5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly generates conversation
Published on January 14, 2011 by Starshine

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but definitely for younger girls...
This book is cute, and it has some good questions for a girl and her Dad to fill out. But I bought it for my husband and almost 13 year old stepdaughter, and she was a little bored by it. I gave it 2 stars only because it was a little young for her, but it would probably be really great for like the 8-10 year old population!
Published 6 months ago by Rebecca

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly generates conversation, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
I purchased this book (and the Mommy one) for my 9 year old granddaughter for Christmas. Almost as soon as she had opened her presents, she started asking her Dad questions. They are like: Did you have a pet growing up? Where did your name come from? and she was writing the answers in the book. This is an excellent tool for generating conversation and creating interaction with each other on subjects that would not normally come up. It also uses the child's writing skills, since there is space to write the answers in the book. Her two older brothers were sitting with us, and the conversation brought about a lot of storytelling and laughter. Wonderful activity.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Granddaughter loved it, July 5, 2010
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
This was purchased as a gift for my granddaughter along with the same book for her and her Mom. I was not able to look at it personally, but my daughter-in-law raved about both books and thought it was the perfect gift for the eldest daughter to have some one-on-one time with both parents. :) My purpose exactly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Daddy's little girl, January 19, 2011
Carolyn (Balto Co., MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
My daughter loves all the activities in this creative book. She plans to keep it forever, so she can look at it with her father when she is grown, for some shared laughs and giggles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
My daughter really enjoys the activities we've done so far. She's only 6 though. Some of the activities are geared for older girls - which makes sense. I am thinking that I might end up buying two, maybe 2 more of these to give to her on her 10th and 15th birthdays to see how she and I have changed over the years.

She LOVES the "jar of fun" activity :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift, December 1, 2011
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
My daughter got this for her 9th b-day along with the "Just Mom and Me". We all love these books. She dove right in to the quizzes and projects. They have us tell stories, make up stories and laugh the whole way through. Great books, great times....I definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 year old loves it, January 8, 2013
Eyyys (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
I got this for my husband to do with his 9 year old daughter (my step daughter), they don't see eachother a whole lot and he finds it hard to find things for them to talk about for long. This book was a great bridge to that gap... there are silly games and questions they both fill out to "get to know eachother". (She's a girl so she loves answering questions about herself!) When he has her Wednesday nights for only a couple hours they will pick one of the games or activities to do and it helps keep them engaged. I definitely recommend this to any dad who is looking for more ways to connect with his daughter and for good reasons for them to play or talk together. Alot of the activities and games can also be played in the car, so that 25 minute car ride isn't so boring anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars My granddaughter and my son, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
This was a Christmas gift for my granddaughter. She and her father, my son, took to the book immediately even before all gifts were open. There is a daughter and dad "basketball" game in the book using wadded up paper. Used wrapping paper became their game. Of all the gifts "my baby girl" got this is the one that has given her the most pleasure. I would recommend it. It is especially wonderful for that single parent who needs to keep connecting with his child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Promotes great daddy/daughter conversations!, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
My 12 year old loved this and so did her friend that we gave one to as a gift.
Makes an awesome keepsake once it's filled out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot say enough good things about this book and the Mom and Me book...get it - you won't regret it!, December 2, 2013
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
I purchased this for our oldest daughter (6 yrs old) after getting the Just Mom and Me one and loving it. This is right up her alley, and includes LOTS of things for her to do with her dad, to encourage and foster a close relationship. My husband has always had more trouble connecting and bonding with this daughter, in comparison with our other children, due to her similarity in personality to his own (fairly quiet and introverted), but has always desired to have a better relationship. However, he and I both lack the creative genius to come up with these sorts of ideas of stuff to do together, so this was perfect for us! It has everything imaginable, and really great for just about any age of child. My husband is really looking forward to doing this with our daughter, as he's seen how well the Mom and Me book was done! I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Dad, Me and, Fun, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Just Dad and Me (American Girl) (Spiral-bound)
This is a perfect book for a girl and her father to bond together.Me and my dad didn't even finish it and we love it alot

Just Dad and Me (American Girl)
Just Dad and Me (American Girl) by Erin Falligant (Spiral-bound - March 1, 2010)
$10.95 $7.46