5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful selection

Published 7 months ago by Kelly Garbato

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful selection, September 11, 2013
Kelly A Ward (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I was given a free copy of the book from the author and I have to say I was impressed with the great selection and the variety. My sister and I actually made the Celery and Carrot juice recipe today and added a little organic lemon juice to it (I find if you combine sweet and sour, no matter the combination it makes it pop a little better). I definitely think this book is worth your time, especially if you're looking for some better recipes, because I can tell you not all juicing recipes are the same and not all are exactly drinkable that you find out there... very good book!

4.0 out of 5 stars yay juice, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Juicing Recipes Bible: 50 Of The Best Juicing Recipes and Green Smoothie Recipes (Paperback)
So I ordered this for my DH who wanted to try juicing and thought it would be a good companion gift for the juicer I bought him for Christmas. It is a nice book an has a lot of recipes which he has tried and said are good. I have to admit the title was a bit deceiving though in that I thought it would have more recipies than one a page and expected a bit of explanation on what benifits the juice being made has. Maybe something like this juice will provide essential B vitamins or calcium or something like that. Seems like they could've filled the blank page space with a little more knowledge and info for the user. All in all it has interesting recipies and I can't knock it tor my not knowing how in depth it would or wouldn't be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, September 13, 2013
Good recipes but would have liked more pics....I am drawn in with visuals and more apt to make something with a pic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juicing Recipes Bible, August 26, 2013
I have to say I was a bit surprised to see Lavender as an ingredient! I love lavender, but never realized it was edible. I can't wait to try some of these recipes. I have been eating only fruits and veggies for some time now because every processed food that you can buy literally makes me sick. I've not called myself a vegetarian yet, as I do still enjoy meat occasionally (but it doesn't enjoy me). I typically cannot stand vegetables,so I usually end up eating only the fruits. And, I make smoothies everyday. So it was really nice to have some new recipes to use. With these recipes, I think I may just start liking my veggies now! Can't wait to start trying them out! And, now, maybe my juicer sitting in the cabinet will finally be put to use!

4.0 out of 5 stars recipes for life, August 27, 2013
Nice little collection of recipes to create your own juices. Most of the combinations I would never have even considered. I wish there was more nutritional information about the choices of vegetables and fruits he used. Also the amount of juice you would get from the recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Juicing Recipes, August 26, 2013
I have been looking for a way to get more fruits and vegetables into my diet. I had never considered the benefits of juicing until I stumbled upon this book. It contains many simple recipes that are easy enough for a beginner to feel comfortable with. I like how the author describes the benefits of the ingredients in each recipe. The book also has a bunch of interesting facts. For instance, I did not know that the body absorbs vitamins and nutrients more easily in the morning. If anyone is looking for some quick and easy juicing recipes this book is perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, Produce Readily Available, August 25, 2013
MOH3 (Lemon Grove,CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great book of simple, tasty juicing recipes for people tired of the same old juice bar standards. Cannot wait to try the cabbage and lemon juice!

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Juices & Smoothies, August 24, 2013
Some really simple and delicious recipes! The recipes are very easy to follow. The ebook includes a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, more so than many juicing books you find on the market right now.

LT Member Giveaway

2.0 out of 5 stars 50 Juicing Recipes; Nothing More, Nothing Less, March 21, 2014
This book does indeed feature fifty juicing recipes, but it’s a bit of a stretch to call it a “Bible.” In the short, 1 ˝-page introduction, the author doesn’t list any tips or tricks for juicing beyond “wash your produce, remove any damaged bits, and serve immediately,” nor does he offer any advice about choosing and maintaining a juicer. Most of the 59 pages are taken up by the recipes…and a ton of white space.

The recipes mostly seem to be somewhat standard fare as far as juicing goes. However, a few interesting combinations caught my eye: Wild Berry and Mint; Mango and Lavender; Fennel and Pear; Coriander Lime; Gazpacho; and Strawberry and Rosemary. I can’t wait to try them out once these fruits and veggies come into season! As a vegan, I’m kind of disappointed that the author relies on honey as a sweetener, and doesn’t suggest any vegan substitutions. Even so, I’d classify this book as “vegan friendly,” since any vegan worth her weight in Daiya knows to swap out honey for agave nectar, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, or plain old sugar.

The format of the book can generously be described as “plain”: just a simple, 12-point Times New Roman font on a plain white background. There are no photos or artwork to speak of (or least not in the pdf copy I received for review). Each page contains only one recipe (where two could easily fit), resulting in a ridiculous amount of boring white space. The JUICING RECIPES BIBLE is really more of a pamphlet than a book.

It could really benefit from a pass through an editor’s hands, too. In just a quick read-through, I spotted several grammatical mistakes; less forgivable are errors in the recipes themselves, such as the Fennel and Pear Juice, which calls for both pears and “pear bulbs.” Additionally, Chung repeats his earlier advice to “drink immediately” in the directions of every. single. recipe., which starts to feel really tiresome, really quickly. While I assume that each recipe is meant to serve one person, I’m really guessing here, as none of the recipes include information about serving sizes.

4.0 out of 5 stars i am now a juicer, January 26, 2014
it is just what i needed. i only wish it included the calorie intake and the benifits of the juice you make.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›