5.0 out of 5 stars Juicy, indeed!, May 8, 2004
This review is from: Juicy Erotica (Paperback)
Juicy Erotica is undeniably a juicy book. The stories each involve food and sex -- two of most people's favorite subjects! A foreword by Michele Zipp, editor-in-chief at Playgirl Magazine, starts the book with a bang. Next up is a piece by Dante Davidson called "Farm Fresh" about a girl at a road-side fruit stand. There are both hetero and girl-girl pieces in the book. The most unusual story was "Dear Alison" by Maxim Jakubowski, in which he wrote to the editor about a very personal experience with raspberries. My favorite stories were "Doing the Dishes" by Rachel Kramer Bussel about a girl with an oddly erotic fetish and "Amy's Tattoo" by Shanna Germain about a strawberry-shaped piece of skin art. I've never read a book just like this before. I was pleasantly surprised with the whole thing. Also, throughout the book are delightful pieces of spot art. Very unexpected for a sex book, but really quite charming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously Juicy Sex!, January 31, 2004
This review is from: Juicy Erotica (Paperback)
This collections brings together two things most people love - food and sex. Taking the obvious erotic appeal of foods such as chocolate and fruit, along with other tantalizing treats such as chili peppers, these stories made my mouth (as well as other body parts!) water. From chilly icy cream to sexy, slippery olive oil, a cherry slushee to some very fresh fruit, these stories slather you in hot writing that will get make you ravenous for sex AND a good meal! Written by some of today's top erotica writers such as Carol Queen, Thomas S. Roche, M. Christian and Maxim Jakubowski, these are delicously naughty delights, each and every one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a fun read, January 22, 2004
This review is from: Juicy Erotica (Paperback)
This is the second Alison Tyler anthology I've read (the other is Naughty Stories) and I must say, this one didn't disappoint. She relies on a good solid group of writers (M. Christian, Thomas Roche, Sage Vivant, Rachel Kramer Bussel, Maxim Jakubowski and a few others) to produce consistently hot stories. Really enjoyed this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, clever and FUN!, January 22, 2004
This review is from: Juicy Erotica (Paperback)
I was wonderfully surprised by this collection of erotica. The stories and sexy as well as very well written and very smart. I cannot recommend this one too highly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty!!, March 8, 2005
VeggieTart (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Juicy Erotica (Paperback)
I'm not surprised that Alison Tyler created anthology about the sexiness of food (even tough it was intended originally to be about fruit). I have long believed that food can be very, very sexy, and this anthology proves it. The stories range from the lusciousness of farm fresh fruit, olives and olive oil, a strawberry tattoo, plastic fruits on shoes, cherry cough drops, chocolate and other candy themes (a bit of a cliche, but the stories are still good), plus a woman who gets insatiably turned on when she drinks coffee.

I'm now looking for the perfect vegan meal to tempt my sweetie...

5.0 out of 5 stars Have treats on hand for post-reading fun!, May 27, 2010
This review is from: Juicy Erotica (Paperback)
One of my personal favorites of Alison Tyler's anthologies, I've gone back to it several times because it contains some of my very favorite early stories from the likes of N.T. Morley, Rachel Kramer Bussell, Dante Davidson, and had introduced me to new writers (at the time) like Jean Roberta, M. Christian, Thomas S. Roche, who now top my "must-read first" list. My favorite story was the quirky letter to the editor penned by Maxim Jakubowski, on his failure to submit his erotic fruit story which took the reader into a delicious hotel tango involving raspberries and chocolate. Also containing Tyler's "Cherry Slushee", and an anonymous bonus story "Dangerous Fruitcake," which are just as kinky makes this a must read collection. I also enjoyed the extra food resources tucked into the back with tasty finds in film, books, and music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Succulent sexiness, July 3, 2008
This review is from: Juicy Erotica (Paperback)
Alison Tyler really knows how to put together a themed anthology that explores a topic from every erotic angle and represents a rich symphony of narrative voices. This delicious collection is very well titled, because what the stories here have in common, more than simply their integration of food into sexual adventures, is indeed their juiciness--that exquisite, impossibly delectable sensation of bounty and flavor and sweetness that characterizes both a mouthful of nectar and a moment of intense sexual fulfillment. Contributions include many by such masters of the art as Rachel Kramer Bussel, M. Christian, Shanna Germain, Maxim Jakubowski, Carol Queen, Jean Roberta, Thomas S. Roche, Sage Vivant, and Tyler herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Sweet Treat From Alison Tyler, July 20, 2008
This review is from: Juicy Erotica (Paperback)
Alison Tyler has once again put together a sexy-as-hell collection of stories. With Juicy Erotica she has found another talented group of writers to fuel her penchant for making us want more. Making us groan when we realize that we have reached the end of the book. Make us turn the back cover as if we can force more stories to appear.

Ms. Tyler has an uncanny ability to make us interested in things that we never thought we would be. She and her colleagues have made playing with your food not only intriguing, but a neccessity to try.

Another fantastic collection.

XoXoXo
D

Juicy Erotica
Juicy Erotica by Alison Tyler (Paperback - December 12, 2003)
$14.95 $12.73