5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest High Quality Rebounder
Overall Review:

I've had a few fitness trampolines the last couple years. From cheap 20 dollar ones to the high quality spring ones. I was extremely hesitant to get this one because of its price, because I am a full time student on a budget. However after watching the Round Lady videos on youtube I was pretty much convinced.

The elastic cords make...
Published on October 3, 2011 by Alyssa

3.0 out of 5 stars Elastic cords wear out fast
Published 17 months ago by L. Kimberlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest High Quality Rebounder, October 3, 2011
Overall Review:

The elastic cords make for a wonderful and extremely soft bounce. I have bad knees due to accident, which makes running and walking hard on them after time. Even after a long workout on this I don't feel my knees going out or start to hurt.

I did allot of research and this and the Belicon fitness trampoline are the only two brands I know of that use these elastic cords. However Belicon is ridiculously priced. While this may not be as good as a belicon supposedly, when I compared the two the bounce was not that noticeably different, and I paid 600 dollars less for this vs. the Belicon.

-----

What its Done for My Health:

I was seriously overweight when I purchased this. I've been using it actively day and night for awhile now and its done tremendous things for my general health. Other than weight and inches lost I've seen dramatic improvement in my energy levels as time goes by. This is the only rebounder and general excerise I've been able to stick with because it does not hurt my damaged knees. Rebounding (mini-trampolines) also have the extremely nice health benefits. Just google "rebounding" or "jump for your health" and you'll see what I'm talking about. Even NASA says this is the best exercise you can do for your body because of what it does for your lymphatic system. With the right rebounder it also has little to no damage on your joints (a big issue for me, as I already have bad knees). This is the cheapest, best "soft bounce" rebounder currently on the market. I HIGHLY recommend it.

-----

Differences Between Models & Accessories:

There are two versions of all these. The kinds with petals, and the kind without. I personally like the kind without the petals because it makes for a silent bounce. While the petals make for a loud rubbing sound when you bounce. They say you can bounce on the petals, however the one I tried with petals made for a very uncomfortable bounce, I think they are just there for if you loose your footing. If you want something to cover the cords, they have a plastic overslip on the jumpsport website that is cheap and you won't get that annoying rubbing sound when you bounce. There is also "higher end" versions of this trampoline that apparently have an even softer bounce, though I have not tried those models personally I can tell you the bounce on this is plenty soft enough.

There is a handlebar option, which you can buy on amazon if you choose. It is pricey (80 dollars, almost half of the actual trampoline), while I didn't get it at first because I had no need for it, I eventually invested in it anyway. I purchased the handlebar after my mother's health started to go downhill, I started to get her to use this but she had a serious balance issue. The handlebar, though expensive, is worth it if you have balance issues or somebody you know also using it (especially somebody older) needs support. I actually found that I was happy with it too because I became more confident with my bounces without the worry that I may fall.

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one review!, February 25, 2013
Ian Garcia (Las Vegas, Nevada) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:25 Mins

My Review:

Pros:

1. Almost completely silent bounce (This is great because I live on the second story and I feel great knowing I am not bothering the people downstairs. See the video attached for a demonstration)
2. Extremely easy install (10 min) (Probably the easiest installation I have ever done, comes with everything you need)
3. Very bouncy (I can bounce really high with this if I want to)
4. High quality materials (You can tell this is much better than the cheaper $40.00 trampolines you find in the store)
5. Spacious (This trampoline is larger than what I thought it would be)

Cons:

1. Not so easy to transport (They addressed this with the folding version)
2. Poor product description (I had a difficult time comparing the differences between the trampoline models)

Which trampoline is right for you?

Unless you go to the JumpSport website and you are considering the higher priced models ($379.00+), the differences between the various JumpSport models are mainly,

1. The type of mats surrounding the trampoline
2. The ability to adjust firmness settings or not
3. The version of the elastic cords (Newer versions last longer apparently)
4. The ability to fold it for transportation

Once you go into the higher priced models, you will see the mat sizes get slightly bigger. Please keep these factors in mind when deciding which one you want.

Summary: I am 5ft 6in 143lbs and this trampoline is just about right for my size. I am a personal trainer and use this to help my clients workout with cardio. It is the perfect size for a workout inside or outside. If you are a larger person, you might want to consider getting the 350 model, because it allows for different firmness settings to accommodate the higher weight. As for the surrounding mat, the difference between them is supposed to be for safety apparently. The skirt mat (The thin one) provides more than adequate protection. The padded petal mat (The fluffy one) makes more sound with every jump, but has a softer outside. In my opinion, the skirt mat is perfect already. I can step/jump on on the edges of it and it is fine.

I am on a fixed budget and cannot afford to make mistakes when making my purchase decisions. Had I known about the different firmness settings available in the higher models, I would have purchased the 350 version. I thought this version (220) was adjustable, but it is not.

Note: A little warning to those considering purchasing the cheaper models of trampolines here on Amazon. My friend purchased a $40.00 one (Metal Springs), as well as a $90.00 one (Some kind of elastic flaps?). They both wore out within a month. Whatever you do, do not buy the metal spring or elastic flap versions of a trampoline. The elastic cord is quieter, bouncier, safer, and it lasts longer. Take it as you will.

END OF REVIEW

Here is the technical difference between the various JumpSport Models to save you the trouble.

JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220:

2. Does NOT come with adjustable cords that allow different firmness setting
3. 30 count EnduroLast 2 elastic cords

JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 250:

1. 29.5in Jump Space (Excluding the little petal mat surrounding the trampoline)
2. Does NOT come with adjustable cords that allow different firmness setting
3. 30 count EnduroLast 2 elastic cords
4. Padded Petal Mat

JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 350 Non-Folding:

2. 3 adjustable tension settings
3. 30 count EnduroLast 3 elastic cords (Lasts longer than EnduroLast 2. No difference other than that)

JumpSport The Fitness Trampoline Model 350f Folding:

2. 3 adjustable tension settings
5. 250-pound maximum user weight
6. This version allows you to fold the trampoline for easier transportability. (Not sure what to say about this. It has good reviews online. The only negative review on Amazon has the person saying a leg broke, but the company quickly fixed the issue by sending a replacement. The person amended their review in the comments and is happy, but forgot to update the stars for the review)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 20, 2010
This review is from: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 (Sports)
I hate jogging and I was looking for a sort of aerobic exercise device that I could use easily around my house on a whim. After reading about rebounding, I though I'd give it a try. I did lots of research on the best trampoline for the money and came across this model after several days of looking through the net. There is not a lot of information about it online right now as it apparently was only released in late 2009. I decided to take a chance on this model because it features elastic bands (versus springs) and it generally looked well made on the site. After receiving it, I am very impressed. The build quality for all parts is excellent. The frame and legs seem very sturdy and the trampoline material is top quality. The tramp actually arrives put together except for the legs. It takes about 10 minutes to put the legs on with the included tools. You do not have to put the actual tramp and elastic shock cords on. In terms of using it, the bounce is firm but good and will launch you pretty high. Because the device uses shock cords, it is also very quiet. The other obvious benefit is the price compared to other models on the internet. I went with this model because it is about $200. Some of the other shock cord trampolines go for a lot more money. In sum, I would highly recommend this trampoline to anyone looking that is into rebounding or just looking for a slightly more fun way to work out.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, May 14, 2011
This review is from: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 (Sports)
I used to have a regular metal spring trampoline and since I have been rebounding every day and trying to do various routines especially power jump moves i discovered that i would get back and neck aches after doing those on a regular rebounder like needak or urban rebounder that are over $300!. I have been drooling about Bellicon but there was no way I was going to shell $700-800 to purchase that - its just a frame, mat and rubber bungee cords in the end! This is not rocket science, so charging that price is insane in my opinion. Then I ran across the Fitness trampoline and i purchased it right away without even trying it anywhere. The reason being is that its the best rebounder - its silent, it has no metal springs and uses bungee cords that propel you up in a gentle motion without damaging your back/knees. When i got the trampoline i put it side by side with my old urban rebounder and OMG! what a difference! like you are flying on this one - the old one couldnt even compare...
I sold the old one and this is the one i have been using for several weeks now and it's a pleasure! awesome design (only the skirt around the mat flares up a bit)
it looks sleek, its higher than the other rebounders and its a piece of equipment you would be using for many years with pleasure. This company offers the Audi of rebounders and its a smart move since there are no competitors in the US market in this price range for bungee cord rebounders. Also consider the benefits of rebounding for detox, lymph, muscles and all body organs and cellular integrity. Dont worry about getting the most expensive in their line - this one will work perfectly if you are at home (the cords are the same on all their models, just the warranty different). You wont regret it, i guarantee it. $200 is a small investment in your health and you will feel the difference.
cheers :) and keep rebounding for longevity!

4.0 out of 5 stars good accessory piece, would love to see them make a bigger model, December 2, 2011
This review is from: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 (Sports)
I picked this up as a lightning deal. Looked interesting and for the price I figured it was worth taking a chance on. I had looked at the 350 model and at the Bellicon's.

Set up took about 5 minutes and was very easy. I am not sure how the lone negative reviewer could have gotten bad legs as these are made of metal and very very sturdy (the rubber stoppers seem to be of excellent quality as well). That describes the overall product as a whole, well made and very sturdy. I am 6'3" and around 210. It handles my weight with ease. (update: Have used the unit for two months now and I have noticed if I am picking my knees up high and drive down with my heels hitting the mat first, rather then my whole foot, I can just bottom out on the floor. It isn't jarring or anything and I only have it happen when not paying attention and doing high knee lifts, but it does occur occasionally.) I had looked at the jumpsport 350 thinking it might be better for me as a heavier user, but I think the 220 is fine (still think that even with the bottom out issue, because it happens so infrequently and doesn't hurt or jar). It looks like is the same as the 350 except the 350 has more knots tied in the elastic cords to allow for different tension setting.

I tried it upstairs in our splitlevel as we have a high ceiling there and noticed it caused items on the walls, cabinets to shake, etc.... I moved it downstairs where I only have 8 foot ceilings but a concrete floor and haven't had the same issues. At over 6 feet tall this isn't ideal but for the 5-10 mintutes of use to warm up for lifting or supplementing cardio after a rowing or eliptical workout it is just fine and I have a few inches to spare.

It is almost completely quiet which is the biggest benefit of the bungies. also very little impact and the back, kness, etc... feel fine when on it or after getting off. I am hoping with light in home use it will last several years before the bungies wear out. (although I have two young kids who like to hold my hands and jump as well, which might shorten that lifespan)

As far as useable surface area to work on, it is a little less then I would have perfered. They list the mat at 33 inches, which if you include the skirting it is. However the actual tight part of the mat in the center is only a shade under 25" wide. The excess skirt area isn't really made for jumping on, its more of a safety area vs. workspace. Max effort/max height you need to pay attention to your landing zone. For me I can do a basic jump in place, twisting, some one legged jumping, etc..... but having a larger pad to do jumping jacks on, lunges, have a little more room when one legging, etc... would be nice.

Overall it is a nice accessory piece to add a bit of flavor to a warm up or workout. For someone my size it isn't something I would spend 20-30 minutes on at a time and get a full cardio workout on vs. a more traditional device such a treadmill. It does get your heart rate up and is a good physical activity, just for me the smaller mat limits my usage somewhat. In looking at the much much more expensive Bellicon brand and their significantly wider mats on their 44" and 49" models, I think you certainly could eke those longer workout times out. I do think Jumpsport has made a very nice trampoline in these fitness models. I would love to see them keep the prices well under the Bellicons, have the same quality the 220 has, but introduce a 44" or 49" model and get the mat sizes up a bit.

This is a great starter trampoline though if you are looking to get into shape, and still even a good trampoline if you are already in shape and just looking for something different to introduce into your routine for 5-10 mintues during your workout and I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Elastic cords wear out fast, November 1, 2012
This review is from: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 (Sports)
I really liked this rebounder when I first got it. I had previously used a cheap one, and this was a huge difference! It made the cheap one feel like jumping on the ground. However, after about 6 months time, the cords started to really loosen. Now, after a year, when I jump any higher than just slightly bouncing, my feet hit the floor, as the cords have become so stretched out. The only ones using this were myself and my daughter, the heaviest being 140 pounds. I am just disappointed that something that cost 200 dollars would wear out so quickly. I think I need to save up and get one with springs next time. Hopefully, they will last longer than the elastic cords.

Editing to add that I called the number the company left in the comment to my post and they do have excellent customer service! They are sending me a whole set of replacement bungees right away. I am very pleased, as I really do love the feel (and quietness) of this rebounder when it is working properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jumpsport or Bellicon, that was the question., February 2, 2012
C. Hong "windyrr2" (Lakeland, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 (Sports)
I was fully wanting to get the Bellicon after seeing it on You Tube and commerical websites and some guy on You tube comparing the two. Although the price was killing me. I wasn't about to take second best, (the Jumpsport.) My health was most important to me. I even had the color picked out. The black and orange mat and orange bungee cords. It made me feel energetic just looking at it.But something told me that I should at least sample how it felt. That would be alot of money to shell out and find I was the odd ball that didn't like it. I was sure I was going to love the Bellicon. People seemed to have so much fun on it. I found a Health/fitness store about 80 miles away here in Florida that had the Bellicon 44" rebounder and also carried the Jumpsport. I wasn't even interested in trying out the Jumpsport, just the Bellicon, which I was certain I was going to fall in love with. So,I drove all that way to try it out. When I got there I went right over to the Bellicon and got on. To my dismay my feet sunk down into the middle like I was in a rubbery sink hole. it was soft but I didn't like the way my feet sunk down, deep into a sinkhole. My feet and ankles felt unstable. I tried to do a soft bounce on it and it wasn't any better. I felt like my ankles were going to twist and my foot wanted to naturally lift up so toes were trying to point towards the ceiling. I tried taking my shoes off and it was the same. Just then the manager came over and asked how I liked it. I told him I was disappointed. It felt funny, unstable under my feet. He said if I had a problem with pronation of my feet, it could do that. He has the same problem with pronation and actually found the Jumpsport felt better. Still disappointed I let him take the Jumpsport 220 down for me. Here I had seen all these people on You tube and commercial websites happily bouncing a way on the Bellicon and I wasn't able to do that without feeling I was going to twist my ankles or something. I will add that although I do have pronation and a foot deformity, ) huge bunions and my right toe moved over to second toe and second toe lifting up and leaning over toward the big toe, so my balance isn't the best. ( am looking into surgery for it).I still manage to walk 3 miles, three to four days a week. and actually walked 12 miles on my 50th birthday.(I'm 53) . I also ride my bike at fast speeds a few days a week. But, I always was "bass ackwards," ,as my cousin likes to say. Things that work for others,often don't for me. I also have scoliosis. Anyway, I got on the Jump Sport and immediately I felt a difference.The mat was soft, yet firm. Not in anyway what you would call hard. And light years above the spring, coil style bungees which he had also, and I did briefly try out later, just for the heck of it. They were hard, like jumping on a rubber mat on the floor, and they made the worst squeaky noise. On the Jump sport,my feet stayed stable and didn't sink down into the middle like a sink hole. It did have a stabilizer bar on it. I did the health bounce while the manager took care of some customers. By the time he came back over to me 30 minutes later I was bouncing all over the place with it. Feet off the mat, even doing leg cross overs and jumping jacks. With and without shoes.To try to shorten this, I ended up buying the Jumpsport 220 with handle bar. Cost me about $ 267 with tax. I thanked the guy for letting me try them out. I never would have guessed that I wouldn't like the Bellicon. In the defense of the Bellicon, the guy only had one in stock and it was one he had left outside for a quality control test. He was about to order some new ones for the store. So, the one I tried out was worn and possibly if it had stronger ,new cords on it, I might have liked it better. Maybe the cords on it were too soft and thats why I sunk down in the middle of the mat like a sinkhole. I would advise anyone thinking of getting either the Bellicon or Jumpsport bungee style rebounders, if at all possible to try them both out. The shipping is high on the Bellicon if you find out that it isn't the one for you and needed to return it through the mail. Not to mention you would lose your original shipping. That would be about $ 200.00 out the window. The jumpsport has free shipping on Amazon.com, but you would still be responsible for the return shipping. I'm really enjoying my Jumpsport and actually glad now that my feet ended up preferring that one, because I just saved about
$ 600.00. But I know a lot of people really love the Bellicon. My feet just didn't.I will add the jumping area on the mat of the jump sport is a bit smaller then the Bellicon. The guy at the fitness store said with feet that pronate it is actually a better thing. Apparently the larger the mat, the more likely feet that pronate, are going to turn in and you will sink down in the middle of the mat. I'm still able to do my little stunts on mine though. I will also add that I tend to suffer from depression and this was just plain fun to me. I think my face didn't stop smiling the whole time I was on it. It just made me feel the joy I felt when I was a kid running carefree and bouncing around etc. It's not caused any pain in my ankles, or back at all. And I'm grateful that a company made a health product that is more affordable for those of us that are trying to improve our health, but don't have a lot of money.

2.0 out of 5 stars EnduroLast 2 cords broken after 5 months, September 2, 2012
This review is from: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 (Sports)
Would you pay $40 a month to use a fitness trampoline? Probably not. Granted, this trampoline was great fun for my boys who jumped on it while they watched TV or just to blow off some kid-energy. But would I have paid $40 a month for the privilege? Would you? No.
I bought this for my boys. The heaviest is 155 lbs. The EnduroLast 2 cords, which have a warranty of 2 years, have begun to break after a mere 5 months. This is very disappointing since it seems that the 2 year warranty mentioned on the Amazon description only applies if you buy the product directly from JumpSport. Thanks, Amazon for including information not applicable to a purchase made with you to convince consumers like me to buy from you. Thank you, JumpSport for failing to stand by your product when sold by dealers you chose.
JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 Non-Folding 40-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars jumping for joy, February 24, 2012
This review is from: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 (Sports)
I've been looking for ways to improve my health in 2012 and increasing my level of exercise is part of a two prong plan to do so. Since it's still winter, I was looking for a way to exercise indoors that would help raise my cardio output but in a low or preferably non-impact manner. In addition to having really bad arthritis, due to a couple of bad falls my kneecaps are held in place by screws so I need to be *really* careful what type of impact they are exposed to.

I did a lot of research not only about the various types of trampolines but also as to their health benefits. There is some promising research that suggests that the lymphatic system cam greatly benefit from the gravity effects experienced while rebounding. If this is true, I would want the benefits to last and from some reviews on other units, longevity can be an issue with indoor trampolines. The Jumpsport had the best reputation for quality and customer service so I figured I would give this a try.

It arrived within five business days of ordering, in large diameter, flat box. The legs are not attached for shipping and it took under ten minutes to assemble with the allan wrench provided which was easy for me to do.

It comes with a workout DVD which I was happy and surprised to find that the leader of the workout is a mature woman, 50+ years old. I have some serious limitations at the moment so I was thrilled that the video had anything remotely possible for me to make a start with. The instructors demonstrates modifiers for various levels of ability so even I could participate from day one. The video is shot in a very clear format - white background, three women, no bells or whistles. There are seven sections including a warm up, stretch, cardio, strength, upper body, core, and final stretch. Lasts about a half hour if you do the whole thing.

The trampoline itself is a ROCK SOLID build which relived any fears I had about my height/weight being the right match for this unit. I am 5' 11" and at the moment close to 200lbs; I was concerned that my heels may come too close to the ground on a good hard jump but I found I have several inches of ample clearance and nothing to worry about there. I have been using this in short intervals but so far I have not had any increase in pain in my knees, hips, etc. It has a really nice feel to the bounce - soft enough of a bounce not to hurt but firm and responsive enough that you feel you're catching a little bit of loft/air.

This is just my first week with the Jumpsport so if any issues develop with quality or durability I will update this review accordingly. In the meanwhile, so far I'm very impressed with the product which I feel meets the claims set forth in the description and would recommend.

02/27/12 UPDATE: Much to my own surprise, two days ago I was able to make it through the whole half hour workout. Although I was a little (well honestly A LOT) more tired than usual the day after and into today, I have not experienced any unusual soreness like when I have started other workouts.

I am really happy that I was able to actually complete a full workout, and part of that accomplishment is due to the excellent DVD and positive coaching it provided. I had to use the modifiers and do the push ups standing, leaning into a countertop as I can;t easily get on the floor. I've posted a photo of a screen shot from the video; as I'd mentioned above, it is filmed very clearly and that makes it very easy to follow.

I'll continue to post progress with the Jumpsport but for those on the fence about whether they can do this with a disability, I'd say this really is worth the 30 day try, with nothing to loose and maybe some really great results to gain. -DG

5.0 out of 5 stars love this!, April 4, 2011
This review is from: JumpSport Fitness Trampoline Model 220 (Sports)
I had a 30dollar mini trampoline with a hard bounce,realized it was causing knee and hip pain.All trampolines are not created equal. The JumpSport soft bounce is great for fun low impact exercise! It absorbs the shock so well,you can bounce anywhere,even if you have neighbors below .It's a very fun way to play!!

ARRAY(0xa29409f0)