Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Juice Beauty Organics To Clear Skin Kit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 28, 2015
So here's the deal: in September, my skin erupted with cystic acne after a long-term relationship I was in ended. The stress caused my skin to well up in a way I've never experienced before, and it was so tragic it actually distracted me from the break-up. My skin has never been clear, and I had experienced cystic bumps here and there prior to this incident. However, I looked like I had suffered an extreme chemical burn that blistered the entire lower portion of my face.

Panicked, I went to Ulta to find makeup strong enough to cover my monstrous appearance yet gentle enough not to exasperate it. That's when I was directed to this Juice Beauty kit, in an effort to "change the canvas, not paint over it" as the Ulta rep (with flawless, glowing skin) put it. I bought it with extremely low expectations and extremely high chagrin.

About a week later, I was put on Accutane. This is an extremely powerful medication for only the worst acne sufferers. My doctor forbade me from using any products that were not designed for sensitive skin, so I had to shelve my Juice Beauty kit.

Flash forward to May. I took myself off Accutane because of the horrendous, non-acne related side effects (extreme hair loss, muscle weakness, depression). My skin now, however, is relatively clear, albeit scarred deeply on my cheeks. Since the drug stays in your system for a month after your last dosage, I had to wait before using anything not labeled "sensitive skin".

Now it's June. I pulled out my Juice Beauty kit after two little pimples started sprouting on my face. I used the wash in the morning (I use a gentle, cream cleanser at night) and the serum at night under a heavy moisturizer. I used the peel once, and sporadically use the oil-free moisturizer. My pimples were gone in two days! I've also noticed that my scar tissue is less pronounced, as I believe the product is evening my skin tone.

My final thoughts: 1) Don't expect a miracle, especially if you have cystic acne. See a doctor. 2) This kit works best for people with acne-lite, meaning those irritating chicks that cry when they get a single spot on their faces. Basically, people who are non-acne sufferers that occasionally break out. 3) Best products in this kit are definitely the serum and the wash. They really do work, and they're gentle. I will definitely be repurchasing them. 4) The moisturizer leaves a bizarre, sticky finish and the peel felt pointless. Smelled, looked, and felt like applesauce. If you're into that, awesome, but those two products were let downs for me.

Hopefully this very thorough review helps some of y'all that are suffering. Believe me, I know what it's like. I simply think it's silly that some of the reviews on here are actually blaming the product for their acne... Acne comes from within 99% of the time, so you have to address that before any single product can help you.

Much love everyone! :)
on June 4, 2012
Everyone's skin will react differently to different products, so this product may be fine for you. However, this made my skin worse! I'm 26 and I have oily skin, making me prone to breakouts. I was having more breakouts than usual (one a week) so I decided to try this product line. After using this for a week, my skin was in a constant state of adolescent acne. We're talking ALL OVER my face here. Just awful. I stuck it out for a month and it only got worse. I ended up having to go to the dermatologist to get a topical AND oral medication to clear the mess Juicy Beauty left behind.
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This kit consists of a Cleanser, a Blemish Peel, a Blemish Clearing Serum and an oil free Moisturizer.
Cleanser:
The cleanser with natural ingredients worked well for my daughter's oily skin and I could perhaps use it in the summer or humidity prone months. It is a bit drying for non-oily skin due to the lemon juice.
It has organic lemon juice, organic sweet cherry juice, organic white grape juice, organic aloe juice, decyl glucoside, vegetable glycerin, sodium hydroxide, gluconolactone, sclerotium gum, xanthan gum, lysolecithin, pullulan, sodium benzoate, sodium levulinate, organic sage leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, lemon balm leaf extract, algae extract, tocopherol, retinyl palmitate, lime oil, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, sodium anisate, citric acid, may chang, organic bitter orange and organic ylang ylang pure essential oils.
It does not seem to have any hard chemicals but natural ingredients don't always work for all skin types, and may cause redness for some people. Typcially cleansers are not applied for too long.

Green Apple Blemish Peel:
This peel was average, did not seem to do anything right away but may help in the longer term with tightening the pores. It is like a gel that sticks to the face and sloughs off dead skin.
Once again it contains green apple juice, lemon juice, aloe juice and glycolic acid. Typically, glycolic acid should be applied in moderation as it can be harsh on sensitive skin. So use on a smaller area at first. I get a lot of redness from glycolic acid and cannot use glycolic peels, it was milder in this case but still itchy for me, but it worked on my daughter's oily skin.

Blemish Clearing Serum:
This contains salicylic acid as the main ingredient, only to be used if you have real acne problems. It also has some other juices, and aloe, but right now my daughter is not having a breakout so she avoided this one.

Oil free Moisturizer:
This works ok with the whole regimen, but can also clog pores and cause a breakout in some cases. This contains some zinc oxide to help with redness and acts as sunscreen. It also contains aloe juice, green apple juice, grape juice and other juices to soothe the skin and ingredients like Vitamin E to keep it bright and healthy. This felt ok to me, a little like their Sport moisturizer but for oily skin.

Overall, it's a nice kit to try to see if a product will work for you. I think it's not as strong as some acne products, but good for maintenance mode once your skin has normalized. For people with severe acne it may cause more breakouts as it has many juices that may react differently with the skin.
on December 21, 2014
I absolutely love this stuff. I have had acne problems for a few years now and have tried all the over the counter systems, clean and clear, Neutrogena, olay and a lot more. I've even tried Proactiv which only dried out my skin and did nothing for the zits not to mention the price. I have combination skin and this perfectly absorbed the oil without drying me out. It makes your skin feel so soft, moisturized and clean. I saw results in only a few days! The cloth it comes with is a great bonus. This will be my permanent daily routine :)
on December 25, 2015
This kit includes cleanser, a blemish clearing serum, a blemish Peel and an oil free moisturizer. I've been using this kit for a little over 2 months and my skin has definitely cleared up. I didn't have extreme acne, just more like random spots of breakouts due to a lot of stressful things I've been going through. Overall, my skin is noticeably more even and my breakouts have cleared up. When I do start to have a random pimple or two, I use the blemish clearing serum. I also found that using the oil free moisturizer every other day has worked better for me. When I was using it everyday I found that my pores clogged a little faster. This is definitely a regimen I will continue as I've noticed some great improvements in my skin. Definitely give it a full month to start seeing the results!
on June 9, 2014
Don't do it. It may seem wonderful and nice but if you have any problem they don't help you. The woman on the phone told me "obviously there's nothing i can do to help you." Really? WOW?!!?!? I then asked can she send me a sample of a different product that I might like better and she flat out said "No. Since you don't want to invest any more money in the company then there's nothing I can do for you."
VERY EXPENSIVE LESSON! Try another brand!
on February 20, 2016
I was breaking out a lot recently which is not normal for me, I couldn't find the source, I wasn't stressed, or eating unwell but I just kept breaking out under my eye brows and along my brow line. I just ordered this item and got it yesterday, I used the product twice yesterday and once this morning and overnight it stopped new pimples from coming under my eyebrows (The last month every morning I would wake up with new bumps under my eyebrows!) as for my existing unsightly pimples, those were significantly smaller in just ONE NIGHT. I am looking forward to see the long term impact as I got amazing results in a short span of time.
on March 12, 2016
I have been using this for a couple weeks now and I absolutely love it! I am very prone to acne, especially on my shoulders and the top of my back, so I have been using this not only on my face but also as a body wash and since I have been using it my acne has cleared up almost completely! The wash has a very pleasant, subtly smell and a little bit goes a long way. I use a little less than half of a pump on my face and neck and a half to a full pump on my entire back. The lotion is light and refreshing and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily or greasy and the serum has been great to help with any stubborn acne. After using it my skin looks refreshed and healthy and feels soft and glorious! My skin feels like it does after I get a facial at the spa! I will not be using any other products for my acne again!
on February 25, 2013
I have been using this product for about 3 weeks. 1st week was fine, but got worse around 2nd week. left bumps on forehead which will not go away. Made my skin worst. More little bumps on the forehead.
on September 23, 2015
My favorite of the organic products out there so far; seems to keep blemishes under control (in my 40's so don't want the strong stuff I used as a teenager). I forget to use at night, so this kit lasts me quite a while - probably have had the last one for 6 months. The peel is great when I remember to use; brightens the skin. I use the cleanser and blemish clearing serum every day and moisturizer sometimes. (have VERY oily skin). Wish it was a bit cheaper! Full size verions are quite expensive.