Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 19, 2012
I have never juiced before, but after reading this book, I know precisely how to begin juicing--how to choose equipment, what to be aware of health-wise, what to expect on a 3-5 day juice fast or cleanse, as well as the specific benefits of juicing a range of fruits and veggies. This book is a perfect resource for someone like me--a person who has heard of juicing and been curious about it but who wouldn't know where to begin. The book was well-organized (an index would be a great addition, though!) and written in such a way that the data and research were easy to absorb. I was impressed that the author addressed the benefits of incorporating any kind of juicing into your life (even just a daily glass of fresh orange juice) if you determined that you didn't want to or couldn't do a classic juice cleanse. There was a good balance of encouragement and caution. There are a ton of recipes with helpful tips on what order to add ingredients. I liked that most of the recipes only had about 4 items and the ingredients weren't some strange, hard to obtain item I'd never heard of. If you are looking for practical juicing info and have no idea where to being, this book is for you.
on January 21, 2013
Juicing has become very popular nowadays, and for good reason. Combined with a regimented diet and exercise, it has helped many people lose weight and lead a much healthier life. While many people might be familiar with juices and even juice fasting, but so many people don't understand the science behind it all. John Chatham breaks down all the information in easy to digest sections (pun intended) with each one offering the next step in the juice fast process. He'll even help you choose the right juicer! Chatham is very honest about the juice fast and even gives readers the pros and cons of the diet as well as what they should expect during the fasting process. That being said, he explains the process in such a way that makes even the most skeptical of people, like myself, think that the juice fast/cleanse might not be such a bad thing.

Did you know that most people don't get the daily recommended amount of fruits and vegetables? That's because most people have no idea what actual serving sizes should be. Chatham offers 97 delicious and easy recipes in the book to get people started with juicing. Even if you aren't interested in pursuing the juicing fast, these recipes will definitely add a lot of the necessary vitamins and minerals in your diet that you didn't even realize you were missing. In fact, many of the fruits and vegetables that he lists contain free radicals and phytonutrients that help reduce the risk of strokes, heart disease and cancer. Chatham writes down a list of 20 of the top fruits and vegetables to use for juicing. The book is informative, insightful and above all, honest. There are interesting little tidbits of information throughout the book that adds even more value to the already outstanding read.
on February 1, 2013
Juice: The Complete Guide to Juicing for Weight Loss, Health and Life is a fantastic introduction to both why and how juicing can positively change the life of anyone. By walking you through the process and execution of different juicing diets, the book gives you all the tools needed to start a healthy juicing regiment.

Firstly, the book goes in-depth into the different reasons you should juice, and even examines the different approaches you should take, depending on your goals (juicing for weight loss is very different than cleansing juicing, for example). It then moves on to the options you have to choose from when selecting a juicer. This was immensely helpful, because I never knew there were so many options to choose from! The book then concludes by discussing the nutritional benefits and taste profiles of different fruits, vegetables and herbs to help you develop your own juice recipes.

This book was hugely influential to me and helped me to develop my own juicing regimen. Highly recommended!
on January 21, 2013
I spent $105 on ONE medication this week. While we've made so many advances in traditional medicine, we sometimes forget the body's ability to repair itself. Through fruits and vegetables, we have direct (and inexpensive!) access to healing nutrients. We don't have to disregard traditional medicine; we can supplement it.

Chatham blends scientific knowledge with a passion for helping others. He's not pushy, nor is he a know-it-all. He encourages the reader converse with his or her own doctor, and kindly provides an alternative diet for those with health issues.

I subscribe to a couple of health magazines, and whenever they list the good properties of fruit or vegetables, they only list a few. This book has the most comprehensive list I've ever seen. It's a great guide, with great photographs, and TONS of recipes.

There's something in this book for everyone, as it covers: anti-aging, upset stomach, sleeping issues, allergies, inflammation, acne, moods, and quitting smoking. There's even a hangover juice.

Since Chatham explains the HOW and the WHY behind how juicing works, we have a unique understanding as to how we're helping our bodies. We can prevent disease, reverse disease, and improve the overall quality of our lives.
on November 20, 2012
I've been trying to live and eat in healthy fashion for a long time, and author John Chatham's books on diets and other health-related issues have been instrumental in my progress t5hus far. Now the same author has written a comprehensive guide on juicing that has answered all my questions on the most effective way to do that. In here are details on choosing the best equipment and the effects of juicing specific fruits and vegetables. The recipes are simple, most of them consisting of about 4 familiar ingredients, all of them available at your friendly neighborhood grocery market. Knowing what your body needs is the first and probably the most important step toward total health. This straight-forward guide on juicing, offering a comprehensive tour of the process, complete with nearly a hundred recipes, is perfect for beginners. After seeing it spelled out so clearly, it's hard to imagine I've put off juicing for as long as I have!
on December 29, 2014
To start off this review from the book by John Chatham I was all pumped and ready to enjoy the benefits and possibly a major life change when I started reading the benefits and rolls this has to offer to ones all around health decission and the possibilities are endless and by just the noraml everyday fruits and veggies we can reach out there and grab on a daily basis.. but it was then when I was haulted uopon seeing this was not beneficial to one with a low immune sysyem and that would be me on the other hand, so with a little change in direction my family will still be able to benefit from the jucing cleanse and lets say my husband is real opt to keep this a must in our home as he is in awe how a 5 day jucing can cleanse a body as said!!
We love the fact that everything is so informative and very well laid out in each chapter many reciepes and the top 20 fruits and veggies recommened to help make this a success waiting to happen.. I hope you enjoy this book as our WHOLE family has.
on December 29, 2014
I never tried juicing before but my husband has always wanted me to in order to help us be healthier and get our proper nutrients in our system. I got this book to help me begin because I really did not know where to start when it came to juicing. Due to this book I now know which equipment I need and which equipment works best along with what I should expect when doing juice cleanse or fastings and all the wonderful benefits to juicing. There were lots of recipes some of which were great tasting and some of which weren't for me but regardless they have something in here for everyone! Best thing is the recipes were simple and did not need a lot of ingredients which is my kind of recipe! I highly recommend this book!

I received this product in exchange for an honest and unbiased review and all opinions reflected in this review are of my own.
on June 15, 2015
Juicing is something I've been wanting to do to help improve my health and health conditions, but I really didn't know where to start. This book really is a complete guide. It not only offers details about juicing itself, but also offers information on the benefits of juicing and how to approach it based on your goals. It offers guidance on which juicer to select. This book really takes the guesswork out of juicing. It has a great variety of recipes and is full of helpful information!

*Disclosure: I received the ebook complimentary to facilitate my review. Regardless, all opinions are my own.
on December 3, 2012
Here's the thing: I'm pretty sure I eat healthfully. I stick to fruits and veggies and good proteins, and that works well for me. But this juicing thing sounds like it could be a really awesome addition to the way I already eat. "The Complete Guide to Juicing for Weight Loss, Health, and Life" has introduced me to something I literally knew nothing about! It details the pros and cons of both introducing more juice into a diet, as well as doing temporary juice cleanses for a variety of health benefits. It even goes so far as to discuss blenders and juicers, and which type of juicer is best for you. There is a top 20 list of fruits and a top 20 list of vegetables to use when juicing; I can definitely get behind some fruit juice, and I'll have to experiment with some of the vegetables I never thought I'd want to `drink'... like asparagus and brussel sprouts! Either way, I'm really happy with this purchase and the all the information that I've learned in such a short time.
on January 4, 2013
What a great book! If you're looking for a life-changing read, this is a book for you. If you're looking to get healthier, this book is for you. If you are just curious about new trends in health, this book is definitely for you. John Chatham writes Juicing: The Complete Guide to Juicing Juice for Weight-loss, Health and Life. Juicing is a fast-growing trend in healthy living and all around fitness. The Juicing bug is catching on across the country and after reading this book, you'll understand why. Juicing will alter your mind, body, and spirit. What is Juicing you wonder? How can it help me? How do you Juice? All these questions are answered by reading John Chatham's Juicing: The Complete Guide to Juicing Juice for Weight-loss, Health and Life. Chatham outlines the Juicing lifestyle step-by-step. He will guide you through each Juicing step and lead you to a healthier, better you. Before reading this book, I thought the idea of Juicing was far-fetched and out of my reach. However, Chatham clearly breaks down the Juicing lifestyle, from benefits, to plans, to results, and puts the Juicing lifestyle within reach to every person. There are also 97 great and easy recipes in this book to get you started. Don't wait any longer! Feeling great is only one click away! Buy the book and get to Juicing! A healthier, fabulous, and confident self is waiting to reveal itself to you through Juicing, and Chatham's book is your ticket to gaining those life altering results.