Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

100%
Format: Audio CDChange

on July 6, 2007
When my wife and I listened to this it reminded us of youth centers or teen halls of the Sixties. This has several songs to dance to and is very upbeat. I don't often go in for collections like this because we have bought alot of greatest hits from groups of the Sixties. This particular CD had several songs not on the other CDs we have. I find myself putting together CDs of hits from other albums. This saves me the trouble of making a CD of hits. One other thing that makes it very special is they are all great songs. To often these CDs have only a few hits and the rest are songs from the period, but they weren't big hits. The sound on this CD was sharp and clear. Better than when we heard it on new 45s or albums back at the time. For those of you that don't know, many sound systems weren't stereo then and the record player or Jukebox needles often were not new so you got pop and hiss playing these then. I certainly don't hear any of that here. I highly recommend this CD.
on August 3, 2009
If you're looking for hits from 1967, you'll find them on this disc. And you get a full disc - 27 tracks in all. They're all original artists and the sound quality is excellent.

Some tracks such as Pretty Ballerina by the Left Banke and Shake a Tail Feather by James and Bobby Purify are particularly hard to find on CD.

The only drawback, for some folks, is the lack of liner notes. You get a CD in a case with track listings - that's it! But it's a fine collection of music. If you enjoyed the music of the 60's, you'll like this one.
on February 26, 2009
I bought this cd mainly for song by The Left Banke Pretty Ballerina,but there is alot of other good old songs on this cd and the sound of this cd is good. In the Track Listing it list the correct songs,but who ever listed the artist next to the song listed the wrong artist. These songs on this cd are by the original artist. This cd is another gem in my collection.
on July 10, 2013
I think the song was Tiny Ballerina. I liked all the other songs but particularly am compelled by this song by the Baroque Rock Group Left Banke who also did Just Walk Away Rene...Tiny Ballerina is so surreal...like hearing a Salvador Dali painting.
on August 18, 2008
Being someone who has had a life-long interest and love for various types of music, got my curiosity going as to how I might find some of those so-called long out of print music recordings. I came to "Amazon.com" and began a search. While searching, I came across many types of music collections thus finding a good number of music compilations to add to my own personal collection. This is just one area. If you have other interests- video or video recording products & accessories for example, I'd highly recommend "Amazon.com". Try it today! -RM
0Comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse