4.0 out of 5 stars E-Reading for Kids
In case anyone needs to know what titles are included on this DS game, here is a list:
*A Christmas Carol

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Collection with some flaws
Published on December 6, 2011 by kchant

4.0 out of 5 stars E-Reading for Kids, November 27, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Junior Classic Books and Fairytales - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
*A Christmas Carol
*The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
*The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
*The Return of Sherlock Holmes
*Treasure Island
*Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen (18 of his better known ones)
*Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm (62 of their better known ones)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sick Stories! Thank You, Nintendo!, August 25, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I just got the Nintendo 3DS a week ago and was hoping there was some way to use it as an ereader, so I was delighted to come across Junior Classic Books & Fairy Tales at Target.

PROS, Summary: Wonderful books, easy to read, lightweight, on the device I'm carrying around with me all the time -- what's not to love!

The books are almost all ones that I want to read (Oliver Twist, Journey to the Center of the Earth); and some excellent ones I've already read (Moby-Dick, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn). I agree with a previous reviewer that the 3DS isn't necessarily the best way to read a book, BUT I've been humping a 800-page brick of a book (along with my 3DS, a laptop, notebooks, gym clothes, water bottle) in my backpack today; the book is The Celebrated Cases of Sherlock Holmes, and I've been enjoying it throughout the day when I had spare time to read. But Junior Classic Books & Fairy Tales contains every story in that book + some MORE Sherlock Holmes stories that AREN'T in it. And I'm happy as a clam that tomorrow I can leave that brick of a book at home and still have my Sherlock Holmes stories right at hand!

The text is easy to read. You can put three bookmarks in each book. And you can set the game so that when you come back to it later after having played something else, it goes straight to where you left off in the book -- not a single menu selection to fumble with, which is very nice!

CONS: The search functions are ungainly; in particular, you can't scroll through the menus quickly with the stylus. Instead you have to tap arrow buttons at the bottom or top of the menu, and since some of the authors (Hans Christian Andersen, Arthur Conan Doyle, and the Brothers Grimm) have tons of stories in here, it can take some time to get through them. But alternatively you can just type in what you're looking for. (You can also search by genre -- Detective Story, Fantasy, Adventure, Short Story, Novel, Fairy Tale.) Although I only bought the game tonight and have only begun to use it, I have a feeling that these little drawbacks will not detract much from my enjoyment of Junior Classic Books & Fairy Tales.

I am 35 years old and bought Junior Classic Books & Fairy Tales for myself. Interestingly, there's quite a bit of overlap in the stories on this cart and on the only other ebook I've been able to find for the DS, 100 Classic Books: Louisa May Alcott's Little Women, L. Frank Baum's Wizard of Oz, Frances Hodgson Burnett's Little Lord Fauntleroy, Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol and Oliver Twist, Doyle's Hound of the Baskervilles, Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book, Jack London's The Call of the Wild, Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, Anna Sewell's Black Beauty, Robert Louis Stevenson's Kidnapped, Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels, Mark Twain's Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, and Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I don't think I've ever written an Amazon review before, but I was inspired to do it because I'm so excited to have this little magic cartridge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DS GAme, May 15, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased for a 13 year old - he is a great reader - and this combines both loves - DS and reading! I may buy another one for me! The classic books is also wonderful and easy to use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, March 19, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter was very jealous of my kindle, so she enjoyed this game turning her DS into an "ebook" It was nice to bring a set of books along on a long car trip without actually trying to pack a bunch of books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this game, January 27, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter loves this game, it has actually raised her reading level in her class by double this last nine weeks. I am so impressed that she can be creative and learn larger words at the same time. It was delivered on time and at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loves It!, January 5, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this for my 8 year old son around Chritmas and he loves it. I was worried that it might be hard for him to read because he is far sighted, but that is not a problem. He is at a very hight reading level so this is very easy for him. He is enjoying the books and I like that I did not have to buy a new system for him (he has the Nintendo DS) and the books are not cluttering up the house collecting dust. We still go to the library a lot but this gives him something to read in between library visits. The books are still too advanced for my 6 year old, but hopefully in a couple years she'll be able to enjoy them as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars junior classic books and fairytales, August 22, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
this is a very good product i have just received it and started using it right away although i would not recommend it for little kids because a lot of the books use old English and old terms i think it would be more suited for older kids like 13 and up just because of the old English and the old terms other then that its a really good product and im loving it it has over 300 books on it . its great

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Collection with some flaws, December 6, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
It has many great classics. The books are better read if you used a DSi XL, so it make it's easier to see the words. My only complaint is that when I started to read "the Marvelous Land of Oz" I can across a part in the book that was missing a whole chapter. Now that I found that the chapter was missing I gave up and didn't want to continue in fear of finding other missing material in other books. Great for not having to carry around other books, but falls short. You can find most of the books in public domain, like the "Oz" books. Also the best place to go for borrowing book would be your local library. They should have most of these books on hand too.

2.0 out of 5 stars more early teen, January 23, 2014
Definetly not for an 8 yr old. Words are to big for him. I was disappointed in this. Plus there isbno games on the books.b

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 10, 2014
This definitely is a great collection. It has all the classics - Grimm Fairytales, Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland, Little Women, even Moby Dick. I got this for my daughter to introduce her to the classics - the basics for every kid's library. Some of these books cost $10, $15+ , so for $5 I am more than pleased.

Junior Classic Books and Fairytales - Nintendo DS