5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee and easy to use
Published on September 6, 2010 by Gregory G.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jura is OK,but not great
Published on March 2, 2010 by N.O.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee and easy to use, September 6, 2010
This review is from: Jura 13531 Impressa C5 Fully Automatic Coffee Center, Piano Black (Kitchen)
Purchased this machine about three months ago and have been totally pleased with it. Owned a C 1000 and upgraded with the frothXpress PLUS as well.... Easy to program, easy to use and easy to clean. I have been through two cycles of cleaning with the tablets and the cleaning took about half the time the C 1000 took... It uses special Cearly Blue filters.. no discounts on these. They are a standard price and you replace them with every cleaning so there is a little expense with this.

The frothXpress is great and I use it only when I am making a few cappucinos. It comes completely apart and cleans easily.

All in all, I could not be happier. The only thing that coul be better are the initial directions on how to use the machine. Having owned the other one, this one was easier to maneuver. The directions for the frothXpress PLUS are almost non-existent but I found some directions online which helped.

It is a hefty price for a machine but I value good coffee. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic machine!, September 30, 2011
girlygil "~jenn" (Silicon Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
This machine was on my wishlist for a long time, but I couldn't bring myself to drop close to a $1000 on a coffee machine. One day we realized we had alot of AMEX points and could convert them to use on Amazon... voila! 3 days later the machine was sitting on our kitchen counter. It did take a bit of time to setup and get the hang of how to use the frother but once you do - the coffee gods will smile down on you.

I held back posting a review until now. Last week the filter needed to be replaced and I ordered the wrong one (it's not the white filter that shows up as a bundled item with the tablets btw) so we've not been able to use the machine for the past week. We went back to using our old Tassimo single cup maker which I used to think brewed a pretty good cup of coffee. After drinking espressos, lattes and regular coffee from the Jura for the past 3 months I'm afraid I've been completely spoiled for anything else. This machine has now become an integral part of our daily routine...need to make sure I don't run out of the filters again!

If you're thinking about purchasing this machine all I can say is "do it, just do it".

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive machine with a couple irritatin design failures, August 5, 2012
D. Rich (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
Almost everything you can read about this beautiful machine, the C-5, is true. I bought it on Amazon for a very competitive price. A good move.

The espresso is excellent. The ability of precisely calibrate the the fineness of the grind pays off when you adjust it for your favorite bean (I use Lavazza Crema, also a good deal through an Amazon subscriptions). The various other features all work about as described -- few surprises.

After 14 months of heavy use (two quadruple espresso pulls and cappuccino operation every day, all year), I found the hardware for the steaming fixture is just not up to even routine household usage. Even before the year's warranty expired, an excessive amount of steam and hot water was escaping from somewhere near the top of the frothing wand. I assumed it was from around the rubber grommet by which the wand can be detached from the machine for proper cleaning -- I figured I'd stretched it out from frequent cleanings and so I just called and bought a new one ($15) from Jura USA. After installing it, I discovered that was not, in fact, the problem: high pressure super-hot steam continued to escape from the flimsy joint between the metal wand hardware and the 3mm curved metal pipe that delivers the steam from the front of the machine. Now, I keep a piece of paper towel wrapped around the joint to prevent getting scalded when turning off the steamer.

In addition, the drip tray fills up quite quickly, even if you *never* allow purging water or other drippings to go into it. (There must be some internal water purging process that happens to dump all this water into the tray.) Be sure your sink isn't too far way: the tray is shallow and long, which can make for a tense walk to the sink.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jura is OK,but not great, March 2, 2010
I have purchase the new Jura-Capresso Impressa C5 before it had been released. So I had to wait for several weeks for its delivery. Once it arrived it took a good couple of hours to read through the manual, (the machine operation is not intuitive). It had all kinds of warnings for grinding: no oily beans, no flavored beans, and so on. (You could grind such beans in separate grinder and use it in the grinded beans compartment. I have not tried this yet). So, I have followed the instructions closely, and for about 5 to 7 days it worked fine. However, one morning, after the first cup of coffee I made, I could not make a second one. (There was no coffee coming out of the spouts). I try different approaches to solve the issue myself, however eventually called the company. The representative had walked me through some steps, basically squandering more and more of my good beans, but was not able to solve the problem. To his credit, once he realized he can not resolve the issue he offered to replace the body of the machine. The way it worked; the company has sent the new body and a label to send the old one back. (I had to remove all the removable parts: water tank, spout for cappuccino, and such) It took about a week for a new one to arrive. On arrival, I have noticed that the spout on the new one did not feet as well as on the old one, but I did tried to froth the milk yet. (I hope it works)
As far as quality of the coffee it makes, it is not bad; it is still not a commercial quality, but the machine makes a creama that is somewhat resembling of a good European café coffee. I have tried several different kinds of beans and came to the conclusion that quality of beans make a bigger difference than the machine itself. (I tried the good beans in the cheap espresso machine and the coffee was almost as good). The best beans I found were at the "Whole Foods" store.
Overall, I think it is way overpriced, and I would not purchase it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine!, February 2, 2012
We have had this coffee machine for about 16 months or more and we LOVE it! Whenever we go on trips now, we actually miss our coffee machine of all things. Making a cappuccino or cup of coffee is so easy. No more making a pot of coffee that doesn't get finished or gets burned. We just brew the coffee as we want it. It seems much more economical than those little K-cup things because we buy a 2 pound bag of beans for under twenty dollars, and we're set. The K-cups are really just a novelty in my opinion; this is a machine you will use and enjoy for years. We bought a separate milk frothing machine (not the one you can purchase to attach to this machine) to make cappuccinos even easier than using the wand on this machine (which is not bad, but we wanted totally hands-free cappuccino making in the mornings). It has paid for itself many times over compared to buying coffees at the local Starbucks. The filters are pricey, but it looks like Amazon has a good deal on them, so we will buy them here from now on. So worth the money!

Updated Review - June 2014: Our machine is still going strong after nearly 4 years! It was a truly great purchase, and we hardly ever buy coffee anywhere else. My sister-in-law said the coffee brewed from our Jura machine tastes better than her K-cups (I must agree as I am not impressed with the flavor of coffee from a K-cup, but if you use regular coffee in a reusable mesh K-cup, it's all right). Sorry to knock those again as I do see their convenience for quick, single servings. But for great-tasting coffee and the choice between a single or double shot of espresso or a regular size or double size cup of coffee, the K-cups simply do not compare. We clean our machine and change the filter when its indicators tell us to, and we are good to go! The filters can be expensive, but we buy those on Amazon as well for less, and it is still more cost effective than buying coffee from anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this espresso/coffee machine!, November 25, 2010
Easy to use and brews a great cup of coffee. Espresso is even better. I mistakenly thought I needed a fine grind for my bold coffee, which produced a fairly mild cup, but after reading the instructions I changed the grinder to less fine and the end result is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST THERE IS, May 19, 2011
Jura is absolutely the best home automatic cafe machine. I have been drinking coffee made with European coffee machines since the 80's. Because of heavy use my espresso machines lasted about a year. Then while I was living in Europe I found Jura. I had a Jura fully automatic machine for three years in Europe. It was in perfect condition when I left. The lucky recipient of that machine, came back to the USA a year later.... and right away they bought a Jura for their home.
My FIRST purchase for my home after I re- patriated. > I bought the C5, I just love it. It ALWAYS works with zero problems. I stagger downstairs every morning... push button and Wa-La... a perfect cup off coffee for which the beans have just been solely ground for pours forth....

I have owned every brand out there and I am SOLD on JURA! DEPENDABILITY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, March 16, 2011
I've been thinking about getting the Jura for close to a year now but always hesitated because of the price. I love espresso but don't have the time or patience to grind/tamp/brew myself as some people do. Some die hard espresso lovers will laugh at this machine but for me it's perfect. It's easy to use and looks beautiful on the countertop.

This machine can grind your beans to the desired consistency and deliver a great cup of coffee. It also allows you the flexibility to use pre-ground coffee if you please...which is nice if you want decaf. It steams and froths your milk in an instant. Now I can have a cappuccino in the morning that only takes 2 minutes and minimal clean-up!

I almost bought the Ena but compared thru the Capresso site and found this machine was much more compatible and almost the same size. Do the research and you won't be dissapointed!

Edit**** 5-3-11

I ended up returning this machine. I purchased a Rancilio Silvia and Baratza Vario grinder. There's nothing wrong with the Jura but I wanted to control the quality of my espresso (temperature, tamp, overall technique)....yea, i know what I said before but we all make mistakes- right? I'm using my new setup everyday with ease. It does take longer to grind, tamp, brew and clean up but it's so good! Overall, my new setup was a couple hundred dollars more but well worth it.

Thanks Amazon for a great return policy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coffee maker ever!!!!!, January 11, 2012
After 2 months reading reviews and researching online the best coffe maker to buy I decided to try the Jura C5. I read some reviews as the coffee maker wasn't good preparing hot hot hot espressos I guess this people is crazy and lazy. You have to read the manual before use it if you want hotter coffee just pre warming the cup with the hot water feature, this it takes around 5s... but I've never needed to do that and my coffee always as hot as a Starbucks espresso.
I bought this machine to make lattes. I loved it. It's easy and I can prepare the same cafe mocha that I usually got in a Starbucks. I bought cafe mocha powder and a chocolate syrup from Ghirardelli website and after some cups I know how many spoons and pumps I have to use it...
You can changing the cup size and customized to your personal cup size to keep easier your daily coffee preparation.
My metal tray came with some scratches on I called the customer service and promptly they send me a new one by mailing.
As many people said the cleaning tablets are overprice but you can prepare many cups before replace it: If you brew 10 cups a day you need about one tablet every three weeks and one Clearyl Blue Cartridge per month. The machine indicates when you have to change both.
I am really satisfied with my coffee maker!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret buying this., April 10, 2013
Yes it is a bit expensive but think of it this way. We bought a similar model over 10 years ago ... it just started to break down a bit but it still works (it leaks and some parts are getting clogged). So we just bought this one to replace. Over the 10 years we roughly made 15,000 cups of coffee (that's conservative) at 5 oz per cup. This product makes coffee at least as good as Starbucks at which if you buy a std cup of joe goes it goes for about 3 bucks for a 12 oz cup. To make 15,000 cups of 5-6 oz size at 10g of beans per cup would equate to roughly 330 lbs of coffee. If you're buying Starbucks beans this is equivalent to 440 bags (12 oz per bag) let's say at ~$10/bag. So over the 10 years our 15,000 cups of 5-6 oz coffee equates to 7,500 cups of 12 oz Starbucks at $3/cup runs a bill of $22,500 ($7500x3). Making this amount in the Capresso costs you $4,400 in beans, water, a few cleaning tablets. You don't have to drive to your local coffee shop. This is way more convenient. It's easy to set up and use.

Rate and Discover Movies