5.0 out of 5 stars Juice Beauty Organic is a great line of natural skin care!
I have oily-blemish skin and the Juice Beauty Organics to Clear Skin Kit has been wonderful to my skin. The products are light on your skin and smell very light as well. I think with a combination of drinking lots of water, eating healthy, and using these products you can obtain gorgeous skin.
Published on December 19, 2007 by pannamai

1.0 out of 5 stars Made my skin worse :(
Published on June 4, 2012 by hmarie2

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Made my skin worse :(, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Juice Beauty Organics To Clear Skin Kit ($55 Value) (Health and Beauty)
Everyone's skin will react differently to different products, so this product may be fine for you. However, this made my skin worse! I'm 26 and I have oily skin, making me prone to breakouts. I was having more breakouts than usual (one a week) so I decided to try this product line. After using this for a week, my skin was in a constant state of adolescent acne. We're talking ALL OVER my face here. Just awful. I stuck it out for a month and it only got worse. I ended up having to go to the dermatologist to get a topical AND oral medication to clear the mess Juicy Beauty left behind.

1.0 out of 5 stars An Expensive Lesson, May 28, 2013
September Update

Ultimately I was unable to continue using ANY of the products from JB. Emailed. The company is more interested in taking your $ and refuse to refund any of my purchases - even though I can't use any of them. So not only was I brushed off but I was outright told I could not get a refund even though they push clients to use the products passed the 45 day refund period. This company does not back their product. They will encourage you to use something else on their line OR continue using the acne kit, stating on the website, it can take several weeks (i.e. well over a month) to see if the "purge" will subside. A GOOD company would refund customers who are dissatisfied and having serious reactions to their products. I will warn you now, buy it, but be aware that getting a refund will be nearly impossible if your have problems.

********
Seems the good people at JB are too busy to address my issue with their product so I found it best to forewarn anyone thinking about trying this product of my experience thus far. I've been acne plagued for more than 2 count them 2 decades. I've tried everything with continued disappointment including anything my dermatologist recommended. I decided to get this on a whim and the first week or so it "seemed" to show improvement.

Now, many people say with a new product there may be a "purging" stage where the acne is cycling thru and eventually it'll leave you with better looking skin thereafter. So far my "purge" is the worst my acne has ever looked and is emerging in places I've never had acne. How can that be? One thing to tell me my regular acne or hidden acne will pop up faster during a purge, but explain the logic behind acne on parts of my face never seen? My face has been completely ravaged and I'm on my 2nd month.

When I posted something with JB hoping to get assistance, I got nothing, nana, zip. Seems they were just more happy to have suckered me into a 2nd month and didn't feel the need to help out someone who could potentially be a lifelong customer IF this horrible purge ever passes because I'm pretty determined. Instead, I'm left to assume it'll either get better in the next 30 days or I'll need to go to another product. If it improves I'll keep it - but as it's looking (which is pretty darn nasty at the moment) I'll likely employ their so-called return policy - again I just have to see if this purge is a myth or not. I've had similar breakouts, but nothing like this.

I've used this regime religiously - alas just getting worse for now - all over my forehead (never break out there), all over my jawline (painful, scarring red patches on both sides), all around my lips. I've pretty much had to cut out make up most days because it makes it look like scabbed, uneven pavement.

The product - ok, the facewash is good. Doesn't dry out your face the moment you towel it off. Smells kinda lemon-esk to me. Nothing to write home about - functional, more than enough to get you through several dozen washes. The serum - so far I'm not seeing any improvements related to the would-be acne fighter. A little goes a long way. The lotion is mighty sticky, weird, very oil-free - so much so it'll suck the surface of your skin dry. I find my face is oilier in the middle of the day using this regime. If it were really balancing it wouldn't be nearly like the oil slick that it is. I have to constantly blot my acne prone, combination skin with those oil-absorbing sheets. Didn't have to do that as often before.

I'm afraid by the time I finally "grow out of" my acne it'll be time for wrinkle cream. Anyway, overall the product seems fine - the only item out of the entire kit I'd repurchase at this point - considering I'm still in the dreaded purge - is the facial peel. I love the peel. I could just about eat it out of the jar. Again, I use it as recommended and it seems to help the acne (when applied at night). The morning after when I awake the acne appears diminished. Then a couple days later I have a whole new crop of white and red beauties to remind me this kit isn't working out very well. Be prepared to be snubbed by JB after they've gotten your money because that's how I feel.

I'll consider editing my review at the end of next month - I'll be officially through two whole months & we'll see where my face is then.

*****

August Update
Ultimately, I gave up using this kit other than the peel and the blemish clearing stick (which you'd buy separately). Only using up what I have left of the peel as I've found one made with similar ingredients for WAY less than what the standard jar costs. And ounce for ounce the stick isn't exceptional.

The products overall, I'm sad to say, never completely eliminated my problem: high cost - no real results. Had it, obviously I would be raving about it and not complaining about the cost (when you invest in the standard bottles). When will these companies get that if something really works people will happily pay for it - so long as it's reasonable? Anyway, I gave up on the all natural toner & have moved onto trying the Clinique acne kit in hopes it may slay my acne beast. But that's a new regime for me and thus I can't say for sure how it's going as of yet.

My JB purge was so damaging that my dark marks are still healing and I took a little break in-between the kits by washing with mild facewash and spot treating. Additionally, I developed noticeable blackheads which I'd never really had a problem with before JB.

Ideally, I'd like to think this JB kit could work for someone, but not if you have sensitive + oily skin. I'm assessing my "purge" was my skin reacting poorly to the product. However, many are vague as to how to distinguish between a reaction and a so called purge - if the purge actually exists, you know. Therefore, I suggest if you are breaking out in places you typically don't you may be having a poor reaction to something in the product. If you are an oil slick 30 days into "testing" a new regime, you're likely not acclimating to it well. That was the case for me anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juice Beauty Organic is a great line of natural skin care!, December 19, 2007

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst customer service ever, August 8, 2013
Apparently they don't give a damn about their customers. The last time I purchased something from them I was automatically signed up for a 30-day replenishment for $35 a month. I never agreed to the subscription and I didn't even know about it until I was charged for it a month later. Customer service told me they won't do anything about it and that I had to have seen it on the website, which I obviously did not. Oh, and when I went to where the dumb ass rep told me to go, guess what? There was no mention of an automatic subscription. So now, I'm out $35 and I still can't figure out how to cancel the bloody subscription. I'm not sure I have ever been so angry at a company before. I felt like they absolutely couldn't care less about me as a customer there. I will most certainly never be purchasing another product from them, which is a shame since I actually liked their products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Had high hopes, December 13, 2013
When I bought this kit at whole foods I was really excited to try it because the advertising and ingredients seemed natural and like the answer to my prayers. However... I did not get receive any positive results from this line. It didn't help my acne, I believe it made it worse. And the reason I think their products are not successful is because of all the fruit "JUICE", which they claim is the cure. Please try another line of products!! I am currently using L'uvalla Organic skincare and it's so beautiful and calming to my skin. I'm sorry this product didn't do better :/

2.0 out of 5 stars Worsened My Acne Quite a Bit, November 30, 2010
I had heard good things about Juice Beauty, so I was excited to give it a try. I have been on Proactiv for several years and it had mainly kept my skin clear, but it also made my skin extremely dry and look more aged than it should (I'm 29). Plus, I figure anything that discolors my towels and clothing is no good. I was glad to switch to something organic. It has been 3 weeks now and now I remember why I started Proactiv in the first place, because my moderate acne came right back within just a day of starting Juice Beauty. I decided to remain patient in case my skin needed to adjust to the new product, but the acne just kept getting worse. On the positive side, my skin felt instantly more moisturized thanks to this product, but the acne doesn't justify this, of course. I will continue the search for a product that keeps my skin feeling moist, and also attacks the acne, but know that Juice Beauty just isn't the solution for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made acne worst, February 25, 2013
I have been using this product for about 3 weeks. 1st week was fine, but got worse around 2nd week. left bumps on forehead which will not go away. Made my skin worst. More little bumps on the forehead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, November 30, 2014
This product not only did not clear my skin, it made it worse. I am really into natural product so I was very excited when this came in the mail. I used it for one week and it did a lot of damage to my skin. After discontinuing it for 2 days, I was finally back to where I had started which was much better. I suddenly got tons of small little pimples all over my forehead and big ones on my cheeks. Definitely did not work for me. What has been doing wonders for me is products with tea tree oil. I recommend trying natural products with that in it instead. The results are amazing with tea tree oil.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Customer Service -- Expensive lesson, June 9, 2014
Don't do it. It may seem wonderful and nice but if you have any problem they don't help you. The woman on the phone told me "obviously there's nothing i can do to help you." Really? WOW?!!?!? I then asked can she send me a sample of a different product that I might like better and she flat out said "No. Since you don't want to invest any more money in the company then there's nothing I can do for you."
VERY EXPENSIVE LESSON! Try another brand!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 23, 2012
This product is the best ever I used. It clear my skin, the smell is awesome. Love it. I buy it again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Juice Beauty Organics To Clear Skin Kit ($55 Value)
$39.00