Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on March 9, 2013
As a veteran juicer, I would usually skip over the front part of the book and just get to the recipes. I started to read the book and was amazed at how much information was given about all aspects of juicing. From weight loss to improving your health and even how to prepare the fruits and vegetables before you juice them. I recommend this book to anyone that is thinking about juicing or like myself someone who has been juicing for years.
on March 2, 2013
Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss slightly understates its value. True, it does give excellent and enticing recipes for making your own delicious juice drinks, but it also shows so much more. This book also tells you why juices are good for your body, how the different jucies affect the body and how to prepare your juices to obtain the maximum amount of goodness from them.

It has a focus on using juices to lose weight, but it also shows the value of juicing to increase your energy and improve your health.

Plus I love the bright and fresh cover.

Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss does everything it says on the cover. And more. Recommended.
on March 5, 2013
This is a very useful book. It's not just a bunch of recipes for juices but also takes care of all the steps involved, from picking the right fruits and vegetables to what you should look out for when choosing a juicer, as well as tips on the best ways to approach juicing for weight loss. Great value for the price of this book.
The author, Donna Hardin, claims that consuming fresh fruit and vegetable juices will help anyone to lose weight, feel more energized, and live a healthier, happier life. To begin, she explains the difference between juicing and blending, and how both are effective in extracting the liquid nutrition from fruits and vegetables. Ms. Hardin acknowledges that a juicing regimen is a significant lifestyle change for most people, and she recommends that people start small and gradually increase their juicing. In addition to losing excess weight, juicing will detoxify the body. The book goes into some detail about how and why juicing works, and gives some Dos and Don'ts of juice combinations. There's an explanation of juice fasting, also known as juice cleansing, where only juices are consumed for a period of time. The book describes the various types of juicers and gives some tips for purchasing a juicer. The second half of the book is devoted to juice recipes, arranged by their primary function, such as weight loss, detoxification, energy boost, and green juices.

The author made a credible and compelling case for adding fresh fruit and vegetable juices to the diet. If you're considering a juice diet, or if you're just interested in juicing, the book is definitely worth a look. Please note that my review does not constitute an endorsement of juicing diets.

A review copy of the book was provided by the author.
on March 4, 2013
Lots of useful information in this book. The recipes are in the second part of the book. In the first part, Donna explains in detail how exactly juices help you lose weight, what are the benefits of juices over solid foods, how to choose a juicer.... She even tells you how to prepare the fruits and vegetables for juicing.

The recipes seem pretty easy to make, some are more complicated while others are fairly simple. They are grouped into 4 categories, which I found to be helpful. What I liked the most is how she explained the benefits of each ingredient as well as the effect each juice has on your body.

A very enjoyable read, from which I learned a lot.

-DC
on March 8, 2013
This book is like the 'Bible ' of juicing. I love juicing even though I do not juice regularly because of time restraints. This book has inspired me to get my Green Power out and lose some weight. I feel great when I juice.
on November 8, 2013
I was blown away by the sweeping and scientifically ungrounded statements the author claimed were facts. That is irresponsible authorship. She would be much more credible if she would own her opinions as her own instead of making flimsy and ridiculous claims.

A single example where she claims what you eat is the only thing can give life. She not only dismisses God uniformly, but throw away genetics, mutations, environmental factors and more. Any reputable practitioner would have more sense than this.

I am enthusiastic to try some of these great recipes, and fully believe they will make a great contribution to my health and quality of life; but you can be sure the commentary is ridiculous hype and fluff that is a waste of my time.
on May 1, 2013
I read many reviews on this book before purchasing it and when I got it I read it cover to cover. I am surprised some things were not mentioned in those reviews. My qualms with it are as follows:
1. Many pages had grammatical mistakes almost like someone giving you advice in an email and forgot to spell check.
2. The author refers to the reader as "my dear" as if directly talking to you..This may have been OK in a forward or introduction, but it was used too often through out the book.
3. There is a noticeable lack of medical information supporting the practices discussed here. I would've liked some references to medical studies or something to validate this process, rather than an assumption that what worked for the author will work for you without noting the risks or medical impacts.
4. I am a new juicer so I tired a few of the recipes and found them to be not that pleasant. Maybe my pallet hasn't developed yet, but I have found that as a new juicer, I prefer to use what I have in my fridge and experiment that way rather than follow some recipe.
5. I hope this isn't too harsh..but I really didn't feel like I was purchasing a real book, more like grading an English paper.
It was interesting, but hard to consider it a trusted source of advice.
on September 4, 2013
This book is okay, more than half of the books is spent on information, not recipes. I was a little dissappointed at how few recipes there were and the recipes are somewhat repetative. The book is okay for the price.
on September 6, 2013
You would think that when you buy a book to start a juice diet it would have lots of recipes,it doesn't. Do not waste your time or the money on this book.