5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God
Published on November 3, 2004 by Tanika L. Carroll

3.0 out of 5 stars need to change the region zone for this movie
I loved this movie the first time I saw it on television, I saw it on Amazon and thought WOW I can have it for my collection, when it arrived I was so excited, then comes the disappointment,the movie doesn't work in my DVD player,I have tried everything to get this movie to work but nothing,is there anyone who experienced the same issue and figured out how to make it work...
Published 6 months ago by Paticia Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God, November 3, 2004
This review is from: Jumpin' Jack Flash (DVD)
I am sooooooooooooooo happy that one of my all time favorite movies has finally come out on DVD. I love this movie so much. It's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Every time it comes on TV, I watch it like it's new. My favorite scene is when she dresses like one of the supremes and she gets her dress caught in the shredder, I laugh so hard at that point. Please, if you haven't seen this movie, it is a must have, cause it is unbelievably funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE put "Jumpin' Jack Flash" onto DVD !!!, October 28, 2003
Karen Patterson (Lafayette, CO United States) - See all my reviews
"Jumpin' Jack Flash" is a GREAT movie filled with hysterical lines and a zany cast. This is almost a cult classic and it is a tragedy that the movie isn't on DVD ! Why, just the fact that Whoopie is in it would make it sell great and there are at least two generations missing out on this film that would go nuts for it... MY poor VHS copy is almost worn out and there are so many delightful quips and lines in this film, almost nothing puts me in a better moood ! ("Get yourself an office - with a desk and a lamp !") PLEASE come to your senses an put this little gem, for its 20th anniversary at least, onto DVD !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Whoopi, May 6, 2005
This review is from: Jumpin' Jack Flash (DVD)
Years ago when this was first released it was the first movie I saw Whoopi Goldberg in, and I haven't missed any of her movies since then. Fans of comedies about average people getting into complicated spy situations with comedic results will love it. If you are a fan of movies like "Bird on a Wire", "Outrageous Fortune", and "Undercover Blues" you should enjoy this one.

This was the first time I recall seeing a comedy spy movie other than "Casino Royale" at the time. Goldberg and the rest the cast do a great job. Good music and sets make it stand out among a good number of those produced today. I highly recommend you buy this one since it is definitely one of Whoopi's best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Cold War Drama and Humor, April 22, 2000
This movie is a masterpiece Cold War comedy. Whoopi Goldberg is wonderful as the computer programmer, who is unsuspectingly brought into the struggle of a British spy. The plot twists wonderfully, and has real quality. Jonathan Pryce's cameo as Jack Flash is great also, as well as his voice. If you want to see a great, and funny film, as well Penny Marshall's directorial debut watch this wonderful film

5.0 out of 5 stars Please, Pleaae a DVD, July 29, 2003
By A Customer
"Jumpin' Jack Flash" is my favorite comedy and a cult classic in my family. We quote lines lines to each other to fit family situations and have watched it so often that we have worn it out. I have been looking unsuccessfully for a VHS or DVD replacement for over a year. My son preordered a DVD for me, but after 5 months the order was cancelled... Whoopie has never been better, and deserves a lasting version of this incrediblly funny movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars OVER and OVER Deserves to be on DVD, February 14, 2003
Larry P. Morgan (Greenfield, IN USA) - See all my reviews
Some movies get better the more often you see them, even if they are not a "great film" by normal definitions. They are good for curing a "blue" mood. Jumpin' Jack Flash is one of those. Watch it and laugh with someone you love! You will wear out a VHS tape. This one needs to be on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outrageously hilarious comedy, August 11, 1999
By A Customer
Whoopi Goldberg shined in this film. The plot, characters and laughs all worked together to create a truly remarkable and fun movie. Lots of very hilarious scenes and sticky situations. The perfect balance of comedy, action, drama, supsense and romance. Recommended for late nights and rainy afternoons.

5.0 out of 5 stars A comedy that surpasses time, December 9, 2004
I absolutely love this movie and plan to get it on DVD now that it is out. This is definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. I saw this movie when I was fairly young, and watched it again as an adult. As an adult, I still found the movie to be very amusing. I love to watch it during the little down time that I have. It is one of my guilty pleasures on a rainy day. Whoopi Goldberg's character is strong, intelligent, and independent. This movie has a little bit of everything, drama, mystery and suspense, and comedy (definitely!). I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't watched this movie, but I will say that this is one movie that doesn't often get the spotlight, but it is well deserved of one.

4.0 out of 5 stars A One-Woman Show, March 25, 2006
Diego Banducci (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jumpin' Jack Flash (DVD)
Whoopi Goldberg, like Robin Williams, got her start as a standup comedian, and like Williams, basically plays herself repeatedly in her films. That self is very funny and very attractive, but again as with Williams, she tends to ride roughshod over the other actors in the film. That is a tribute to what a great star she is, still it would be interesting to see her in company with better supporting actors.

That said, Jumpin' Jack Flash is really a hoot, perfect after a long day at the office or other unpleasant experience. Buy it, sit back, and enjoy! You will not be disappointed.

Note: If you can find it, there's a wonderful MTV video floating around the Web of Whoopi banging a cab driver (played by Jim Belushi) over the head with a frying pan, running away with him in pursuit, and ducking into a building, slamming the door behind her. When she turns around, she's in a recording studio, where Keith Richards asks her if she's a backup singer. Of course she immediately becomes a backup singer, backing up Aretha Franklin who is recording "Jumpin' Jack Flash" with Richards. Neither Franklin nor the Stones appear in the final version, but Franklin's version of "Jumpin' Jack Flash," which is as good as the Stones', provides the backup to the credits at the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD at last!, June 8, 2004
This review is from: Jumpin' Jack Flash (DVD)
JJF is one of those excellent 80's comedies that has begged for a DVD release for some time. I presumed the delay was because Fox were preparing a bunch of extras to add to the DVD, but not so. JJF has finally arrived on DVD, and despite there not being a single special feature (not even the trailer), it is still worth owning! Would have been nice for Whoopi to do an audio-commentary. A nice 5.1 surround sound has been given to the soundtrack, and the widescreen anamorphic is nice to have after years of watching the video cropped version. I will say that the DVD transfer is not sharp, but acceptable considering the film's age. JJF is Whoopi at her finest. She plays a bank computer operator who starts receiving help messages on her screen from a spy. It's one adventure after another from then on. Please remember .... it's a gas, gas, gas!

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Jumpin' Jack Flash by Penny Marshall (DVD - 2004)
Used & New from: $2.91