Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now Tikes

on June 4, 2012
Everyone's skin will react differently to different products, so this product may be fine for you. However, this made my skin worse! I'm 26 and I have oily skin, making me prone to breakouts. I was having more breakouts than usual (one a week) so I decided to try this product line. After using this for a week, my skin was in a constant state of adolescent acne. We're talking ALL OVER my face here. Just awful. I stuck it out for a month and it only got worse. I ended up having to go to the dermatologist to get a topical AND oral medication to clear the mess Juicy Beauty left behind.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2015
So here's the deal: in September, my skin erupted with cystic acne after a long-term relationship I was in ended. The stress caused my skin to well up in a way I've never experienced before, and it was so tragic it actually distracted me from the break-up. My skin has never been clear, and I had experienced cystic bumps here and there prior to this incident. However, I looked like I had suffered an extreme chemical burn that blistered the entire lower portion of my face.

Panicked, I went to Ulta to find makeup strong enough to cover my monstrous appearance yet gentle enough not to exasperate it. That's when I was directed to this Juice Beauty kit, in an effort to "change the canvas, not paint over it" as the Ulta rep (with flawless, glowing skin) put it. I bought it with extremely low expectations and extremely high chagrin.

About a week later, I was put on Accutane. This is an extremely powerful medication for only the worst acne sufferers. My doctor forbade me from using any products that were not designed for sensitive skin, so I had to shelve my Juice Beauty kit.

Flash forward to May. I took myself off Accutane because of the horrendous, non-acne related side effects (extreme hair loss, muscle weakness, depression). My skin now, however, is relatively clear, albeit scarred deeply on my cheeks. Since the drug stays in your system for a month after your last dosage, I had to wait before using anything not labeled "sensitive skin".

Now it's June. I pulled out my Juice Beauty kit after two little pimples started sprouting on my face. I used the wash in the morning (I use a gentle, cream cleanser at night) and the serum at night under a heavy moisturizer. I used the peel once, and sporadically use the oil-free moisturizer. My pimples were gone in two days! I've also noticed that my scar tissue is less pronounced, as I believe the product is evening my skin tone.

My final thoughts: 1) Don't expect a miracle, especially if you have cystic acne. See a doctor. 2) This kit works best for people with acne-lite, meaning those irritating chicks that cry when they get a single spot on their faces. Basically, people who are non-acne sufferers that occasionally break out. 3) Best products in this kit are definitely the serum and the wash. They really do work, and they're gentle. I will definitely be repurchasing them. 4) The moisturizer leaves a bizarre, sticky finish and the peel felt pointless. Smelled, looked, and felt like applesauce. If you're into that, awesome, but those two products were let downs for me.

Hopefully this very thorough review helps some of y'all that are suffering. Believe me, I know what it's like. I simply think it's silly that some of the reviews on here are actually blaming the product for their acne... Acne comes from within 99% of the time, so you have to address that before any single product can help you.

Much love everyone! :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This kit consists of a Cleanser, a Blemish Peel, a Blemish Clearing Serum and an oil free Moisturizer.
The cleanser with natural ingredients worked well for my daughter's oily skin and I could perhaps use it in the summer or humidity prone months. It is a bit drying for non-oily skin due to the lemon juice.
It has organic lemon juice, organic sweet cherry juice, organic white grape juice, organic aloe juice, decyl glucoside, vegetable glycerin, sodium hydroxide, gluconolactone, sclerotium gum, xanthan gum, lysolecithin, pullulan, sodium benzoate, sodium levulinate, organic sage leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, lemon balm leaf extract, algae extract, tocopherol, retinyl palmitate, lime oil, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, sodium anisate, citric acid, may chang, organic bitter orange and organic ylang ylang pure essential oils.
It does not seem to have any hard chemicals but natural ingredients don't always work for all skin types, and may cause redness for some people. Typcially cleansers are not applied for too long.

Green Apple Blemish Peel:
This peel was average, did not seem to do anything right away but may help in the longer term with tightening the pores. It is like a gel that sticks to the face and sloughs off dead skin.
Once again it contains green apple juice, lemon juice, aloe juice and glycolic acid. Typically, glycolic acid should be applied in moderation as it can be harsh on sensitive skin. So use on a smaller area at first. I get a lot of redness from glycolic acid and cannot use glycolic peels, it was milder in this case but still itchy for me, but it worked on my daughter's oily skin.

Blemish Clearing Serum:
This contains salicylic acid as the main ingredient, only to be used if you have real acne problems. It also has some other juices, and aloe, but right now my daughter is not having a breakout so she avoided this one.

Oil free Moisturizer:
This works ok with the whole regimen, but can also clog pores and cause a breakout in some cases. This contains some zinc oxide to help with redness and acts as sunscreen. It also contains aloe juice, green apple juice, grape juice and other juices to soothe the skin and ingredients like Vitamin E to keep it bright and healthy. This felt ok to me, a little like their Sport moisturizer but for oily skin.

Overall, it's a nice kit to try to see if a product will work for you. I think it's not as strong as some acne products, but good for maintenance mode once your skin has normalized. For people with severe acne it may cause more breakouts as it has many juices that may react differently with the skin.
on December 21, 2014
I absolutely love this stuff. I have had acne problems for a few years now and have tried all the over the counter systems, clean and clear, Neutrogena, olay and a lot more. I've even tried Proactiv which only dried out my skin and did nothing for the zits not to mention the price. I have combination skin and this perfectly absorbed the oil without drying me out. It makes your skin feel so soft, moisturized and clean. I saw results in only a few days! The cloth it comes with is a great bonus. This will be my permanent daily routine :)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
 No matter if you're 15 or 50, if you have a problem with pores and blemishes, this kit is worth a try.
Be Patient.
When you go through any kind of detoxing, be it on your skin or in your body, there is that awful time where it gets a bit worse and you almost give up right then and there.

If you've ever done a juice fast to detox your body, you usually go through a period of feeling kind of sick and then you start feeling better.
I think of this kit as a way to 'detox' your face.

It contains everything you need for a month or even longer. After that you can invest in larger sizes if you decide that it's right for you. No one system is right for everyone, so this is a great way to find out. Just a little over a dollar a day isn't too bad.
You get the cleanser, serum, moisturizer, and a pot of the exfoliating 'peel'. Also included is a wonderful textured face cloth.

The cleanser reminds me of the uber expensive Kate Sommerville acne wash. It has a pleasant smell and cleans well.
Serums prep your skin so that anything else you put on works even better. This one is silky and feels nice.
The moisturizer is NOT heavy, so even if you have oily skin, don't be afraid to use it.

The real star of the show is the peel.
It's a refreshing, slightly tingling gel that is applied and stays on for 10 minutes and then is rinsed off.

My problem area is my nose and chin. Big pores that clog on my nose and those volcanoes around the chin (shudder).
At first my chin looked like the Appalachian Mountains. Then things started to calm down in a hurry. Improved texture and more even color.
Not overnight but quick. Give it the full month.

One thing about this and any product that has fruit's so important to wear a sunscreen while you're using it. I'm a big hat kind of girl, and that's also a good idea if you are outside a lot.

So hang in there, keep your skin protected, and follow the regime.
You can feel good about using for even more reasons, none of the ingredients are on the hot list of really bad stuff. No parabens, sulphates, dyes, or allergen-laden dyes and fragrances.
No creepy genetically modified organisms.

Feel Good skincare, in every way.
on February 25, 2013
I have been using this product for about 3 weeks. 1st week was fine, but got worse around 2nd week. left bumps on forehead which will not go away. Made my skin worst. More little bumps on the forehead.
on May 28, 2013
September Update

Ultimately I was unable to continue using ANY of the products from JB. Emailed. The company is more interested in taking your $ and refuse to refund any of my purchases - even though I can't use any of them. So not only was I brushed off but I was outright told I could not get a refund even though they push clients to use the products passed the 45 day refund period. This company does not back their product. They will encourage you to use something else on their line OR continue using the acne kit, stating on the website, it can take several weeks (i.e. well over a month) to see if the "purge" will subside. A GOOD company would refund customers who are dissatisfied and having serious reactions to their products. I will warn you now, buy it, but be aware that getting a refund will be nearly impossible if your have problems.

Seems the good people at JB are too busy to address my issue with their product so I found it best to forewarn anyone thinking about trying this product of my experience thus far. I've been acne plagued for more than 2 count them 2 decades. I've tried everything with continued disappointment including anything my dermatologist recommended. I decided to get this on a whim and the first week or so it "seemed" to show improvement.

Now, many people say with a new product there may be a "purging" stage where the acne is cycling thru and eventually it'll leave you with better looking skin thereafter. So far my "purge" is the worst my acne has ever looked and is emerging in places I've never had acne. How can that be? One thing to tell me my regular acne or hidden acne will pop up faster during a purge, but explain the logic behind acne on parts of my face never seen? My face has been completely ravaged and I'm on my 2nd month.

When I posted something with JB hoping to get assistance, I got nothing, nana, zip. Seems they were just more happy to have suckered me into a 2nd month and didn't feel the need to help out someone who could potentially be a lifelong customer IF this horrible purge ever passes because I'm pretty determined. Instead, I'm left to assume it'll either get better in the next 30 days or I'll need to go to another product. If it improves I'll keep it - but as it's looking (which is pretty darn nasty at the moment) I'll likely employ their so-called return policy - again I just have to see if this purge is a myth or not. I've had similar breakouts, but nothing like this.

I've used this regime religiously - alas just getting worse for now - all over my forehead (never break out there), all over my jawline (painful, scarring red patches on both sides), all around my lips. I've pretty much had to cut out make up most days because it makes it look like scabbed, uneven pavement.

The product - ok, the facewash is good. Doesn't dry out your face the moment you towel it off. Smells kinda lemon-esk to me. Nothing to write home about - functional, more than enough to get you through several dozen washes. The serum - so far I'm not seeing any improvements related to the would-be acne fighter. A little goes a long way. The lotion is mighty sticky, weird, very oil-free - so much so it'll suck the surface of your skin dry. I find my face is oilier in the middle of the day using this regime. If it were really balancing it wouldn't be nearly like the oil slick that it is. I have to constantly blot my acne prone, combination skin with those oil-absorbing sheets. Didn't have to do that as often before.

I'm afraid by the time I finally "grow out of" my acne it'll be time for wrinkle cream. Anyway, overall the product seems fine - the only item out of the entire kit I'd repurchase at this point - considering I'm still in the dreaded purge - is the facial peel. I love the peel. I could just about eat it out of the jar. Again, I use it as recommended and it seems to help the acne (when applied at night). The morning after when I awake the acne appears diminished. Then a couple days later I have a whole new crop of white and red beauties to remind me this kit isn't working out very well. Be prepared to be snubbed by JB after they've gotten your money because that's how I feel.

I'll consider editing my review at the end of next month - I'll be officially through two whole months & we'll see where my face is then.

August Update
Ultimately, I gave up using this kit other than the peel and the blemish clearing stick (which you'd buy separately). Only using up what I have left of the peel as I've found one made with similar ingredients for WAY less than what the standard jar costs. And ounce for ounce the stick isn't exceptional.

The products overall, I'm sad to say, never completely eliminated my problem: high cost - no real results. Had it, obviously I would be raving about it and not complaining about the cost (when you invest in the standard bottles). When will these companies get that if something really works people will happily pay for it - so long as it's reasonable? Anyway, I gave up on the all natural toner & have moved onto trying the Clinique acne kit in hopes it may slay my acne beast. But that's a new regime for me and thus I can't say for sure how it's going as of yet.

My JB purge was so damaging that my dark marks are still healing and I took a little break in-between the kits by washing with mild facewash and spot treating. Additionally, I developed noticeable blackheads which I'd never really had a problem with before JB.

Ideally, I'd like to think this JB kit could work for someone, but not if you have sensitive + oily skin. I'm assessing my "purge" was my skin reacting poorly to the product. However, many are vague as to how to distinguish between a reaction and a so called purge - if the purge actually exists, you know. Therefore, I suggest if you are breaking out in places you typically don't you may be having a poor reaction to something in the product. If you are an oil slick 30 days into "testing" a new regime, you're likely not acclimating to it well. That was the case for me anyway.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2013
When I bought this kit at whole foods I was really excited to try it because the advertising and ingredients seemed natural and like the answer to my prayers. However... I did not get receive any positive results from this line. It didn't help my acne, I believe it made it worse. And the reason I think their products are not successful is because of all the fruit "JUICE", which they claim is the cure. Please try another line of products!! I am currently using L'uvalla Organic skincare and it's so beautiful and calming to my skin. I'm sorry this product didn't do better :/
on September 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
4 Steps Juice Beauty Organics made my skin feel nice, but didn't necessarily make it clear. Everyone's skin is different and I have adult acne that is hormonal and cystic, so this was not a magical cure for me. What I like about the products is that it didn't do any damage to my skin like some of the harsh products can do. The actual packaging and products felt small, as I'm used to grocery store sized packages, but I was pleasantly surprised on how long the products have lasted. It only takes a little of each to go a long way.

The Blemish Clearing Cleanser cleans your face nicely and is easy to massage into and around your skin. My face felt very clean after using this.
The Blemish Clearing Serum is thicker than other Serums I have used and didn't leave a gross odor like some have in the past. It felt good enough to leave on my skin and go about my day.
The Oil-Free Moisturizer is lightweight, but felt thick to me as I can't use moisture on my face without a break out. I used this around my eyes and on my neck and decollete and really like how it softened my very dry skin, filling in a bit of the wrinkles.
The Green Apple Clearing Peel comes in a little circular case and I've used it twice. You spread on your face and leave on for ten minutes, so it's more of a weekend thing. My skin felt tighter after using and I did find it refreshing.

Overall, I found this too be a good product that my skin reacted well too. Again, it wasn't a miracle acne cure for me, but it didn't feel abrasive or damaging. I would recommend this to anyone trying to steer clear of parabens, proplene or butylene glycols, petroleum, sulphates, GMOs, Pesticides (Big one for me!) or artificial dyes and fragrances (can't believe they even still add these to other products still).
VINE VOICEon September 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When the juice beauty arrived, I had blackheads (giant pores) over my nose, a blemish on my chin, and a cystic zit on the bridge of my nose. The cystic zit was gone within three days of using juice beauty, which is impressive. The blackheads cleared up within a week. The blemish on the chin, well that beast is just winding down, three weeks later. To use juice beauty, wet face, apply cleanser, scrub, rinse. My package came with a nice little washcloth, which aided in the scrubbing. After you pat your face dry you put some blemish serum on, it comes in a little tube, it's very runny, so squeeze with caution or you'll get a whole mitt full. You can apply the serum to just blemishes or the whole face. I went with the whole face approach, which I liked, because it has a little tightening effect after you put it on, it's great. Wait a few moments before putting the moisturizing lotion on otherwise you have a white creamy mess on your face, when the serum isn't quite dry and you put the moisturizer on right get a mess. The face mask, was, nothing impressive. It comes in a little jar, you scoop it out and put it on, wait ten minutes, then rinse off. The mask never tightened, or made my face feel any different. So the mask, didn't do a thing for me. I really like the cleanser and the serum. It didn't do much for a real blemish, but cystic acne is awful, and it cleared that up in days.