5.0 out of 5 stars IT REALLY WORKS!
Published on December 28, 2011 by NYNJ Worker

3.0 out of 5 stars No change
I bought this product, despite the high price, because the reviews were great. I've been using it for 3 weeks and don't see any change. I don't expect micacles I don't even see slight changes. It's no different than any drugstore product except for the cost. I'm very disappointed.
Published 23 months ago by Scuba Mom

5.0 out of 5 stars IT REALLY WORKS!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
I am 59 yers old -- I have been an ongoing advocate for Retin-A with the knowledge that it can't be used every day due to skin irritation. I saw a presentation of this product on QVC and of course they made it sound like the "second coming"...so I thought why not give it a try. GLAD I DID -- IT IS FANTASTIC! It is non irritating - can use it on my very sensitive skin everywhere (I also experience break-outs and need to use oil-free products) -- and it does what it claims. My skin has the same rejuvenation as Retin-A but without the irritation and perhaps it's better. So -- how much higher can I recommend? I wish Amazon would carry this product directly so I could save some money on the re-orders!
But Sepora offers free shipping -- here is some additional information.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- GMOs
- Triclosan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
I bought this @ Sephora & while I wish it cost less, it's still worth the $95 price tag. Used nightly only (on face, neck & hands), a 1oz bottle lasted me about 5 months, so using this product would cost me a couple hundred dollars a yr to continue using. I hate the dropper b/c the serum is thick so it take some extra effort to fill it up, but am happy to see that now an alternative pump dispenser is included in the box as well, so you have the choice of whichever dispenser is easier for you to use. The packaging is simple but I like that the bottle is frosted glass - you can always see how much product you have left & I think glass keeps ingredients fresher than plastic.

Currently I'm trying the $75 Algenist Anti-Aging Lotion (2oz) to save some $$ & see if I like it as much as the serum, & while it's a nice light lotion that still contains alguronic acid, personally I prefer the serum (which I will buy again when the lotion's finished). This serum really gives my complexion a nice brightness & well-rested diffused look, plus it also contains malus domestica apple stem cell culture which I value in anti-aging skincare (the lotion doesn't have it). In the meantime I'm using a separate apple stem cell product under the lotion. The lotion will probably last me @ least as long as the serum did - I'd say probably 6 mos. Can't wait to get back on the serum again! While the serum looks like a milky lotion, it absorbs into the skin quickly & beautifully & leaves my skin feeling hydrated & comfortable, not tight or dry the way other watery serums do. When I use the serum I don't need to apply a separate moisturizer (I have combination normal skin that's dry in winter & slightly oily in summer).

3.0 out of 5 stars No change, November 13, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Using in combination with its moisturizer, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
I'm a new user to this line of products and tried some samples of this serum along with the moisturizer. I loved, loved, loved the results after a week and I purchased both. I researched for a new cream that was best at reducing under eye puffiness and Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm 0.5 oz was at the top of the list on every search. I had not read any hype about this product and was going strictly by some samples I received by Sephora. I think the price is a bit steep and I am going to experiment using the serum and moisturizer separately with other products that don't cost an arm and a leg to see if I get satisfactory results. If not, I am prepared to make room in budget for all three products Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer 2 ozAlgenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 ozAlgenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm 0.5 oz. They are superior to the L'Occtane Immortelle Precious products I had been using for the last five years.

5.0 out of 5 stars I noticed a difference!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
I purchased a bottle of the Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum from Sephora (at a higher price than offered on Amazon, but when I checked, it was not available on Amazon...my first stop before I shop). I like the way this serum smooths into the skin without leaving a sticky residue behind, and really doesn't have much of a scent, as my skin is sensitive to scented products. I wasn't sure I noticed a difference while using this product, until I ran out of it, which is when I noticed the difference! I noticed how the lines above my top lip and the marionette lines around my mouth were much more prominent than they had been, and the skin on my face just looked tired. I purchased another bottle of this and gradually with time I am seeing improvement again. My skin is also smoother and feeling more supple. A little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts me 3 months. Split the price over 3 months and I think it's a wise investment. I am 52 years old. Today someone mentioned to me that they couldn't believe I had a daughter who is 27 years old. I will continue using this product! I also like the Firming and Lifting Cream, which I have used as well. Either product is a smart purchase. Give it more than a 3-week trial and I think you will be amazed, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Anti Aging, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
I have taken care of my skin for most of my life, except for heavy tanning in teens and 20's. I was born with a good genetic code for smooth skin, but we can all use help. I have tried a serum of another brand, and I have seen more results with Algenist already than with the other brand. It does not last for 90 days, however, as advertised.

"Algenist is a smooth, advanced antiaging serum formulated with a high concentration of the revolutionary ingredient alguronic acid to minimize the appearance of deep wrinkles, improve skin firmness and boost radiance. Anyone who is looking for a proven antiaging solution to address the advanced signs of aging, including deep wrinkles, skin firmness and overall radiance, should like this serum. The Algenist Concentrated Serum is formulated with advanced skin bioactives, including alguronic acid, a unique, patent-pending compound from microalgae. This rare ingredient was discovered unexpectedly by a biotechnology laboratory in San Francisco, CA, focused on researching renewable energy solutions.

Recommended. prisrob 02-24-13

5.0 out of 5 stars Best anti-aging products I've ever used - packaging could be better, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
I've tried a lot of different anti-aging products over the last several years and the Algenist products are by far the best I've found.

What people sometimes don't understand is that serums are not meant to be used by themselves. They work in conjunction with a good moisturizer, so if you use this with nothing else and don't see results, that's probably why. The other thing I've noticed on reviews at Sephora is that a lot of 25-year-old women are using this and say it doesn't do anything. Their skin hasn't started aging yet so of course they're not going to see much, if any, difference.

I started using this about 4 months ago. I'm in my late 50s. My skin is smoother and brighter, my age spots have faded and my overall skin tone is more even than it has been in 15-20 years. I had noticeable results within a week or two and additional improvement after that. I use the Algenist Overnight Restorative Cream over it in the evening before going to bed and in the daytime I use it with the Firming and Lifting Cream.

I really, really love this stuff. The only thing I would change is the packaging. I really don't care for the eyedropper. It's messy and unsanitary. A pump would be much better. I've seen samples packaged that way, so maybe they'll eventually put pumps in the full-size product.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for sensitive skin, March 30, 2013
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
I have very oily and sensitive skin, so finding wrinkle preventing items is very difficult. I decided to give this one a go due to the reviews that were given. Unfortunately even with looking at the ingredients, this broke me out all over even on my neck. Would definitely not buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT WORTH THE MONEY, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
not worth it, nice moisturizer but does nothing for wrinkles.
So tired of advertising that doesn't even come close to the truth

4.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting serum, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum 1 oz (Misc.)
This serum is very thick but it goes on easy and absorbs inmediately.It goes a long way with just a drop or two.
I been use it since early December and I noticed a more clear skin, lightening of sun spots . Good under makeup
since is does not have a greasy feeling. Scent could be better.