5.0 out of 5 stars Junkanoo is great!
Published on July 6, 2001 by John D. Morris

1.0 out of 5 stars This is calipso trying to be passed off as junkanoo
Published on December 19, 1998 by kenrogers1@compuserve.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Junkanoo is great!, July 6, 2001
John D. Morris "jomo nebraska" (Omaha, Nebraska United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
After searching for different types of Bahama music, I've definately come to love the musical style of the Baha Men! Junkanoo is full of dance classics such as Island Boy, Back to the Island, and Gin and Coconut Water! Everytime I travel south or am bored at work I put on this CD and it puts me in the Bahamas! It's a fun CD with a terrific island beat throughout! I highly recommend it for lovers of Bahama music!

4.0 out of 5 stars True Island flavor-----, February 1, 2006
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
This CD is fun for everyone. It places you on a beach in the sunny Bahamas, despite the fact that you are listening in a plastic patio chair from Target in your stateside, boring backyard. Who would believe that these same Bahamen would go on to record one of the most hideous pop-nightmares some ten years later: "Who Let the Dogs Out???" This is far from that. I don't know the story behind the band's transformation.....I won't say they sold out to the demands of pop culture/music, because I dont know that to be the case, but this CD is pure fun and authentic island music. I dont think anyone could argue that Dogs Out is. Regardless, no trip to the Keys, Bahamas or Carribbean would be properly anticipated without this in your cd player. Great, if you can find it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS CD!!!!!!!, January 21, 1999
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
This CD is a MUST for those Bahamians living away from home for any period of time. As a born Bahamian, I feel that these very talented, Bahamian musicians have done an excellent job of combining the Junkanoo beat with Bahamian vocals. I reiterate, I LOVE THIS CD!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THE BAHA MEN!, July 6, 2000
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
I have been a huge fan of the Baha Men ever since I heard them in the movie "My Father the Hero". Their music is always good. After I bought their first two albums with some songs from the movie, I bought all of the rest of their albums without even listening to any of the songs b/c I knew that they would be good. I think Junkanoo is the best of all of their albums so far. If you have ears, you'll have to like the Baha Men, they create sounds that you can't help but move to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes you back to the island, April 5, 2000
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
I like good music and this CD is good. It extended the euphoria from my too short visit to Nassau. If you want to taste one of the flavors of the Bahamas, try the the Baha_Men's "Junkanoo", you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back a lot of memories, September 16, 1998
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
The sights and sounds of the islands were ignited after listening to these somgs

5.0 out of 5 stars UBELIEVEABLE, September 6, 2000
Matthew David Miner (Lansing, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
I REMEMBER SEEING THESE GUYS 7 YEARS AGO AND SAYING "DAMN THEY ARE GOOD!" IT IS AWESOME TO SEE THEM GETTING THEIR BIG BREAK. THIS CD IS EXCELLENT. LAND OF THE SEA AND SUN IS BY FAR THE BEST SONG.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Jammin' Must-Have CD!, January 26, 2000
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
Includes the theme song to the Bahamas commercial, "Back to the Islands". But do your price shopping carefully, as SHOP-NOW.COM has it a few bux cheaper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Band, August 18, 2000
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
They played good in the movie and that is how I started to like them. They aare pretty much awesome. my favorite songs are who let the dogs out and land of sea and sun.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is calipso trying to be passed off as junkanoo, December 19, 1998
This review is from: Junkanoo (Audio CD)
There is no voice or harmony in junkanoo other than an combined shout admidst the percusion, bells, whistles etc. The bahamas have annual contests for the best Junkanoo Band. This group does not qualify for Junkanoo period. If you want to hear real Junkanoo, go to the Princess Casino in Bahama and go to they're show. I don't know if they're still there, but at the end of the show they have a Junkanoo band that will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. I think the head of the band was named Robbie.

Junkanoo
Junkanoo by Baha Men (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies