Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

• Customer Reviews

on May 12, 2008
Diamond Glaze is a wonderful product. It gives you a crystal clear, glass-like raised surface anywhere you put it. Surprisingly, it dries very fast, so you can finish your project fairly quickly. I haven't tried mixing it with dye's yet (read instructions),but I can see endless possibilities with this. When I first got it, I wanted to glaze everything in the house!

Its a very good product and I highly recommend it. You will want to get the small bottle with applicator AND the 18 oz refill.

[...]
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2012
This glaze gets a minus 10 stars!!!

I am getting into several craft projects. I wanted to dabble in making some cute bottle cap magnets and maybe see what I could do in the way of bottle cap projects for 10 year olds. So I bought several different glazes. I haven't tried them all yet. But I have tried this one and it is a total fail!!! I am comparing it to Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents Precision Tip, 2-Ounce as of right now. My bottle cap pictures should tell the story! (The pictures I am referring to are the ones that have the little rhinestone flowers in the bottle caps). If you go to Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents Precision Tip, 2-Ounce you can see several of my bottle caps so you can see how much more clear the Glossy Accents brand is.

I put an embellishment (rhinestone flower, sticker, bee, etc.) in each bottle cap and then filled it with glaze. For the rhinestone flower in the bronze bottle cap, I used the same bottle caps, same color, same day (therefore the temperature in the house was the same) and you be the judge. Diamond Glaze dried cloudy and almost dirty looking. And when I looked at it the next day, there was a big hole where a bubble had emerged and burst. So there is a crater in my bottle cap art!

The Glossy Accents brand, on the other hand, is clear with ZERO bubbles. The precision tip really helps in that respect!

So I positively DO NOT recommend Diamond Glaze! Unless you just wanna use it like glue and it will not be seen. Or unless you want a purplish white hazy dirty cloudy look over the top of your art. BLUCK!!!
review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2014
This product is junk. With a name like Diamond Glaze one expects something that is hard and clear. You will not come close to that with this product. Here is a list of why this is not worth the money:

1. No instructions on the bottle. This means if you buy it in a craft store you won't know about it's limitations until you come home and search their website for some information. I suppose then you could return it but who wants to make 2 trips to get something that works.
2. No cap. You trim the nozzle to get it to pour, then you are left with an open container. How long will air ruin what is left?
3. As mentioned above, the bottle label does not mention the finished product is NOT WATERPROOF! Huh? So this is Elmer's Glue?
4. Did not ever set up for me, and I didn't pour it thick. It just sat there, never became clear (like a diamond it is named for), eventually approached something like being set, but as other reviewers have mentioned, it never gets hard enough to not be imprinted with whatever touches the surface. Again, the name of the product is misleading, there is nothing 'diamond'-like at all.
5. Cannot be poured over anything made of paper. The website says card stock only, but again, why isn't this ON THE LABEL?? The result is the paper you pour it over wrinkles from excessive moisture.

As a child I used to mess around with Elmer's Glue and liked how I could pour little puddles over stuff and sort of get a clear coat that was thick. Was fun but had limitations. Diamond Glaze has all the limitations of my glue experiences as a child, and so I would never recommend this product for adults who are making serious work. It just isn't up to the task to be taken seriously.

It is a mistake to think this product acts like a clear casting resin. I made that mistake BECAUSE THE LABEL SAYS ALMOST NOTHING! I really believe that the makers of this product have deliberately mis-named Diamond Glaze to confuse crafters into thinking this is a high-quality clear resin that can be poured. It is just glue and nothing more.
Save your money!!!
33 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2010
This stuff does give a good gloss finish however what it doesn't tell you is that if an object is laid on it,long after the finish has hardened, the glaze will show an indent of that object. I used it in jewelry and placed it in my jewelry box. A pin laid on it and now I have an indentation of the pin!!! I'll stick with Magic Glos.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2010
I used this product to protect a picture I placed in a charm. I watched the video on the Internet and followed the directions. Unfortunately, I used a picture I, myself, printed and the product worked but the picture developed small,black streaks. I guess this works best on pictures that are not printed by a computer printer. I used an inkjet printer and a premium glossy Epson paper. Otherwise, it does give a glossy look to the picture.
1111 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2012
Just learned how to make beads from paper, and was looking around for something that would make my beads not look so home made, so I Looked around, ask a couple of friends , everyone told me about this Judikins Diamond Glaze, well its the best thing ever, you can apply it with or without water, for a diffrent look. it dose dry fast, but you have enough time to do your bead.its great, love it and I Will always use this stuff. The Diamomnd Glaze.
on April 10, 2015
I use this to make paper beads. This stuff is awesome! It works much better than modge podge. It leaves a shiny coat over the beads and makes them look so much better. All the other stuff I tried looks dull and lifeless. But this... this is perfect. Although I don't suggest sending your paper beads through the washer or soaking them (like taking a shower with them on you). Here is a picture of some camo beads I made with the glaze on them.
review image
on May 11, 2012
Made key rings for my sister-in-law and mother-in-law for Mother's Day, which involved gluing paper to a metal washer -- the kind you find in the nuts and bolts section at your local home improvement store. It was my first time using it so here are some tips.

1. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. If you shake it, then it will bubble.

2. WAIT BETWEEN COATS. I gave it at least six hours between coats, and stopped at 3 coats total.

3. IT DOESN'T SMEAR. At least, it didn't for me. I used it on paper printed from my HP inkjet computer and it worked fine.

4. CAN USE WITH GLITTER POLISH. I used a coat of clear glitter polish (China Glaze Fairy Dust) as my next to the last coat, and then put on a final, thin coat. It made the glitter shinier.

I love this product, and look forward to making many more items with it. The possibilities are truly endless!
on July 25, 2012
I use this glue for sealing picture behing glass tiles. It is a bit thicker than the first product I used which has made it easier to control and much less messy. I will use this product again.
on July 3, 2014
I bought this product at the recommendation of other crafters for glazing paper beads. I had been using Mod Podge until using the Judikins Diamond Glaze. This product is excellent! I find it dries quicker and is better than the Podge by a landslide for my purposes. It dries cleaner, has no noticeable odor, is not at all sticky like the Podge when dry, and I find it glazes my paper beads to a high shine with only two coats instead of three. I can use about a nickel-sized blob of Judikins to do dozens of beads, and it really is dry in about 20 minutes or so. I highly recommend this for glazing about anything in crafting....it probably has lots of other uses I haven't discovered yet......but I will!