5.0 out of 5 stars Wow such a fun workout!
I use the 10, 20, 40 minute sweat mode for this and it's honestly some of the best (funnest) cardio I've done in a long time. I actually look forward to burning some calories and having a blast while doing it. I've even gotten 3 other friends into it because they jumped in when they saw how fun it was. I'd do it all over again!
Published 8 months ago by Wilyry

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but inaccurate Kinect detection.
I purchased for the XBOX One. As of January 2014 it is the only early release Kinect based game on Xbox one.

Gameplay
Published 8 months ago by Chad

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but inaccurate Kinect detection., January 2, 2014

Gameplay
The ability to dance with up to four players is the game's strong point. Dances are very interactive and some modes include lifting the other player into the air and carrying them around which is highly entertaining especially when it's unexpected. We played the game during New Years Eve celebrations and everyone had a great time. There are some very unusual song selections such as Aladdin and Ghost Busters.

The recorded videos of you and your friends busting out your club worthy dance moves is one of the most entertaining parts.

Downside
The Kinect does not read dance moves very accurately which makes it fairly easy to score when you clearly have no idea what on earth you are doing. The game picks up people sitting on the couch and actually gives them scoring marks. It's also very easy to start dancing as one player and move too far to your left or right and all of the sudden you are being registered in one of the other three player slots. Lastly, the game would mix up which player was controlling the options and it was hard to get it reassigned especially if the game gave control to someone sitting randomly in the background.

I would still recommend as a party game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow such a fun workout!, January 9, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't judge whole body movements, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One (Video Game)
Pretty disappointed that it doesn't judge your whole body movements but just what your right hand does. With an upgraded kinect for the the Xbox One I expected a lot better than this. This is pretty much the same as playing the game for the Wii where it only judges the hand you are holding remote in.
Dance Central for 360 judged whole body movements, I'd wait till that game comes out for the One.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweeeeeet, January 5, 2014
James T. Ryan (Lansing, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One (Video Game)
this game is a blast. have played it for 2 weeks by myself and with my family. it's not highly technical but better dancers get higher scores. the songs are surprisingly fun for someone who isn't a pop fan. i hope the kinect integration is continued to be pushed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly fun and entertaining, November 25, 2013
J. Rosenberg (Northeast OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One (Video Game)
This is way more fun than I figured it would be. I got my son Just Dance Kids for the Xbox 360 a year or two ago and he enjoys that, but he's seven now and since we got the new Xbox this is one of the games we decided to get. It is actually very nicely done.

I have been playing it a little on my own, but it is really fun to play with my son. You can play with up to six people at a time, which is amazing. The most people we've had playing at once is four, and it works perfectly with that.

Wish there was a little better mix of music. Music categories I'd like to see included are: techno/house, folk rock, some 90s alt rock, and would absolutely love it if they released some songs from musicals.

It's pretty good exercise, too. I've worked up a sweat more than once, and there's a workout mode where you can just dance to whatever song you want for a set or infinite amount of time.

I definitely think it's worth a buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, fun for the kids, video mash-ups can be hilarious, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One (Video Game)
The game itself doesn't seem to be a whole lot different from the others we have owned. We had the earlier ones on Wii so this one has the Kinect instead of the remotes to tell if you are doing it right. I will comment that the camera is very accurate on seeing what you are doing and the moves you are asked to perform seem to be more complex than the Wii ones we are used to.

The karaoke feature is my favorite as always to get bonus points for singing. But the best part of this game turned out to be the mash-up videos it makes as it records you dancing. I really find them to be a hoot as it always seems to catch you at your silliest. I find myself doing the game just to see the payoff and see what it has done with the video at the end. Whoever was responsible for creating that part of the game bravo. It may have been in older versions on the xbox 360 or PS3 if you had the cameras, but this version steals the show for me.

The only thing I've noticed as a negative is that it sometimes picks up things in our living room as players that aren't. For instance when it was Christmas time it would think our Christmas tree was a player for some reason. While it was hilarious to see this happen and have it do the mash-up video with a hat or panda head on the tree, it does make me wonder how well it's actually seeing what we do on the camera.

That being said, it's fun to play and we are still playing it after several months which is more than I can say for some of the other games we have had in the past.

4.0 out of 5 stars Party all time, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One (Video Game)
This is entertaining and exercising. I love it! We can party with friends and compete with each other.. That's Amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fun!!!, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One (Video Game)
This game is tons of fun for the entire family, even my two year old gets into it. I love that it has dances that 3-4 people can do together. The music is great and has a huge variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars YAY an actual 4 player game for XBox ONe, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One (Video Game)
Come on it is another just dance... The only true perk to this game so far other than the loads of fun the just dance games bring to a drinking party, is that it so far is the only game of six we own for the xbox one that is a four player game without having to go online to play with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game......Lots of Fun!!!, September 2, 2014
This review is from: Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One (Video Game)
This review is long overdue. This was a great purchase for our family. I have 2 daughters who are now 3 and 6 (they were 2 and 5 at time of purchase) and they loved it. Obviously the 3 year old mimics only 10% of the moves but she feels like she is playing too and has a great time. They still play with it periodically but there was a good period of about 3-4 months where they played every day. The graphics are cool and the moves are fun. Even the world dance was a hit. It's the type of game where you can just get up and dance the first time and have fun. It also allows you to practice and get higher scores. Came with a lot of songs and I even bought a few additional at $2.99 per song. To this day whenever people come over whether adults or kids they seem to have a blast playing for a while.

Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One
Just Dance 2014 - Xbox One by UBI Soft (Xbox One)
$49.99 $31.54
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies