5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation in top notch edition
Published on July 19, 2011 by J.P.E.W.

1.0 out of 5 stars Assembly quality is very poor
Published on November 11, 2012 by John G. Pettit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation in top notch edition, July 19, 2011
This review is from: Jurassic Park / The Lost World (Leatherbound Classics) (Leather Bound)
This combined edition (Jurassic Park/Lost World) is an attractive presentation of this late author's most popular story. The leather binding with embossed and colorized illustration is top-notch. The printing is set up in the style of the original editions with well placed illustrations and text fields. With gilded edges, the pages are durable and somehow manage to trim the surface space that the two original volumes would have occupied. I highly recommend this edition for those who treasure the stories enough to want a legacy copy for a print library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book! But you knew that already, I mean come on, it's Jurassic Park, I'm sure you've at least heard of it by now.., March 15, 2013
My review is not about the story, because by now we ALL know it. (Although I will say that if you only knew the movie, like I did, reading the book now is actually really cool. You'll see how much the movie actually DID follow the book's main scenes, but what makes it quite awesome is seeing how "dark" and kinda scary it is in the book.. in fact certain famous scenes in the movie were downright frightening in the book. The whole t-rex part is so much more intense in the book, you have no idea... Or when Nedry gets killed by the spitting dinosaur, wow, the book version is truly disturbing.)

Anyway, what I wanted to say in this review was that I was a little disappointed to find SO MANY typos. Like little minor errors here and there, that almost make you think the publishers didn't proofread it or something. Obviously this has no impact on the quality of the book or story, etc., but at the same time it's a little sloppy for something so classic. The first typo I forgave, and the 2nd typo I raised an eyebrow... But then I found a 3rd, and after that I lost count. Just little things, like forgetting a letter, or repeating a word. But DEFINITELY typos, not like me thinking they spelled some dinosaur name wrong, I mean things that absolutely would've been fixed had they proofread it before printing. I guess by the time they printed this fancy version of the book they were like, "Eh, we've all read it before, no need to read it again!" haha

Overall though, GREAT book. And I don't know what these other reviewers are talking about in terms of the physical quality of the book, mine still looks brand new after reading the whole thing. Never had a problem with glue or the red ribbon ripping off, etc. So maybe they just got a couple bad ones, I don't know, mine is an AWESOME book to add to my bookshelf.

1.0 out of 5 stars Assembly quality is very poor, November 11, 2012
I purchased the B&N copy and after 2 weeks, the glue attaching the pages to the spin cracked, and the pages began separating at the top. I was not rough with it, I didn't open it beyond a reasonable angle. I returned the book for another copy only to discover the same thing happens. It mainly does so at the top of the spine. The ribbon bookmark has quite a lot of old glue attaching it to the spine as well, and that, too, comes off quite easily and quickly. After just a month, I had returned 2 copies of the book.

For $20 the book should have had sewn pages. It was a rip off for the price. I will not purchase anymore B&N leather bound books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freakin' awesome!, July 6, 2014
This book is freakin' awesome and even better than the movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book is beautiful, June 3, 2014
I hve read the stories previously; no surprise there. The book itself is beautiful to observe, wonderful to touch, and beautifully bound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Condition, May 6, 2014
Awesome condition thank you so much it looked like it has been read, and it doesn't look bad at all

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book, February 8, 2014
Even though some of the paint discolored some of the white to look pink it was still a nice book because with a damp rag it came out. And it stands out in my leather bound book collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for 14 year old grand-daughter, January 10, 2014
My grand-daughter loves this book.
Such an easy way to purchase a gift. She sent me the exact information I needed to order. thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, January 4, 2014
Nice, solid, well made. Should be a nice addition for a fan. I just wouldn't order it from FHB. Their shipping seems to take much longer than anyone else and if you leave negative feedback, they'll request that you remove it!
Be warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars classy presentation, December 31, 2013
This book is very fancy and has great graphics on the cover. I love the silver around the pages. This was a gift for my fiance and he can't wait to begin reading!

Jurassic Park / The Lost World (Leatherbound Classics)
Jurassic Park / The Lost World (Leatherbound Classics) by Michael Crichton (Leather Bound - 2011)
Used & New from: $31.39