5.0 out of 5 stars Great shampoo bar that lasts!
I had never used a shampoo bar prior to Jumping Juniper and I have to say that I greatly prefer this to any liquid shampoo that I've tried in the past.

Published on November 7, 2011 by Brandi Cook

$24 for one bar of soap? You have got to be kidding me. I thought I bought three, not one, because the image shows three bars. I went back to Amazon and there it was in print: "1 BAR INCLUDED." This is a rip-off. You can buy one bar direct from Lush for $10.95.
Published 7 months ago by Mark O

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: you get only one bar, not three, as the photo suggests, May 7, 2014
Mark O (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shampoo bar that lasts!, November 7, 2011
Brandi Cook (BIRMINGHAM, AL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)

LUSH is a great company based in Canada that hand-crafts natural and earth-friendly cosmetics. Despite the fact that I live all the way in Alabama, these products arrived to me very quickly and much sooner than the date I anticipated. LUSH processed my shipment immediately after I placed my order, and I was able to track it easily on their webpage.

My products, including this shampoo bar, arrived carefully wrapped with a couple of generously-sized samples. The shampoo bar itself is round and flat, almost like an oversized medicine tablet. It is an attractive shade of dark purple accented with a small sprig of lavender. I found that the easiest way to use this product is to get my hair wet in the shower and rub the bar a couple of times across the front and back of my head. This stuff lathers VERY well, so you barely have to use any at all - I've been using it for a month and have not noticed it decrease in size one bit!

The scent is light and does not linger on your hair after you rinse it out - I kind of wish that the smell was stronger and lasted longer because I personally enjoy the scent of lavender. It cleanses my hair beautifully and removes any build-up and oil; additionally, it does not dry my hair out at all and leaves it silky and soft. I only condition my hair once or twice a week since it is very prone to becoming oily, and Jumping Juniper does not cause me any dryness.

I highly recommend this product to anyone with oily and/or fine hair as it is great for removing product build-up that tends to weigh down hair and make it look greasy. Even though it did not dry out my hair, I would choose another one of LUSH's products if you have extremely dry/damaged hair as this is better for oily tresses; also, if you have normal hair (neither particularly dry or oily) you may need to use a conditioner after shampooing. Jumping Juniper is perfect for those on a budget since it is quite inexpensive, especially for how long it lasts; it lathers so well that you only need the smallest bit of product to cleanse your hair.

Overall, I am very happy with this product and will most definitely purchase again in the future - although I am not sure when that will be since this stuff seems to last forever! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this shampoo!, September 11, 2011
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)
Although I'm not usually the type to use "natural" products, a friend got me hooked on Lush two years ago, and this is probably my favorite product so far. I have pretty oily hair which needs to be washed every morning in order to look clean for the rest of the day, but with this little bar I have been able to wash my hair every day and half (alternating mornings and evenings) without any major problems.

The scent is not particularly strong, but definitely pleasant. It should be supplemented with a conditioner or perfume by those who desire a stronger fragrance because this shampoo is not heavily perfumed enough to last an entire day. That being said, it can clean my hair like nothing else - it even squeaks in the shower as I'm washing off the suds! I have always had soft hair, but this has really taken things to a new level: I have never gotten this many compliments on my hair's texture, shine, and softness in my life.

It definitely takes a little while to get used to rubbing a bar of shampoo across your hair, but it has been totally worth it for me so far, and hopefully you will have the same positive experience!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cleans Your Hair, nothing special, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)
I got this because I LOVE Lush's BIG Hair solid shampoo so I thought I'd try their solid shampoo also. I have oily hair and read that the Juniper Shampoo was good for oily hair so I thought it would do the trick. It costs $10 for ONE BAR even though 3 are pictured...and if you want to save your $ then you need to get a soap tray or something to put this thing in because it dissolves away just like soap does-very quickly. It's very easy to use-just rub the bar on your hair and suds it up. The cleansing abilities of this shampoo did not really impress me much..my hair was clean but nothing spectacular. I will not be purchasing this again as I think it's a waste of money...I'd rather save my $10 and save up for my favorite shampoo-Lush's BIG!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 4, 2011
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)
This really helped my oily hair. I suggest buying the tin because it's just like a bar of soap it is wasted if you don't get the tin or have a closed holder for it. I was a little upset that they didn't include instructions on how best to use this so I did research online and you must get both hair and bar wet rub from side to side along hair then the length of it then lather it up with your finger tips. It's expensive but worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Shampoo Bar, June 8, 2010
B. J. (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)
I've been using this stuff for years and it love the way it gets my hair clean. The only problem I have with LUSH shampoo bars is the bit of flower or other plant matter that they stick on it. I don't want the leaf or branch or whatever in my hair and I sure don't want that going down the drain. It gets clogged enough as it is.

If I had known that I could order this from Amazon, I might not have gone straight to LUSH's site this morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)
Since I had hit my 30s, I have had the worst time in finding a shampoo to help my hair. My hair would be really oily but my scalp, dry and flaky. I tried Jumping Juniper and absolutely love it! My hair is finally balancing out and not looking so oily and flaky. My hair is even shiner than ever. I was hesitant about the smell at first but I like it now. The bar last a long time as long as you have the tin to put it in. Will continue using LUSH!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just ok, April 11, 2014
Philly (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)
I started using this because it says it fights oily hair...well turns out it made my hair more oily. It wasn't terrible and it has a pleasant smell, but I switched to the soak and float bar and it worked! It's amazing. Give it a shot if you have oily hair, it could actually be caused by dry scalp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like it!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)
I actually rotate this shampoo out with another teatree oil shampoo for oily hair and have really enjoyed the results. I have naturally thin and oil hair, and this really seems to help. Definitely use a soap dish if you want it to last though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shampoo bar, May 3, 2014
This review is from: Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar by LUSH (Misc.)
Love it....my hair feels so clean and stays clean longer. I love the clean smell! It lathers up great and you don't need much