4.0 out of 5 stars New to Juicing!
Published 6 months ago by Shelley R. Morse

The author is on-selling the Great Kale Tale, and most of her book is based upon it; this is a huge disappointment as it shows her to be driven more by what is a marketed as a superfood rather than what is actually good for you.

Published 14 days ago by Gastronomix

4.0 out of 5 stars New to Juicing!, January 12, 2014
We recently found out my husband has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I bought this book in hopes it would help me get more nutrition into him without filling him up. I use many of the recipes daily. Most juices only last about 12 hours because they don't have preservatives in the juices you make at home... which is the reason why I don't just buy 100 percent juice from the store. I have yet to find a recipe in this book my husband does not like.. which is a rare thing. Since he hates most fruits and veggies. The more I learn about juicing.. the more I notice most recipes to help build up your immune system.. have at least one apple in it.. so even if the recipe doesn't call for an apple.. I still put one in. Also, if you are using fresh ginger root.. a little goes a LONG way. Kale is very bitter, so I only add a tiny bit. I would rather add a little bit and my husband drink it, then add the recommended amount and have to throw it away. I haven't used this book for weight loss, because right now, I am more concerned in getting vitamins into my husband's system. However, once I get proficient at juicing for him.. I'd like to see how it does for weight loss and I will update my review. The ingredients are easy to find. Just be sure to wash off all the "wax" the grocery stores use to make everything look pretty. I have found an organic store that I am going to begin to buy my fruits and veggies from as soon as I have used up what I have already bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay for Juicing!, October 21, 2013
My husband and I have been wanting to give juicing a try, but with all the FREE information online it was a bit overwhelming. We just didn't know where to start, all the "experts" had different ideas and the recipes were limitless. So we put it off and put it off.

Having come across this book was so helpful. It's a very basic guide with all the information you need to get started along with over 100 recipes! Looking at recipes online I could never be sure if they were real recipes people have actually tried or if folks were just posting basic recipes they copied form someone else without actually trying them first. I wanted to be sure that what we tried first was good enough to make us want to continue juicing. It is great to have such an extensive collection of tried and true recipes all in one place.

I couldn't be happier with this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and healthy!, October 26, 2013
This is by far the best Juicing related book that I have came across so far through Kindle, and I must have read at least 5 within the past few months alone. I love how the author writes in a clear, concise manner that skips all unnecessary filler and 'fluff' and gets right to informing the reader in a straightforward style. I have only tried a few recipes so far but I am very happy to find that I don't have to sacrifice taste for healthiness; they are all natural and taste great but most importantly, they are all good for the drinker. I will definitely be checking out future releases by Liz, if they are as good as this then I know I will be in for a treat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Expected more recipes, but still plenty., March 27, 2014
This review is from: Juicing Recipes: 100+ Delicious And Nutritious Green Juicing Recipes That Trim And Slim (Paperback)
I like the book, but the title is misleading. There aren't 100+ recipes as a lot of them are repeated in different sections of the book. But there are a ton of good recipes using easy to find ingredients. I've made several juices already and I've loved them all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, February 24, 2014
I purchased this because I was looking for juicing recipes and after reading the reviews for it, decided to go for it. These are great basic recipes and easy to do. Plus you don't have to have a huge spice drawer to add to the juice. I use my iPad as a cook book and love using the Kindle app and this was another plus for this book. This is a very straight forward book and doesn't have a bunch of extra stuff in it, which I appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Information, November 30, 2013
All the recipes are not full of ingredients you cannot purchase. If your pocketbook does not allow for organic, you can buy at the grocery store. Would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars As always yet another Incredible book by this outstanding author!, September 25, 2013
I just love this author's books! She is sooo talented and sooo generous at the same time. I had to wait until today to get her book FOR FREE! Thank you! Needless to say I I read it right away. It is yet another gem of healthy juicing. It is a delight just to read the recipes, and I can't wait to start trying all the wonderful and delightful juices that are listed in this treasure trove. You must absolutely read it. It is the healthiest slimming there in my experience!

2.0 out of 5 stars Another book cheerfully & harmfully pushing vast quantities of raw kale down our thoats. Don't buy into the Great Kale Tale., July 9, 2014

So many self-proclaimed health/wellness coaches push the values of kale (and yes, there are quite a few) but quietly neglect to mention that we shouldn't be eating or drinking it raw. Kale is a cruciferous vegetable, and as such contains goitrogens, which when eaten raw pose a serious thyroid health hazard.

I'm not advocating against the ingestion of kale, but it must be cooked first (best way to maintain the nutrients is to steam it), as this will at least in part destroy the goitrogenic properties. There is a huge industry out there that presents the many health claims of trendy superfoods while ignoring any potential negative effects (quinoa and its coating of saponin, anyone?).

The other (non-kale) recipes are pleasant & relatively harmless, just keep an eye on the amount of fruit being juiced- you're getting all the sugars and losing out on the benefits in the pulp you're discarding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the buy!, June 23, 2014
Great book.....VERY detailed and informative. There is a lot of information on all the vegetables, from their uses to their benefits.

5.0 out of 5 stars juicing with ease!, June 10, 2014
Great book for beginning juciers!!! They give you about 10 recipes for each different topic. I would definitely recommend it for those that want to start living a healthier life style.

$8.99 $8.09