5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product
Published on August 9, 2007 by M. Massey

I ordered the JumpSnap directly from the website, not from Amazon. I gave it a go for about 2 weeks and finally decided to return the product to receive my cheerfully refunded money back, plus shipping and handling. Two months later, I'm still waiting for my refund to show up on my credit card.

The JumpSnap itself is very well built and sturdy. There are two...
Published on May 9, 2007 by RK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, August 9, 2007
This review is from: JumpSnap, The Ropeless Jump Rope - Calorie Counter, (4) Cardio Pumping DVD Workouts & Hand Weights (Misc.)
I first saw this product advertised on my morning news as great exercise equipment you should have that you may not know about. I remember loving to jump rope when I was young, so I went to the site, liked what I saw and decided to give it a try. The unit comes with the two hand units - one with the display and the other without, 3 weights for each hand unit, batteries so you can get going right away and two DVD's - one covering basic information and tips, the beginner and intermediate training and the second was a more advanced program.

The beginner training is 8 minutes long, broken into 2 minute sessions with a water break between sessions. The instructor is very good and I'm impressed that she is still able to clearly speak after 8 minutes. The 12 minute intermediate training kicks it up a notch from that. I briefly viewed the Jam DVD and decided to concentrate on the other two first.

Pro: As with any jump rope, you don't really have to work out for great lengths of time to benefit. I like to jump during commercials rather than follow the DVD's and I my endurance is getting much better. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use and there is no rope to trip over. It's small and the weights and units fit in a nice little bag that I carry around with me.

Cons: This is not a complaint against the product, but an obvious statement that this is an impact form of exercise. I have had knee surgery (and I'm a klutz), so I take all exercise like this very slowly to prevent further injury to my body. I protected my knee when I started by using my rebounder or my rebound boots, now I can jump in my tennis shoes without any problem - just keep it low.

I also want to comment on how great their customer support has been. I had misread the directions and was using the equipment incorrectly. I contacted them and within 3 days they had sent out a new unit with a return mailing form so I could return the 'defective' unit. Even the president and creator of the company has been in touch with me - you really can't beat that level of care. It shows that they not only have a firm belief in their product, but that they want to make sure anyone using it is as please with it as they are. I already loved the product so it was easy to talk about, but that is also a major selling point as far as I'm concerned.

3.0 out of 5 stars More like 2 1/2 stars....with improvements this could be a 5-star product, May 9, 2007

The JumpSnap itself is very well built and sturdy. There are two handles, one of which has the LCD display that helps to track calories burned, rotations of the "rope," elapsed time, and a beeper to let you know when your workout is over (if you wish to use this feature). It has a "snap" audio feature to make it sound like you are actually jumping rope. This can be turned on or off. There are removable weights that can be inserted in the ends of the handles (I never used them). The handles are rather bulky, though, so I wished that there would have been a smaller-handle option when purchasing the JumpSnap. However, overall the JumpSnap is a quality well-made product. So why the low rating?

If you look at the picture of the JumpSnap, you'll notice the ends of the handles have weighted blue balls attached to a short string to simulate the jumping rope action. They worked great as long as you are perfectly rotating the handles. If you break rhythm, change hand position, or stop, the balls will whack you in the hand. It stings! If you do a web search on this product, this seems to be a common problem with other users too.

The beginner and intermediate DVD workouts that come with the JumpSnap are incomplete. For the price of the product, I expected a complete workout including warm up, cool down, and stretching. Jumping rope is very strenuous, and properly warming up and stretching are crucial. Nowhere in the DVD intro or workouts is this fact mentioned. At the beginning of each workout, you go right into jumping. No gradual warm up. Not smart. At the end of the workout, you just stop. You should never just stop cold after an aerobic workout, especially an intense one like this! What do runners do after running? They walk around to cool down and bring their heart rates back to normal. Cooling down is VERY important, and again, nowhere on the DVD is this mentioned. Beginners or those new to jumping rope should be aware of this.

There is a separate 15-minute "Jam" DVD that features a large group of people doing an extended workout with the JumpSnap. Again, it is another incomplete workout due to the lack of warm up, cool down, and stretching. Since this workout was filmed in what looked to be a huge entryway into a museum or hall or something, the echoes from the instructor shouting instructions were annoying. Because of the echo-ey sound quality, the whole workout felt like I was being yelled at the entire time.

Tressa Campbell, the lead in the workouts, apparently uses the JumpSnap at her gym in a circuit-style class. It would have been great to have a circuit workout on the DVD that incorporated the JumpSnap. Not absolutely necessary, but for the price you are paying for the product, including another workout that you could grow with would be a fantastic idea.

Basically, with improvements made to the product, it would become a 5-star piece of fitness equipment. I think in the inventor's (Brad LaTour's) hurry to market the JumpSnap, he neglected to give it an extended test trial to iron out some problems and get some constructive feedback. Work definitely needs to be done on the handle design, and some thought should be given to improving the workouts, making them safer and more complete.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, June 26, 2007
C. Chapman (Tampa Bay, FL) - See all my reviews
Just getting started using the JumpSnap. Very easy to use as far as putting in the time, weight etc. I'm having a little trouble matching the clicks with my jumps; I jump more than it clicks. But it does get me off my duff and doing something and it's a big reward to see how many jumps I did and how many calories I burned in my allotted time. My aim was to do a lot of cardio in a short amount of time and it definitely does that. I'm very satisfied with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gret product!, September 23, 2007
RB (Oakland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I really don't know why people are placing "cons" for this product that have more to do with the effects of exercise as opposed to the actual product, but, I guess people will always have something to complain about.

I bought this as I love to jump rope, but unless you have a yard or a huge room to jump, it's just not feasible. So I bought these. I have to say, they're darn good!! I've read a few comments about the balls hitting you if you change rhythm or something...I've used them for three days straight, using the video, just jumping for 10 mins, etc., and I have never, ever had the balls somehow whack me in the hands, head, arms, etc. If you have any awareness of your body, you have no worries about anything hitting you. I haven't used the electronic features yet, as I'm more into just setting a timer and jumping for 10-15 mins at a time as opposed to knowing the number of jumps, etc. But they seem like a good feature if you're into that sort of thing.

Bottom line, if you like to jump rope, or want to start because it's a great way to become cardiovascularly fit, this is an excellent product to get you on your way. Oh, and the DVD is pretty good; the beginner routine is 8 mins split up in (4) 2 min intervals with water breaks in between. I used this when I first got it and it definitely gets your heart pumping.

So, don't worry about balls flying, the handles being too big, electronics being too light, etc...this is a great product that delivers results.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, January 12, 2008
Jumpsnap is the quickest and easiest way to get in shape. In 15 minutes you can burn 300 calories! It is easy to do, and there is no rope to trip over. I was able to lose about 8 pounds that had gradually crept up on me over the years but would not budge. I had tried walking, dieting, and other exercises, but nothing was as quick and easy as this. I started to fit back into clothes I hadn't been able to wear in a long time. The customer service is exceptional as well. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & intense workout. Very satisfied after 1 year., July 8, 2008
I bought this gadget last year because I read that jumping rope burns more fat in less time than other long-and-boring cardio activities.

At first, I was a bit skeptic because of the idea of jumping with an imaginary "rope". However, I jumped the first 2 weeks following the DVDs and then I started doing my own routines.

I put my favorite music and start jumping following the rhythm... it's kinda fun... anyway, after 4 months, I had dropped 20 pounds... eating whatever I wanted! And I kept losing weight... then I had to control the emotion, many people told me I was getting too skinny. The point I want to make is: this little device is a genius invention, and IT WORKS!

I don't need to join a gym or do some 1-hour "always-the-same" workout. With little room space, good music, and imagination, I can motivate myself to keep doing 10-15 minutes of jumpsnap everyday and avoid a disgusting beer-belly.

Couple a few minutes of jumpsnap with weight lifting, do not eat too much, and you will be in very good shape. Start slow... 5 minutes daily, following the DVDs... and in a few weeks you can go on your own, from 10 to 30 minutes or more, as you wish. But be careful, it can become too addictive because you will lose the pounds very fast and it's not so healthy.

One of the best buys in my whole life. This is something I can see myself sticking to forever. Very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected., August 23, 2007
It took a while to get used to the idea that I was "jumping rope" without jumping rope, but I have to say that I really like this product. The JumpSnap keeps me motivated to continue doing the exercise where a regular jump rope would routinely frustrate me from all of the trip-ups. This product is what I had expected when I ordered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A miracle fat-burner, September 5, 2007
I bought jumpsnap about two weeks ago and it has burned fat off my body which I have not been able to budge for years.I have logged hours on the treadmill for years to no avail, I have lifted weights which helped somewhat but after jumpsnapping for only one week about 15 miinutes a day, my clothes are falling off and fat is melting from everywhere. Mind you, I am 55 years old so fat-burning has been practically impossible... until I bought and started using junpsnap!Another plus, I had trouble with my CD's so I sent an email of the the details of my problem to the owner-inventer of this miracle work-out tool and he promptly rectifed the situation which is refreshing ...A great work-out tool that delivers even more than it promises.Another big plus....my dog and cats do not get snapped by a rope ... there is no rope so they can practically sit at my feet and watch me work-out without getting hurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good--from a SAHM mom, April 8, 2008
I bought this about 2 months ago but didn't pull it out til last week--I thought i was too busy. Well, whaddya know, it doesn't take much time at all to really start sweating. I am a former hardcore athlete who has since had two babies, and I am tired of the fat around the middle. So with two young kids (and homeschooling too) I simply could not find the time to exercise. I don't have a sitter, so that's out. My husband works a lot, and sometimes weekends too, so that's out--I suppose I could work out when he gets home at 8:30, but really, I am beat. So...I decide to try the Jump Snap. My husband, who likes to jump rope, thought it was ridiculous. "Why not just jump rope??" he says. Well, the truth is, I don't really feel like concentrating that hard. Add to that the fact that our apartment isn't huge, and I just thought this would be a fun alternative. I watch the nightly news which I've tivo-ed every night while jumping, after the kids go to bed, or I go for 10-15 minutes while the kids are coloring or reading. I feel better and more energetic, which is almost as important as burningn the fat, so that's great. I haven't tried it long enough to be able to tell whether I will lose the butt and belly fat, but heck, at least I'm MOVING, right?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 1, 2008
Patricia Best (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
I've had my JumpSnap for a month now and love it! I have progressed from the beginner workout of 8 minutes to the 16 minute one, with weights in the handles, and have seen a huge increase in my cardio ability. I started out, after the first two minute session a month ago, breathless and sweating, but now I can do the full 16 minute workout without taking longer water breaks. My pants fit better too! I highly recommend this as a fun, quick way to exercise at home, or while traveling!

Rate and Discover Movies