Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 9, 2013
As a veteran juicer, I would usually skip over the front part of the book and just get to the recipes. I started to read the book and was amazed at how much information was given about all aspects of juicing. From weight loss to improving your health and even how to prepare the fruits and vegetables before you juice them. I recommend this book to anyone that is thinking about juicing or like myself someone who has been juicing for years.
on March 2, 2013
Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss slightly understates its value. True, it does give excellent and enticing recipes for making your own delicious juice drinks, but it also shows so much more. This book also tells you why juices are good for your body, how the different jucies affect the body and how to prepare your juices to obtain the maximum amount of goodness from them.

It has a focus on using juices to lose weight, but it also shows the value of juicing to increase your energy and improve your health.

Plus I love the bright and fresh cover.

Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss does everything it says on the cover. And more. Recommended.
on March 5, 2013
This is a very useful book. It's not just a bunch of recipes for juices but also takes care of all the steps involved, from picking the right fruits and vegetables to what you should look out for when choosing a juicer, as well as tips on the best ways to approach juicing for weight loss. Great value for the price of this book.
on March 4, 2013
Lots of useful information in this book. The recipes are in the second part of the book. In the first part, Donna explains in detail how exactly juices help you lose weight, what are the benefits of juices over solid foods, how to choose a juicer.... She even tells you how to prepare the fruits and vegetables for juicing.

The recipes seem pretty easy to make, some are more complicated while others are fairly simple. They are grouped into 4 categories, which I found to be helpful. What I liked the most is how she explained the benefits of each ingredient as well as the effect each juice has on your body.

A very enjoyable read, from which I learned a lot.

-DC
The author, Donna Hardin, claims that consuming fresh fruit and vegetable juices will help anyone to lose weight, feel more energized, and live a healthier, happier life. To begin, she explains the difference between juicing and blending, and how both are effective in extracting the liquid nutrition from fruits and vegetables. Ms. Hardin acknowledges that a juicing regimen is a significant lifestyle change for most people, and she recommends that people start small and gradually increase their juicing. In addition to losing excess weight, juicing will detoxify the body. The book goes into some detail about how and why juicing works, and gives some Dos and Don'ts of juice combinations. There's an explanation of juice fasting, also known as juice cleansing, where only juices are consumed for a period of time. The book describes the various types of juicers and gives some tips for purchasing a juicer. The second half of the book is devoted to juice recipes, arranged by their primary function, such as weight loss, detoxification, energy boost, and green juices.

The author made a credible and compelling case for adding fresh fruit and vegetable juices to the diet. If you're considering a juice diet, or if you're just interested in juicing, the book is definitely worth a look. Please note that my review does not constitute an endorsement of juicing diets.

A review copy of the book was provided by the author.
on March 1, 2013
I admit it; I chose this book because of its cover. There Ive said it. I also read it from cover to cover because it is so comprehensive.

Being fructose intolerant, I particularly like the vegetable-based recipes - Asparagus Delight and Green Carrot Juice and my health conscious teenagers tend towards the Detox recipes.

I already have my own juicer, but if you are wondering what to look for this book also gives you quite a bit of food for thought (pardon the pun).

All in all a lovely little book and well worth your consideration.

Cheers

Rosemary
on March 8, 2013
This book is like the 'Bible ' of juicing. I love juicing even though I do not juice regularly because of time restraints. This book has inspired me to get my Green Power out and lose some weight. I feel great when I juice.
on March 12, 2013
Do you consume the minimum requirement of fruits and vegetables every day? I know I don't and often feel guilty as I know I should. This book on juicing has come to the rescue. Packed full of health tips and including several recipes for juices for different conditions, this book can eliminate the need to detox and save you a bundle on vitamins too.

Raw fruits and vegetables are packed with enzymes too, which are frequently lacking in today's diets. Let juicing be in your plans for better health!
on March 6, 2013
I love juices and this book offers some great info about them and the advantages they offer for a healthier life style. Whether it is for weight loss purposes or just to gain some energy and feel all up and running, the author gives some simple ingredients for yummy healthy drinks! Beautifully illustrated. Everyone needs this book.
on March 8, 2013
I enjoyed this book. I haven't done much juicing but reading this information really got me thinking I should consider giving my body some of these nutriments it is missing. I feel like it was just enough information to get me started and if I want more, I can find my way to more recipe's.