Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Jpeg and raw If you have a jpeg and raw copy of a photo, which one does Lightroom4 process?
asked by Marland D. Miller on March 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Lightroom processes whichever photo you select. You can process both differently if you like. Remember Lightroom does not change the original it just saves the changes it made to the original. If you have a choice you should always work with the RAW file because JPEG files are heavily modified already and you will get better results using the RAW file.
Wizard on holiday answered on March 23, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
When I load the photos from the file it only loads one, and I can't tell which one it is. I would suspect the default would be to choose the raw format, but I don't know. I am tempted to change my setting to only take raw and not both raw and jpg in my camera. Of course when not in manual, I don't have a choice but to get jpg format, as far as I know.
Marland D. Miller answered on March 23, 2012

A
the photostream will show the name of the file with the suffix like jpg or nef (nikon raw), just look closer when you select.
®ichard answered on May 6, 2012

A
Thanks for your help!
Marland D. Miller answered on May 6, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product