recipe online and will try different variations (soybean with red beans or even rice). I like it that the strainer is a bit corse, so that I can have a bit of texture in my drink. I think the strainer should be designed a bit larger though because sometimes it tilts over one side. The best thing about this machine is that it is easy to clean and the soy milk is boiled just right. I used to have a different machine that was very hard to clean and I had to boil the soy milk after the machine grinds the beans, and often burned the bottom if I am not monitoring all the time. The machine produces two large cups of soy milk, so it's perfect for my husband and me. The price on Amazon is also very good -- the same model I found on some Chinese sites costs $30 more.

This is an update. I don't use the strainer at all now, and make a thick drink for breakfast. I don't follow any particular recipe and just use the supplied measuring cup as a guideline. I mix nuts and grains that I know to be good for health (I just choose 3-4 items from this list and vary them each time) -- walnut, black sesame seeds, black beans, black rice, red beans, oatmeal, barley, pitted red dates, etc. and measure 1 1/2 cup of the mixture (the beans will have to be soaked overnight. The measurement is for dry beans as they enlarge after soaking.) With oatmeal and rice, the drink becomes smooth and thick. It's filling enough to serve as a meal. It is very important to rinse the whole equipment in cold water right after the drink is done, as the thick ingredients will be hard to clean after the drink cools off.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice looking, September 8, 2011
This is a nice-looking gadget. But for me, it seems the strainer is kind of corse and the soy milk does not taste silky enough. Joyoung could refine the product further in this regard:
1 making a much finer strainer
2 grinding the soys beans more so that less particles left and thrown away

Overall this is a nice product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good soy milk maker!, April 11, 2012
Used for more than 2 months now and I totally enjoy the fresh soy milk made by myself. It is a good soy milk maker! Just a note to others, I found the mode"five grain" gives a much more smoother taste of soy milk as it grid the beans finer. So I would use that mode to make my soy milk if time allows(it does take like 5 min longer than the usual "soy milk" mode).

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, December 6, 2012
Very easy to use. The instructions and menu are concise and straightforward. And it is a lot easier to clean than the $99 model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves it, August 23, 2012
My wife love's this soybean maker and uses it every morning for her breakfast drink of choice. Only thing that can make it better would be an automatic timer to start while she is sleeping and available when she's up.

Rate and Discover Movies