From the Back Cover
- Make fresh juices and smoothies
- Increase nutrition with protein and natural supplements
- Care for and maintain your equipment
Expert tips and strategies to help you make delicious juices and smoothies!
We know that eating your fruits and vegetables is one of the cornerstones of living a healthy life though sometimes it can seem like a chore! Enter homemade, delicious, and nutritious juices and smoothies! Packed with fruits, veggies, and a whole lot of goodness, juices and smoothies are an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. Juicing & Smoothies For Dummies shows you how to incorporate these delectable drinks into your diet, offers tips to bump up the nutrition with natural supplements, and gives you recipes for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, and dessert. Juicing & Smoothies For Dummies brings you up to speed on everything you need to know to start making these healthy drinks right away.
- Understand the basics get familiar with juices and smoothies, and the differences between the two
- Get healthy discover what juices and smoothies can do for your body both inside and out
- Find the best tools learn about which equipment is best for juicing and making smoothies, and learn how to care for and maintain them
- Drink in the secrets find out tips and tricks for making juices and smoothies quickly, easily, and without all the fuss
- Learn about fresh produce explore which of your favorite fruits and vegetables contains the best nutrients for your lifestyle
- Try out the recipes make a variety of fresh juices and smoothies at home
Open the book and find:
- The benefits of juices and smoothies
- How to build a stronger immune system
- The best juicers and blenders for the job
- Tips on how to store fresh produce to last
- What to do with leftover fruits and vegetables
- Healthy additives to boost nutrition
- How to cleanse the body of toxins
- Ways to replace meals with juices and smoothies
- Special considerations for children and seniors
About the Author
Writer, photographer, author of 13 cookbooks, Pat Crocker is a foodie and culinary herbalist, and she is passionate about both. A professional home economist specializing in herbs and healthy foods, Pat has been growing, photographing, teaching, and writing about herbs, food, and healthy diets for over two decades. She lectures at international conventions, is a regular on television, and is a seasoned radio guest. Pat is a bestselling, and international award-winning author.