4.0 out of 5 stars Everything is a trade-off
I purchased the Be All in the Lotus Lullaby print. I got a great deal through Amazon-- much cheaper than anywhere else...but I watched and waited for a while until the price was lower. Still, it was not cheap! These bags are hard to find in stores, so I did extensive online research reading reviews and watching videos from whatever sites I could find! Here's my two...
Published on March 22, 2012 by TXmom

3.0 out of 5 stars Some design flaws
I purchased this bag with high hopes. I just loved the way it looked! The size and pockets also seemed to be what I was looking for as well. However, I find that there are a few design flaws with the bag. Firstly, the mommy pocket is located on the front flap of the bag. This is a problem because if you put something in it (like your wallet or phone), its difficult to...
Published on July 21, 2010 by Jsea

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - Too Thin, No Structure, August 7, 2013
I researched diaper bags extensively before settling on the Be All. I was won over by the glowing reviews, and I will agree on the following things:

1) Well-made
2) Easy to clean
3) Light colored interiors
4) Attractive design
5) Nice changing pad (but small)

However, this is where my compliments end on this bag. It's main fault is that it has absolutely no structure to it. It's floppy. The messenger bag flap is difficult to open and close because of it. I wish I could pull a corner of it, and it would have enough rigidity to unclasp the magnetic closure. It doesn't. I have to use one hand to hold the bag down, and the other hand to tug the flap open, otherwise all I do is fold the flap. Seriously, imagine a bag made out of thin muslin with a strong magnetic clasp on it - it would not be easy to open with one hand. This bag is no exception because it's about as flimsy as a piece of muslin. The design makes it even more frustrating, because you have to open that flap to get into the zippered compartment where the wipes are stored. Now it's a frustrating 3 step process just to get to your wipes. 1) Wrestle the flap open using both hands. 2) unzip the front flap, and wrestle the wipes out without pulling the bag out of shape, 3) Open the wipes case.

There is no structure on the straps either. Not even interfacing to give it a little shape. Therefore, they twist and curl very easily. It's a pain to have to flatten it out before you put it on your shoulder. Ju Ju Be would do much better using a woven nylon strap.

No structure means it won't sit upright on its own unless you have carefully squished the contents inside into a suitable block shape that can balance itself.

No structure means the changing pad (which is awesome but a bit too small) is a royal pain to shove into the side pocket. Again, imagine trying to shove something into a side pocket of a purse made of thin muslin and nothing else.

I'm going to replace this bag with something that has stiffer walls. I wish I had paid more attention to the complaint about the flap.

Hopefully I can sell this bag and recoup some of my money. At least Ju Ju Be's good reputation will allow me to get rid of it quite easily.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can take a beating but to many useless pockets, June 12, 2013
KO (UT United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a good quality bag. I have the black/silver and I got a killer deal on it at Nordstroms Rack. While yes it has a million pockets, but when you fill the inside of it, there is no room to fill all those pockets. My other problem with this bag is that it doesn't keep bottles warm for hours (as they say in the video), not even an hour. I had to get a thermos. I throw this in the car, on the ground, on the floor, in the stroller, and 5 months later, it still looks like new. I also do love the changing pad, that has been the most useful thing when we are out as I don't want to lay my daughter on that hard plastic where I'm sure no one has bothered to clean, I've also had to change her in the car more than a few times. This is a good quality bag, the price is a bit steep and I notice it fluctuates here on Amazon but I've never seen it go below 113. I would spend that kind of money on a diaper bag. Added pockets = added weight & useless space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and functionality!, May 28, 2013
I had another diaper bag that started falling apart after a few months. I was not willing to pay over $50 for another one but after several reviews I realized that in the diaper bag world you get what you pay for. I got a great price for this on Amazon.com so that is why I chose the shadow waltz print.

I researched Ju-Ju-be and a few others. I decided to go with ju ju be based on the reviews of the quality of the bags. I chose the" be all" based on price and size after watching videos on YouTube. We use disposable diapers and I breastfeed so I do not carry bottles, formula, water etc..

I bought an extra "mess shuttle" so I could have an extra bag for soiled items. One is already with the bag when purchased. In the original I put 2 bibs, spoons and a washcloth. The second one I rolled up and put in a pocket to put dirty clothes, bibs, and used spoons.

Cons:
The mommy pocket- This pocket is good for keys, Chap Stick, pens and maybe a few other items. I put ink pens in the sunglass holder, Chap Stick and liners in the zipper pocket and try to use the key fob for my keys. If you pack too much in the zipper pocket the front of the bag sticks out. It has the capacity to hold a lot more but I chose to keep it simple.
This bag does not have metal feet on the bottom to protect it when sitting it down. The ju ju be "better be" does. I believe that bag is the same concept as the "be all" except it has reverse measurements.

Pros:
The changing station has to be one of my favorite parts of this bag. Having my diapers, wipes, cream, and bags stored in this handy front zipper pocket allows for so much room in the actual diaper bag. My LO is in size 3 diapers and I can put 5-6 diapers in the zipper mesh pocket without it being too bulky and it zips up fine. I removed the mess shuttle from the changing station and keep it in the center of the bag. I use the clip in the changing station to hang a munchkin bag holder to put dirty diapers in when I am not at home.

The individual pockets in the diaper bag are great. My wallet fits perfectly in one of the side pockets. I also carry a nursing cover, receiving blanket, coupon organizer, change of clothes for baby, nasal aspirator and other care items in the other mesh pockets.

On each end of the bag there are 2 pockets with 3M insulation to keep bottles warm/cold. I use one for my water bottle and the other for my cell phone. I have put a nuby sippy cup in there and it fits nicely.

Other remarks:

The changing pad is a little bulky in the back of the bag but it is a very nice changing pad to use in public. I have plenty of room for the items I carry so I do not need the back pocket. There are also "crumb drains" in the back pocket so you can push stuff through the holes from left over snack crumbs or whatever is in there. I would not put stacks near the changing pad. This may be a great feature to use when your child is older and you do not need the changing pad.
With the remaining room in the center of the bag I put toys and teethers and whatever else I may need. The light colored lining is helpful to be able to see what is in the bag. I also love the texture of the bag. It can be wiped clean.
If you do not like messenger style bags this is not for you. It has taken me a little while to get used tot it. My old bag was a zip top so everything got thrown in there. This bag helps me stay organized!
If you are concerned about the size and the ability to fit everything you need in it watch several YouTube videos comparing other bags. I was able to pack it to my needs based on the videos.

The pictures provided show what my bag looks like on a daily basis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, April 17, 2013
This diaper bag is super cute, but there's a few things I wish it had.

1. I would love it if it had those metal feet on the bottom for when you put it down on the floor or some place that might be dirty or covered in germs.

2. It's smaller than I thought. The pockets make it very easy to organize, but with 4 kids, I need more space.

3. I watched a lot of youtube reviews and many of them talk about the awesome stroller clips. I just assumed these were included, but you have to buy them separately for $25.

Other than that, I like it. The shoulder strap is so nice and comfortable, the change pad is great, and the inside has so many pockets so it's easy to stay organized.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag, October 9, 2012
I love love love this diaper bag. I wanted a Ju-Ju-Be with my older daughter but wouldn't let myself have one. I decided to splurge this time around and I'm so happy I did. It has tons of pockets, is easy to clean, and is easy to carry. Love. It.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, September 9, 2012
I love this bag! It is durable which I love, has a lot of pockets to put things in, and the design I purchased looks even better in person. It is not a super huge bag, so I can't over pack, but all the necessities fit and then some. I would highly recommend this bag to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a BEAUTIFUL Bag!, April 6, 2012
When I found this bag, I immediatly fell in love with the pattern more then anything. As a bag collector (self proclaimed) I was excited it was a bag with lots more to do then just the single job of a diaper bag - that was NOT the reason i bought it. I like diaper bags as tote bags, they have much more to offer, pockets, stronger seams, and usually funkier patters.

There are wristlets, and wallets, and binky keepers and back packs, coolers to match all at reasonalbe prices! Some are more expensive and some are on sale, this one was on sale and a present to myself! The messanger style is awesome with adjustable shoulder straps, the fabric is like a satin or sateen finish, very durable and able to be treated with scotchguard to keep it clean. The shoulder strap is very durable feeling, not flimsy at all! The inside has picture slots call the bragging aone. The handles have tabs on them so you can hang the bag on the stroller so you aren't fumbling with all the stuff usually with you on a stroller trip! Love love love this bag I can' wait to go home and fill it up! Oh and to get smoe accessories to go with it... Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Diaper Bag, September 2, 2011
We love this diaper bag. My wife gets stopped by people everyday because it looks so good! We can fit everything we need for our baby in it. WE like it so much that we gifted it to friends that are having a baby.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Nice Diaper Bag, August 24, 2011
My wife really wanted this bag because it was "pretty". The material is sturdy and easy to clean and yes, it is nice looking. I thought it would be a bit bigger. We carry two bags now. Just get a good idea of what size you need before you buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 18, 2011
My daughter is 8 months old and I have been carrying around my coach purse and a backpack diaper bag. I am so relieved to have one bag now. Just the right amount of pockets for her stuff and pockets for me. I also got the wallet that matches which I highly recommend I have been so much more organized since I got this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›