4.0 out of 5 stars Work Pretty Well

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great until they don't
Published 9 months ago by BadRock

4.0 out of 5 stars Work Pretty Well, October 3, 2013
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
So these arrived sooner than expected as the order was filled promptly. Now the product.. Let me first say if you are putting these bulbs in a small housing like I did (License Plate Bulb replacement) you need to be aware that the LED portion or "bulb" portion if you will is approx 10-15% larger than the incandescent counter part (actual bulb)it replaced. This created a small issue and required me to be more forceful than I would like with a product of its fragility. Since the package comes with 10 and I only needed 2 I forced the light in the housing with success. Don't get me wrong, I did not have to get medieval with the bulbs but anyone that has replaced a light bulb knows you don't force a bulb into a lens housing. The issue was the space available in the lens housing itself not the hole that it goes into. The truck I have is a 2011 Sierra by the way for reference. The bulbs fit perfectly into the socket. Very easy. It is obvious the bulbs were made to fit the socket specs. For those reviews that mention failure.. or dead on arrival.. and won't work and they are new, What's Up?? These bulbs are polarized meaning it makes a difference which way you put them in. Its a 50/50 chance your first time and to be honest I did not look to see if the bulbs have marked polarity with Positive and Negative. They fit the same in the socket either way and they are not keyed. My results... One worked and the other did not. I took the one that did not work, flipped it around where the front was now facing the back and viola it came on.

Now for the brightness. The bulbs certainly light up the License Plate Area but I would not say they are (G - Rated version) Holy Cow bright. More like.. huh.. That looks nice. More light than the incandescent but not bright enough to draw your attention to them and comment .. Those are bright. Now I realize we are talking License plate bulbs here not ballpark spot lights... I get it. But when I read on the packaging "Do not look directly at the light" and "May cause heat" I am beginning to wonder if I need to put on some sun tan lotion before installation. I am here to tell you, you won't need sunscreen. The overall look is nice and gives an updated look to the truck as my other car has led's from the factory. I just expected a bit more light. I would recommend. I hope this helps..

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great until they don't, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
I have gone through the entire 10 pack replacing them 2 at a time to illuminate my licence plate. They work great for about a month and then they start losing 1 of the 5 LED's at a time. This causes this horrible flashing that draws attention to your car. I shot a quick really crappy video that shows what I'm talking about. Just search youtube for " Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb 10XT10SMD5050W " and you'll find it. Don't waste your time or money on these. They won't last.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, some quality issues but a great value., October 9, 2013
OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Not as bright as others I had/ have, but a this price (currently under $10 for 10 bulbs)you can't beat this value. The best ones I have are from LEDMOD_DOT_COM and were $5 for a pair. The LEDS I bought here from JTECHnow are only maybe 10% dimmer than the super bright ones I own. Most buyers will not notice this and if you use them in pairs, should not have any issues. Some quailty issues were noticed, but they did not keep the LED bulbs from working. I will be buying more of these from Amazon and this seller over the other brighter ones I have.

WHAT I GOT: (See my image for reference)
The bulbs come in an easy to open display packaging. Mine were neatly organized and had a small foam layer behind them that kept them from rattling. The entire package was then placed in an padded envelope. Not the best packaging for shipping but it arrived safely.

QUALITY INSPECTION: (See my image for reference)
The LED's looked very nice. All were clean and free of residue from solder or other films from the manufacturing process. I did notice on two of the LED assembly's that they were made at an odd angle. This might affect use if the tolerance is tight for your application, but not for me. (See my image for reference.)I could not notice any cold solder joints and all solder looked shiny and clean with good contact. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the solder job on these a solid 8. I tried a light twist test to see if the circuits would easily break off the plastic base, but they seemed well enough secure. Your not going to have any twisting forces when inserting or removing these bulbs.

TESTING: (See my image for reference)
My testing was semi scientific as I used a DC power supply with 3VDC, 4.4VDC,6VDC, 7.5VDC,9VDC and 12VDC. Each were tested at 7.5VDC, 9VDC and 12VDC. (I could not get them to light on any voltage lower then the 7.5VDC setting of my supply.) I did this to verify that each worked, and to verify if they are polarity sensitive (they ARE) and to note which side is the positive and negative for later use. At 7.5VDC the LEDS lit up. You could see each individual segment clearly.(each LED assembly has 3 light emmitting segments) At 9VDC you can not look at them without hurting your eyes. The LEDS were bright and full. 12VDC was full brightness and blinding after just glancing at them quickly. Within seconds I felt like I was looking into a camera flash. Unfortunately this was hard to photograph, because the varying output would affect my camera's focus and apeture. The higher the voltage, the darker the background seemed. I did manage to get a few decent pictures for reference. All the bulbs were left running for about 5 minutes before removing from my test jig. All bulbs appeared to have the same color (PURE WHITE) and all were the same intensity, to my naked (and somewhat blinded) eye.

PRACTICAL USE: (See my image for reference)
I bought these to use in my restored 1995 Celica. I had replaced the head lights with JDM ones from Japan. The stock 194 bulbs would illuminate the "City Lights" (small white marker lights within the headlights themselves) with a dim, yellow hue. The LED's fit right in the OEM socket, as snug as the original bulbs did and were a nice BRIGHT WHITE. I regret I did not take a picture with one 194 bulb and one LED bulb for a 'side by side' comparison, but I did get a decent shot of the white light within' the headlight.

PROS:
*Very bright white color
*Uniform color & brightness from one LED to the next
*EXCEPTOINAL value at less than $1 each. (including shipping!)
*High quality construction & materials (rival or equals the more expesive LED's I have)
*OEM fit into bulb socket (at least on Toyota Celica's!)
*Easy open package that cam be reused to store unused LED bulbs

CONS:
*Some assembly issues/ quality control
*Packaging material a bit weak in my opinion. (Shipped in a padded envelope)
*Can't find out what warranty is (90 day? 6 months? 1 year?)

CLOSING: I hope to update this review wth a longevity report and if I have any issues. As of right now (10-9-13) I and extremely satisfied with this purchace and the seller "JTECHnow", but I reserve the right to change that if they turn out to be duds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
I cant say how long they will last but so far they are above a beyond what i expected. They are 3-4 times as bright as the standard bulbs ive replaced and i really like the whitish blue color compared to the yellow of an incandescent bulb. Great product, cant beat the price and ships very fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice light for the night!, July 27, 2012
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
These were just the ticket for replacing my license plate lamps. They are well constructed and small enough to fit in even the tightest spaces. The build quality looks very good, hope they last as long as other LED lights have over the years. The 5 LED's on each bulb also helps with dispersing light down and to the sides. Very bright at night. I can run with just the marker lights on an see the glow on street and stop signs. Well worth the investment. Regular lamps cost about $5 for two at the local auto parts store, so these were a no brainer!

5.0 out of 5 stars All worked and pretty bright., January 11, 2013
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
I installed them in an Acura TL 2007 and a Honda Accord 2004 EX. They went in the In the front door lights which are at the bottom of the door and licence plate lights. All ten led's worked and I found them bright and white, I did not notice the bluish tint some other people were talking about.

The light will install in either directing but will only light in one direction, so before closing everything up run engine or headlights and make sure everything thing works. They do come in 2 boxes of 5 LED's each so I'm not sure why they were advertised as 10 LED they can just sell you a box of 5. I guess because it's pretty cheap and I'm sure Amazon wants their cut too. I will up date and edit this review if they burn out before a year. LED"s are supposed to last a very long time. These seem to be a cheaper alternative to PUTCO led's which are super expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars LED 194 bulbs, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
got a pack of 10, only needed 4. these were much cheaper than most bulbs out there, and i'm happy with the results. the bulbs arent too bright, but they are nowhere near dim. i used them in map and license plates. they are a little blue for my tastes, but nowhere near the blue spectrum.

i would buy again if i needed more, but i have extras so i'll wait for now

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
super bright everthing i expexted makes my car look much cleaner on the inside its a must have cant live with out

4.0 out of 5 stars led bulb, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
For the price you can't go wrong buying this bulbs. Its not the brightest led bulb that i bought, but pretty close. This company customer service is good, i had one bulb that was dull and they replace it. They responded fast to my emails.

4.0 out of 5 stars alright LED's, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb
Ordered two packs of these led lights. I used them to replace the lights in my travel trailer. Out of the 20 led lights I used about 12 of them and 4 burnt out soon as the lights were switched on, price was right so 4 outta 20 isn't too bad and still got a few for spares. These lights are great in the bedroom area as they aren't as bright as the original bulbs and they are great for a reading light. Friend gave me two of his to try, I think they had 25-28 leds on them, way better for the main part of the trailer. buy these for the bedroom or bunk areas but they are not very bright for the main area of the trailer.