Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on January 14, 2011
I purchased this book (and the Mommy one) for my 9 year old granddaughter for Christmas. Almost as soon as she had opened her presents, she started asking her Dad questions. They are like: Did you have a pet growing up? Where did your name come from? and she was writing the answers in the book. This is an excellent tool for generating conversation and creating interaction with each other on subjects that would not normally come up. It also uses the child's writing skills, since there is space to write the answers in the book. Her two older brothers were sitting with us, and the conversation brought about a lot of storytelling and laughter. Wonderful activity.
44 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2010
This was purchased as a gift for my granddaughter along with the same book for her and her Mom. I was not able to look at it personally, but my daughter-in-law raved about both books and thought it was the perfect gift for the eldest daughter to have some one-on-one time with both parents. :) My purpose exactly!
on March 23, 2011
My daughter really enjoys the activities we've done so far. She's only 6 though. Some of the activities are geared for older girls - which makes sense. I am thinking that I might end up buying two, maybe 2 more of these to give to her on her 10th and 15th birthdays to see how she and I have changed over the years.

She LOVES the "jar of fun" activity :)
on January 19, 2011
My daughter loves all the activities in this creative book. She plans to keep it forever, so she can look at it with her father when she is grown, for some shared laughs and giggles.
on January 8, 2013
I got this for my husband to do with his 9 year old daughter (my step daughter), they don't see eachother a whole lot and he finds it hard to find things for them to talk about for long. This book was a great bridge to that gap... there are silly games and questions they both fill out to "get to know eachother". (She's a girl so she loves answering questions about herself!) When he has her Wednesday nights for only a couple hours they will pick one of the games or activities to do and it helps keep them engaged. I definitely recommend this to any dad who is looking for more ways to connect with his daughter and for good reasons for them to play or talk together. Alot of the activities and games can also be played in the car, so that 25 minute car ride isn't so boring anymore.
on March 25, 2014
I always get something for my children (boy and girl) for Valentine's day. I chose Just Dad and ME and Just Mom and ME. My daughter had a lot of fun asking my husband questions about his childhood. I really love the bond this little book created. My daughter is 9 years old and is more closed to me than my husband, however, after he presented her with the book, she got closer to Dad. This books comes with some tear-along tickets, so far the ones my husband and my daughter have been using more frequently are the Tag-you're it and the one for a free Bear Hug. My daughter is always moody and grumpy, and every time she and my husband have a disagreement, then he pulls his ticket for a free bear hug and solve their differences. Highly recommend this book.
on December 2, 2013
I purchased this for our oldest daughter (6 yrs old) after getting the Just Mom and Me one and loving it. This is right up her alley, and includes LOTS of things for her to do with her dad, to encourage and foster a close relationship. My husband has always had more trouble connecting and bonding with this daughter, in comparison with our other children, due to her similarity in personality to his own (fairly quiet and introverted), but has always desired to have a better relationship. However, he and I both lack the creative genius to come up with these sorts of ideas of stuff to do together, so this was perfect for us! It has everything imaginable, and really great for just about any age of child. My husband is really looking forward to doing this with our daughter, as he's seen how well the Mom and Me book was done! I highly recommend!
on November 1, 2012
Very cute book, as I've found all American Girl books to be. Written in a way that's perfect for 7-12/13 year old girls. Features lots of fun 'hands on' activities, and ideas. Best of all, it encourages a lot of conversations, by providing things such as quizzes, 'would you rather', and open ended questions that both Dad and girl answer. It's actually something that would be a fun keepsake in the future. A snapshot of both Dad and daughter at that time in their lives. It's great for my husband and daughter, encourages good private time, but I think it would be excellent for a Dad and daughter that perhaps can't be together all the time due to divorce/deployment situations. One could even get 2-on for each, and they could do many of the quizzes and such alone, then mail or whatever their copy to the other, or 'do them' over Skype or the phone. This is a perfect way of staying close to your daughter at a time when it's easy for dads to distance themselves a bit, because it's scary when your baby starts turning into a 'tween' girl!
on December 1, 2011
My daughter got this for her 9th b-day along with the "Just Mom and Me". We all love these books. She dove right in to the quizzes and projects. They have us tell stories, make up stories and laugh the whole way through. Great books, great times....I definitely recommend!
on January 7, 2015
My 7 year old LOVES this book. She doesn't get a whole lot of time with her dad, but this has really given him and her a fun new connection. She loves getting to know him, and he loves the quality time with her. I wish there were more questions instead of projects, but otherwise I would recommend it.